Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business (5586 Views)

Get An Online Presence For Your Business This Holiday Season / Nigerian Instagram Accounts To Kickstart Your Business Online Presence / Sustaining A Strong Online Presence For Your Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by youngmajor: 12:13am On Feb 02, 2018
[img]https://2.bp..com/-zO-f8W7oA0I/WnOb-jq8LTI/AAAAAAAAAFU/0mKgoxeERwQP2d_hz11X99ejVIl-I8jYQCLcBGAs/s1600/smallbizpresense.png[/img]

Having an online presence for a business is an idea many Nigerian entrepreneurs are yet to give a thought. While many businesses are leveraging the power of the internet to grow their brands and increase their sales, many more still operate without a website.

The reason for the low internet presence is probably because many entrepreneurs do not see the need for it. Unlike the developed nations of the world, the internet is still being underused in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

For instance, consider the study that showed that 46 percent of US business owners do not have a website which was rated to be poor, how many percent do you think would be Nigeria’s? 70 percent? 80 percent? It’s apparent that the percentage is on the high side in Nigeria.

If you’re one of those who think having an online presence for your business is unnecessary, here are 7 points to help change your perspective.

1. Business credibility

Having an online presence boosts your business credibility. It makes your clients/customers to have confidence that you’re legit and brighten the image they have of your business. A study conducted in 2015 revealed that 84 percent of consumers believe that businesses with an online presence are more credible than that without one.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-ncB-pnXniqM/WnOcwl0n5BI/AAAAAAAAAFc/x2Hu5ieP3pUP1MEdNXDj26oAkXwkHuGtwCLcBGAs/s1600/twitter_social_media1.png.png[/img]

When a customer rates your business to be credible, not only will you experience ease in doing business, you will also enjoy frequent patronage.

2. Greater customer reach

One of the biggest challenges facing every business is how to reach potential customers. The days of waiting for customers to troop in is long gone. Any business that wants to thrive must actively seek to reach potential customers.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-QT4bO7KXef4/WnOdCpRcJQI/AAAAAAAAAFg/dUmeLta32EUu19qj4Nj5Y4UcqnDv11XLQCLcBGAs/s1600/fb_social_media.png.png[/img]

The internet remains not only one of the cheapest but also the most effective way of gaining new customers. With over 91 million Nigerians active on the internet, you can reach as many people as you desire with options to choose your target audience using filters like location, age group, gender etc.

3. Cost Efficiency

You can save a lot of money doing business online than on the outside world. For instance, you could run a business online at little cost whereas using a physical location could gulp loads of money through several outlets.

Even in terms of advertising, you can reach more people online than you possibly could do offline. For instance, as that the time of this writing, you can reach up to 6,000 people on Facebook with a sponsored post costing just N1,000.

4. Business Discoverability

Many people are turning more to the internet as a mean of searching for businesses close to them. In a survey commissioned by GoDaddy, 83 percent of surveyed businesses said their online presence gave them a competitive advantage over businesses without a website.

An online presence makes it easy for people to discover what you do. A search on Google by potential customers can open doors of patronage which you could not have otherwise gotten elsewhere.

5. Your Store will never close
It is natural for stores to have opening and closing hours. However, this can sometimes be a disadvantage as it limits your chance to earn more. What if a business opportunity shows up during closing time but you’re nowhere to be found?

Having an online presence eradicates this problem. Now you can have a store (point of contact) online where you can respond to messages and enquiries on your internet-enabled device at any time of the day. Even if your offline shop closes and you’re not available, an online option makes it possible for you to be able to relate with potential and existing customers.

More: http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/02/7-benefits-of-having-online-presence.html

8 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by iykepromotions: 8:42am On Feb 02, 2018
Great points coming from you again. that's why I don't like selling a domain name to Nigerians. most will under rate it and some will simply under price it as they don't know the value. my best buyers so far are the Americans

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by ChocolateBunny: 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2018
iykepromotions:
Great points coming from you again. that's why I don't like selling a domain name to Nigerians. most will under rate it and some will simply under price it as they don't know the value. my best buyers so far are the Americans
Pls teach me how to make money online,Pls...God bless

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by corpersforum(f): 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2018
Imagine if Konga, Jumia, OLX and others stayed back in Lagos doing their stuffs. Am sure you know the correct answer to that.

