Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,045 members, 7,849,216 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:24 PM

Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments (30997 Views)

Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT) / Obasanjo: "Buhari Planning To Frame Me Up & To Seize My International Passport" / Ortom: President Buhari Ignored My Invitation To Benue Over Herdsmen Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Promismike(m): 10:02am On Feb 02, 2018
sarrki:
Following
U don't need to follow. U are beter as a daft zombie

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by emperormossad(m): 10:03am On Feb 02, 2018
An obstinate fly will follow the corpse to the grave.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Obdk: 10:03am On Feb 02, 2018
sarrki:

Power will return south 2019
The south is not leaving any stone unturned
Power will return south this I know
dis guy is so confused.
dis morning it was buhari till 2023 then osibande will take over
dis morning its power will return south...

stop sniffing mined skull

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:04am On Feb 02, 2018
OBJ should not worry we would correct our error with our PVC's in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by eodavids(m): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2018
sarrki:

Power will return south 2019

The south is not leaving any stone unturned

Power will return south this I know

MAY DAY! MAY DAY!! MAY DAY!!!

there seems to be a fake sarrki here
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 02, 2018
spot-on!
the dumb, daft, CLANISH, demonic nomad is a BLUNDER that must be corrected in 2019!
the redundant sadist is the most useless thing i ever voted!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:07am On Feb 02, 2018
SalamRushdie:

I know we were all warned but you need shield your anger over our short sightedness then as we need every hand on deck in our bid to recover Nigeria back from the demon called Buhari because nobody can be a winner under such a character
It’s too late! There are some mistakes that are simply irreversible..when he was appointing his kinsmen at strategic posts in the government, even in INEC you think it was for nothing? I have lost ALL optimism about the ability of the Nigerian people to make logical decisions, hunger, ignorance and biased sentiments drives them all..I say it again, your votes will count for SHYTE come 2019..

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by lastmessenger: 10:12am On Feb 02, 2018
toniok:
politicians are just crying wolf where there is none. Why is no body talking about the appointments in the finance
& economic sector? CBN, min. of finance, budgeting & planning, DMO, SEC, Budget office are all manned by southerners. This strategic, when pmb came into power, the major security threat was boko haram. He need to use people from NE ( buratai & the air forceman) who understand the language and terrain of these areas to fight them. He put a person from SS as chief of naval staff, which is good. The chief of defence staff is from SW. GEJ made this mistake during his time. Using Ihejirika (COAS) to fight boko haram. The northerners accused him of killing their people and petitioned the ICC over it. Pls let us all reason before we write things that will not help the country
common stop arguing nonsense. Ihejirika handled BH and contained them more than any other service chief have done.immediately Good luck asked ihejirika to go,bokoharam started taking villages and local government and was about establishing in the north central .
Again how is the security of the country now that Buhari decided to distribute it among his Fulani brother. If they are really doing well,why do have so much bloodshed lately with no solution to stopping the crisis?

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by tete7000(m): 10:20am On Feb 02, 2018
EnEnPeecee:
The animals that are complaining buhari did this, buhari did that. Didn't we warn you guys not to allow a nepotistic and hydra headed tyrant any where near to power? ?? They call themselves intellectual yet could not use their intelligence to make sound decisions.

If una complain again na thunder go scatter that una dirty mouth. Buhari till 2039

A million gbosas for this. Don't mind them, they have brain but can't use it. One question I never stop to ask is: "if these people have demonstrated bad judgment in the past, why should their judgement on any issue ever be trusted again?
Obasanjo campaigned for Buhari presidency, defended him at the initial stage of the administration when keen observers were already seeing redflags and making noise. The same Obasanjo has come back now to join forces and went as far as saying Buhari is not competent to seek a second term on health ground, however was it not the same Obasanjo that imposed a sick Yar'dua on the naton despite his illness and despite public outcry against that? He vehemently insisted that the man is well enough to govern. Of course the rest is history.
This man has not shown himself capable of channelling a safe future for the nation. His choices have always ended in disaster. That said though, something ought to be done to dislodge Buhari from power. He represents a poison to the heart of our nation. In doing so, however we need to be wary of those whose solutions in the past has been one driven by hatred, jealousy, and all sort of primordial sentiments rather than one based on thorough, rational and objective analysis of issues on ground.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 02, 2018
SEUN and his nairaland team, so your portal has become so denigrated and partial to the extent that you placed an item on Islam on frontpage - 'Some corpers did not wear pant' you now grant only muslims the right to respond or make comments. This is against the ethics of journalism or blogging. To reply, you have to indicate your religion with a threat that whatever religion you chose would be reflected in your profile. Immediately, you clicked 'NO' indicating that you are not a muslim, you are automatically barred from making comment.