Online presence is the real thing.

Show me a business without an online presence, and I will show you a restricted business.

Mind you. It also depends on how wide and popular you want your business to be. But am sure the aim of every business is growth
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by Ignyte(m): 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2018
iykepromotions:

Nigerians are the worst, Have you ever done a website for a Nigerian Client, you will hate yourself.
They start pricing like they're doing you a favour in getting a website for their business. I beat down prices for eCommerce and all but you'll still see them crying that the rates are too expensive, but once they start seeing gains, nobody calls you to thank you and stuff.

A certain politician attempting to run for senatorial election in 2019, contacted me for a quotation as to handling his social media marketing, the man now narrowed the budget to an annoying five figures. What is my own, if you pay 50k, you get 50k results.

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by johnnyn1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2018
Still looking out a good eCommerce website for my business..

Anyone can help?

Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by Krafty006: 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2018
the internet is a powerful tool....custom made shoes 0-8-1-8-1-6-6-3-6-1-6
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by Premiumwriter: 12:40pm On Feb 02, 2018
Great points.

I just wonder why some persons will venture into business without creating any internet presence. As a business owner you, your business should have accounts on all social media and if you don't have the time to manage them or if you don't know how to manage them you can hire someone to do it for you. The internet has so much potential that you cannot neglect it if you want your business to succeed.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by iykepromotions: 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2018
ChocolateBunny:
Pls teach me how to make money online,Pls...God bless
Check out this awareness thread on How to buy and resell EXPIRED Domain names for profit; https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online.... And for direct mentorship, complete tools and mentorship, Visit Julanky.com. You can equally do private researching on your own if you're skeptical about anything. (RESEARCHING Pays) Making money online is NOT that complicated as many may tell you.

cc; Hesilo

Regards.
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by Donald3d(m): 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2018
Very very true
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by Donald3d(m): 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2018
johnnyn1:
Still looking out a good eCommerce website for my business..

Anyone can help?
Yes I can ,
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by donestk(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
Please how do i sell my domain: http://humanitarianswithoutborders.org/

iykepromotions:
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by MisterFelix1(m): 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2018
I was just discussing this with my partner yes'day. Anyway, I'm currently about to launch a website for my business too.

Meanwhile, checkout these great websites built by LatiCodes. I think they are good!

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by slywind2000: 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2018
Coconut Poundo available at your doorstep...Delivery nation wide. Call/contact 08023541948, 08144940989

Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by fghanni(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2018
We provide a complete solution for internet consultancy which includes web development, domain name registration, and web design (online store, blog, content management, Portals (hotel, hospital, education, automobile (car dealers), supermarkets), (donation site ), MlM, HYIP , Bitcoin doubler. HYIP Monitor e.t.c. (Intranet or Internet deployment)

Payment Gateway Integration
bulk marketing emailer
easy auto email template designer
auto email and scheduler
category filters
multi vendor (multi sellor)
seller
quick checkout
page speed (cache mechanism) for faster page
high speed improve google result
better auto seo plugins
google, facebook login,
and many more

Whats'app / Call : 07032624096

Email: fghanni@yahoo.com
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by ChrisEsq: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
Good points...this is why we do a lot on IG and Facebook. We on IG as @Kayceelawproperties and website is Www.Klp.ng it's new Someone should check it out and advice. We sell genuine lands and houses in Abuja.
youngmajor:
[img]https://2.bp..com/-zO-f8W7oA0I/WnOb-jq8LTI/AAAAAAAAAFU/0mKgoxeERwQP2d_hz11X99ejVIl-I8jYQCLcBGAs/s1600/smallbizpresense.png[/img]

Having an online presence for a business is an idea many Nigerian entrepreneurs are yet to give a thought. While many businesses are leveraging the power of the internet to grow their brands and increase their sales, many more still operate without a website.

The reason for the low internet presence is probably because many entrepreneurs do not see the need for it. Unlike the developed nations of the world, the internet is still being underused in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

For instance, consider the study that showed that 46 percent of US business owners do not have a website which was rated to be poor, how many percent do you think would be Nigeria’s? 70 percent? 80 percent? It’s apparent that the percentage is on the high side in Nigeria.

If you’re one of those who think having an online presence for your business is unnecessary, here are 7 points to help change your perspective.

1. Business credibility

Having an online presence boosts your business credibility. It makes your clients/customers to have confidence that you’re legit and brighten the image they have of your business. A study conducted in 2015 revealed that 84 percent of consumers believe that businesses with an online presence are more credible than that without one.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-ncB-pnXniqM/WnOcwl0n5BI/AAAAAAAAAFc/x2Hu5ieP3pUP1MEdNXDj26oAkXwkHuGtwCLcBGAs/s1600/twitter_social_media1.png.png[/img]

When a customer rates your business to be credible, not only will you experience ease in doing business, you will also enjoy frequent patronage.

One of the biggest challenges facing every business is how to reach potential customers. The days of waiting for customers to troop in is long gone. Any business that wants to thrive must actively seek to reach potential customers.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-QT4bO7KXef4/WnOdCpRcJQI/AAAAAAAAAFg/dUmeLta32EUu19qj4Nj5Y4UcqnDv11XLQCLcBGAs/s1600/fb_social_media.png.png[/img]

The internet remains not only one of the cheapest but also the most effective way of gaining new customers. With over 91 million Nigerians active on the internet, you can reach as many people as you desire with options to choose your target audience using filters like location, age group, gender etc.

3. Cost Efficiency

You can save a lot of money doing business online than on the outside world. For instance, you could run a business online at little cost whereas using a physical location could gulp loads of money through several outlets.

Even in terms of advertising, you can reach more people online than you possibly could do offline. For instance, as that the time of this writing, you can reach up to 6,000 people on Facebook with a sponsored post costing just N1,000.

Many people are turning more to the internet as a mean of searching for businesses close to them. In a survey commissioned by GoDaddy, 83 percent of surveyed businesses said their online presence gave them a competitive advantage over businesses without a website.

An online presence makes it easy for people to discover what you do. A search on Google by potential customers can open doors of patronage which you could not have otherwise gotten elsewhere.

It is natural for stores to have opening and closing hours. However, this can sometimes be a disadvantage as it limits your chance to earn more. What if a business opportunity shows up during closing time but you’re nowhere to be found?

Having an online presence eradicates this problem. Now you can have a store (point of contact) online where you can respond to messages and enquiries on your internet-enabled device at any time of the day. Even if your offline shop closes and you’re not available, an online option makes it possible for you to be able to relate with potential and existing customers.

More: http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/02/7-benefits-of-having-online-presence.html
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by JimloveTM(m): 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2018
youngmajor:

1. Business credibility

3. Cost Efficiency

Great points. Visited your website though, not impressed with the design and layout.. Chat me on whatsapp. Lemme help you fix that up or see this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4236780/transform-wordpress-blog-e-commerce-site
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by Yinxies(f): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2018
*Wider business coverage*
You can cover more customers around the globe

Meanwhile, I design professional websites for only N20,000

Domain+hosting+design

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by Internetsavvy(m): 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2018
The Twitter aspect is very correct, most brand on Twitter have their customers following them because it's like another customer care line.
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by silasweb(m): 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2018
This is the kind of post i like to read. Thanks OP
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by javaprogs(m): 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2018
Great Post. Let me just add that Email Marketing is another great way small (startup or existing), middle scale and large businesses can reach their target audience/potential customers.

In need of an Email Marketing Solution that helps you send Unlimited Emails to your existing and non existing customers? Contact me..

Thanks.
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by tafat: 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2018
nice info this is great
Re: Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business by spafu(m): 11:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Samuel Robinson: Teenager Asks For N20million Naira / Shoprite & Silverbird Cinemas Coming To Golden Tulip Festac( Former Durbar Hotel / World Bank Grant 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.