You have placed anti christian, anti pastors, anti churches and other feelings or observations of christians on frontpage without special SCRIPT (I am an IT expert) to filter respondent based on religion. People have been complaining about marginalisation, partiality and all sorts of bad manipulations in your editorial systems which I have defended until few months ago when I noticed it.

Thanks. Well done

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by EnEnPeecee: 10:23am On Feb 02, 2018
tete7000:

A million gbosas for this. Don't mind them, they have brain but can't use it. One question I never stop to ask is: "if these people have demonstrated bad judgment in the past, why should their judgement on any issue ever be trusted again?
Obasanjo campaigned for Buhari presidency, defended him at the initial stage of the administration when keen observers were already seeing redflags and making noise. The same Obasanjo has come back now to join forces and went as far as saying Buhari is not competent to seek a second term on health ground, however was it not the same Obasanjo that imposed a sick Yar'dua on the naton despite his illness and despite public outcry against that? He vehemently insisted that the man is well enough to govern. Of course the rest is history.
This man has not shown himself capable of channelling a safe future for the nation. His choices have always ended in disaster. That said though, something ought to be done to dislodge Buhari from power. He represents a poison to the heart of our nation. In doing so, however we need to be wary of those whose solutions in the past has been one driven by hatred, jealousy, and all sort of primordial sentiments rather than one based on thorough, rational and objective analysis of issues on ground.
WORD ON MARBLE
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 02, 2018
SEUN and his nairaland team, so your portal has become so denigrated and partial to the extent that you placed an item on Islam on frontpage - 'Some corpers did not wear pant' you now grant only muslims the right to respond or make comments. This is against the ethics of journalism or blogging. To reply, you have to indicate your religion with a threat that whatever religion you chose would be reflected in your profile. Immediately, you clicked 'NO' indicating that you are not a muslim, you are automatically barred from making comment.

You have placed anti christian, anti pastors, anti churches and other feelings or observations of christians on frontpage without special SCRIPT (I am an IT expert) to filter respondent based on religion. People have been complaining about marginalisation, partiality and all sorts of bad manipulations in your editorial systems which I have defended until few months ago when I noticed it.

Thanks. Well done

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by chernest2002: 10:26am On Feb 02, 2018
Verbally buhari belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody, but in actions, buhari belongs to the core north. I am happy because I knew buhari before 2015 so I voted against him but people like obj who supported and voted him is full of regrets. But another change will come by 2019 so those of you who are regretting should save your self , but those who wish to continue should do so Chikena!
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Enemyofpeace: 10:30am On Feb 02, 2018
Like him or hate him,Obj truly has the interest of Nigeria at heart. He may have his shortcomings, that's normal because he is human.

Kudos to ebora owu.

Shame on Buhari
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Inani(m): 10:32am On Feb 02, 2018
NIGERIA'S SERVICE CHIEFS UNDER OBASANJO. Written by Nnamdi Apugo.

SEE HOW MANY WERE FROM THE SOUTH {Christians}.

NEPOTISM

CHIEFS OF ARMY STAFF

Lt Gen Victor Malu COAS May 1999 - April 2001 Christian

Lt Gen Alexander Ogomudia COAS April 2001 - June 2003 Later Chief of Defence Staff (CDS).Christian

Lt Gen Martin Luther Agwai COAS June 2003 June 2006 Later Commander of the United Nations African Union Mission in Darfur.Christian

Lt Gen Owoye Andrew Azazi COAS 1 June 2006 - May 2007 Later Chief of Defence Staff (CDS).Christian

Lt Gen Luka Yusuf Christian
100% of the Chief of Army Staff under OBJ were Christians

CHIEFS OF DEFENSE STAFF

Admiral Ibrahim Ogohi (1999–2003). Muslim

General Alexander Ogomudia (June 2003 – June 2006)Christian

General Martin Luther Agwai (June 2006 – May 25, 2007)Christian

General Owoye Andrew Azazi (May 25, 2007 – August 20, 2008)Christian

Air Chief Marshal Paul Dike (August 20, 2008 – September 8, 2010) Christian
4 out of the 5 Chiefs of Defence Staff were Christians i.e 80% are Christians while only 20% is Muslim

CHIEFS OF NAVAL STAFF

Vice Admiral J. Ayinla DSS 1998 - 1999
Vice Admiral V.K. Ombu CFR 1999 - 2001 Christian

Vice Admiral S.O. Afolayan 2001 - 2005 Christian

Vice Admiral G.T.A. Adekeye 2005 - 2008
Christian

All the chiefs of Naval Staff are Christians i.e 100%

CHIEFS OF AIR STAFF

1999–2001 Air Marshal Isaac Alfa Christian

2001–2006 Air Marshal Jonah Wuyep Christian

2006–2008 Air Marshal Paul Dike Christian

All the chiefs of Air staff are Christians i.e 100%

Next OBJ tell you about NEPOTISM show him this lists. Nigerian please open your eyes the elites are using us for their own selfish interest. Nigerian 2019 is between the elites and the ordinaryu Nigerian. OBJ letter is a grand plan to aceive that
Share to all your contacts. *Long* *Live* *Nigeria*
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Enemyofpeace: 10:32am On Feb 02, 2018
babaolofin:

Thanks. Well done
don't mind seun,just leave him,we are working on something, very soon him go hear am. If him like let him ban me,I go open triple accounts to replace this one
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Enemyofpeace: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2018
Inani:
NIGERIA'S SERVICE CHIEFS UNDER OBASANJO. Written by Nnamdi Apugo.

SEE HOW MANY WERE FROM THE SOUTH {Christians}.

NEPOTISM

CHIEFS OF ARMY STAFF

Lt Gen Victor Malu COAS May 1999 - April 2001 Christian

Lt Gen Alexander Ogomudia COAS April 2001 - June 2003 Later Chief of Defence Staff (CDS).Christian

Lt Gen Martin Luther Agwai COAS June 2003 June 2006 Later Commander of the United Nations African Union Mission in Darfur.Christian

Lt Gen Owoye Andrew Azazi COAS 1 June 2006 - May 2007 Later Chief of Defence Staff (CDS).Christian

Lt Gen Luka Yusuf Christian
100% of the Chief of Army Staff under OBJ were Christians

CHIEFS OF DEFENSE STAFF

Admiral Ibrahim Ogohi (1999–2003). Muslim

General Alexander Ogomudia (June 2003 – June 2006)Christian

General Martin Luther Agwai (June 2006 – May 25, 2007)Christian

General Owoye Andrew Azazi (May 25, 2007 – August 20, 2008)Christian

Air Chief Marshal Paul Dike (August 20, 2008 – September 8, 2010) Christian
4 out of the 5 Chiefs of Defence Staff were Christians i.e 80% are Christians while only 20% is Muslim

CHIEFS OF NAVAL STAFF

Vice Admiral J. Ayinla DSS 1998 - 1999
Vice Admiral V.K. Ombu CFR 1999 - 2001 Christian

Vice Admiral S.O. Afolayan 2001 - 2005 Christian

Vice Admiral G.T.A. Adekeye 2005 - 2008
Christian

All the chiefs of Naval Staff are Christians i.e 100%

CHIEFS OF AIR STAFF

1999–2001 Air Marshal Isaac Alfa Christian

2001–2006 Air Marshal Jonah Wuyep Christian

2006–2008 Air Marshal Paul Dike Christian

All the chiefs of Air staff are Christians i.e 100%

Next OBJ tell you about NEPOTISM show him this lists. Nigerian please open your eyes the elites are using us for their own selfish interest. Nigerian 2019 is between the elites and the ordinaryu Nigerian. OBJ letter is a grand plan to aceive that
Share to all your contacts. *Long* *Live* *Nigeria*
my friend go and sit down. That was during the military era where they do whatever they like without the rule of law,in case you've forgotten this is DEMOCRACY, stop defending pooooo,tell your Buhari to do the right thing or start packing his load
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by midb1: 10:40am On Feb 02, 2018
you guys can wail as much as you want!!!!!

THE NORTH WILL SUPPORT BUHARI 100%

THE SOUTH WEST WILL ALSO SUPPORT BUHARI, LIKEWISE THE NON-CORRUPT ELEMENTS FROM THE SE&SS

Papa obasanjo has no moral clout to malign President Buhari. Obasanjo is no democrat !!.this is a man who wanted to perpetuate himself in office using the infamous third term bid. An old man who was sleeping with his son's wife(despicable). a man who surrendered Nigerias land (Bakassi) to another country. no no no obasanjo should just go and sleep

BUHARI MAY BE SLOW, BUT HE IS NOT CORRUPT . SO WE THAT VOTED FOR HIM BEFORE SHALL STILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN.
Buhari we can always trust, OBASANJO even his children do not trust him
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Evince(m): 10:44am On Feb 02, 2018
As if u guys didn't hear nnamdi kanu prophesy over it
Even though I didn't like the manner of his agenda but truth be told the guy is prophetic. He said

“No, they are coming to enthrone Hausa/Fulani supremacy, to reposi­tion the security agencies by sacking all competent hands and replace them with their kinsmen in order to drive their ethnic domination of the south. The Fulani herdsmen will be armed and encouraged to slaughter us with impunity and their masters will protect them.

“They are coming to ensure that my people are enslaved forever. Those who do not believe me will soon see it happen before their eyes.

“The Fulani will take over the en­tire south as a continuation of their age-long agenda to Islamize Eastern Nigeria. They will brazenly seize our land in pretence of creating grazing fields for the Fulani. Then the con­quest will be complete, we will be­come their serfs forever.”

The statement further quoted Kanu as saying before the 2015 elec­tions that: “Between Jonathan and Buhari, none is good for us. Free­dom remains our only option, Jona­than is weak and confused, Buhari is a tyrant, who will destroy the land with his parochial view point.

“His kinsmen will take over the military and the security architec­ture of the land. Christians and Easterners will become endangered species; He will use the security ap­paratus to advance the agenda of his ethnic group. My people will suffer”.

According to IPOB, Kanu had also predicted that a group dead­lier than Boko Haram would be un­leashed to the South to destabilise Eastern people and economy.

“Then a group deadlier than Boko Haram will emerge, they will seize our farmland, rape our wom­en, kill our people and their master will protect, defend and even arm them, because their sole agenda is to enslave us forever.

“Those who cannot see it now, will soon see it. The hatred in their souls for my people is legendary. They do not see us as humans. They kill, they slaughter, they burn and they destroy. Mindless bloodletting is in their DNA. My people are in trouble”, Kanu was quoted as having said then.

“We can only add that he forgot to inform the world before his un­just arrest and detention, that the DSS would falsely accuse us of kill­ing 5 Fulani who they vehemently refused to take newsmen to the graves to confirm the veracity of the claims if any”, Powerful added."

These are but few of his prophesies
If nnamdi had been a fashionable prophesy sheeples would have seen him as "my papa said" as fondly heard from lost sheeples.
This is what we call prophesy not when those pastoraneurs will be using words like "may, might" etc to prophesy. Is that one prophesy?

PS: madman episode is no more gospel but in nnamdi's case his deemed madness is prophetic.
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by IamEmem(m): 10:49am On Feb 02, 2018
usba:
Coalition of Ex thieves make unah continue work.

Ex thieves devoid of nepotism and tribalism, which is the trade mark of Buhari "Mr Integrity"
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by toniok: 10:54am On Feb 02, 2018
freeze001:

So why are soldiers of southern extraction also sent to the war front? They are fit to be on the field and in the face of danger but not at the helm of affairs?
What happens to the supposed heterogeneity of Nigeria if only Northerners are suitable because they appear to have more issues? Which people took decisions on IPOB matters then?

Meanwhile u haven't explained Prisons, Immigration, Police and Customs...

We may not need to argue endlessly. My point is that about 98% appointments in security are to the north and almost the same percentage of appointments in economy & finance are to the south. It is strategic .
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by WrathOfHadez(m): 10:57am On Feb 02, 2018
No surprises here. Bulari’s 1983 federal executive council was roughly same.
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 02, 2018
Buhari must go.
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Guyman02: 11:00am On Feb 02, 2018
Nepotism and Clannishness is a more serious problem than the acclaimed fight against corruption.
Normally in Nigeria, people from various regions join hands to steal from the govt and that is corruption, but when it is only people from one rgion that steal everything because they are the only ones heading that organization that is a worse form of corruption

Initially everyone thought that he was just punishing the Igbos for not voting for him, but now we have all see from what is going on in Taraba and Benue that this is a well thought out plan to subjugate other tribes in Nigeria by putting the security apparatus in the hands of one region and tribe

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by seunowa(f): 11:04am On Feb 02, 2018
EnEnPeecee:
The animals that are complaining buhari did this, buhari did that. Didn't we warn you guys not to allow a nepotistic and hydra headed tyrant any where near to power? ?? They call themselves intellectual yet could not use their intelligence to make sound decisions.

If una complain again na thunder go scatter that una dirty mouth. Buhari till 2039

Sorry stop crying
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by tiwiex(m): 11:04am On Feb 02, 2018
Enemyofpeace:
don't mind seun,just leave him,we are working on something, very soon him go hear am. If him like let him ban me,I go open triple accounts to replace this one
This really surprised me to say the least. I never knew there was such a feature on Naira Land until today. I was not totally shocked when i realized clicking NO ensured you will not post and you can't even go back and change your faith. lol. I thought it was just a poll. I don't want to go into commenting on that post but NL just made a huge mistake and really needs to clarify what just happened else it would be insisted by every poster if they need it and this case would be argued as precedent.
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by InvertedHammer: 11:05am On Feb 02, 2018
The US Constitution we claim to have copied was made in such a way that the three arms of government can check the excesses of one another. It is very evident in the way the courts overturned President Trump's immigration policy.

What we have in Nigeria is a nation where sycophancy has been elevated to an art. From nairaland to the general population, folks do not know their right and are more comfortable going with the most popular opinion. What is the job of the National Assembly and the Judiciary? They kept mute why Buhari moved like an elephant in a glass shop. Everyone keeps quiet until the likes of Kanu or in this case OBJ starts pointing out anomalies. Then the bandwagon effect takes over.

Wetin concern me sef?

/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by degamemaster(m): 11:07am On Feb 02, 2018
Unfortunately, there are still those who upon seeing buhari's rape against our constitution and institutions have continued to hail and asslick him as if their lives depends on him.
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by djon78(m): 11:10am On Feb 02, 2018
Hmmmm hmmmm hmmnnn I sigh again. People don't even know what they have entered into. It will only take God to deliver us.

Buhari is not your normal leader. Buhari belongs to the same school of thought as Abacha. They are very mean.

But I will use 2019 to definitely know who will win in this battle btw Obj and Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 02, 2018
Buhari is overrated!
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments by slowice(m): 11:16am On Feb 02, 2018
But they were all happy and jubilating, even the brightest amongst them said it doesn't matter. I bet they were subtly mocking the Igbos who were obviously displeased by these appointments but this is just the beginning of the fall of the south. Babu is just starting his engine...... E never begin move yet... Fear north.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo / Labour Party National Chairman Dissolves Rivers LP Excos For Anti-Party / PDP Youth Leaders Updating Atiku On How They Paid 200K To Groups For Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.