Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? (2925 Views)

Cheap Kids Clothes, Come And Buy Your Own. / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help / Women Did Not Come From Men's Ribs - Nigerian Feminist Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by BAMMZ(m): 5:29am On Feb 02, 2018
I have been so curious about this issue,nobody seem to explain it.
Also,you see people pass or sit by you and you just know what they are wearing. Isnt there a fast way of removing the scent?
Dear people,kindly share your knowledge on this.
Good morning.
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by koolaid87: 5:45am On Feb 02, 2018
wagbayi op

meself won know oo
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by Samusu(m): 5:46am On Feb 02, 2018
Ask Google
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by 12submarine(m): 5:52am On Feb 02, 2018
I think it may be the smell of the preservative, just a thought though.

2 Likes

Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by Airtimex(m): 6:00am On Feb 02, 2018
The guy above might be correct.

Aboki perfume can save you the embarrassment...

1 Like

Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by littlewonders: 6:22am On Feb 02, 2018
Airtimex:
The guy above might be correct.

Aboki perfume can save you the embarrassment...
12submarine:
I think it may be the smell of the preservative, just a thought though.

These two man feels and think they are learned but surprisingly they are.
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 02, 2018
Love the question,same as tokunbo cars....
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by waleyp(m): 6:45am On Feb 02, 2018
Yes I Was CurIOUs Too, I Think The SCeNT Is From This Particular Product Called COMFORT, you soak your clothes in it after washin dem to make dem smell nice. i use comfort too but i no come know if d ones dem de use de different o.
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by cassidy1996(m): 7:04am On Feb 02, 2018
bend down and select
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by BAMMZ(m): 7:56am On Feb 02, 2018
Someone said it is possibly from the preservative on ships...... but exactly what is that preservative?
Could it be harmful (well, I doubt but ......).
Is it put at the point of shipping or from the packing warehouse?
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by BAMMZ(m): 8:04am On Feb 02, 2018
Benz4pimp:
Love the question,same as tokunbo cars....
Exactly... even though the tokunboh cars version is more prestigious and welcoming than the clothes version grin
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by DankPineapple: 9:08am On Feb 02, 2018
Formaldehyde
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by Feranchek(m): 9:21am On Feb 02, 2018
Well in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different way and without fighting and by trying to make it clear, and by considering each and every one's opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by BAMMZ(m): 8:48pm On Feb 02, 2018
DankPineapple:
Formaldehyde
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by yvesboss(m): 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
BAMMZ:
Someone said it is possibly from the preservative on ships...... but exactly what is that preservative?
Could it be harmful (well, I doubt but ......).
Is it put at the point of shipping or from the packing warehouse?

I heard they are harmful too
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by Sterope(f): 9:10pm On Feb 02, 2018
I assume it is the change in weather. You will also notice the smell on the clothes of those who just returned to Nigeria, especially those who don't use perfume heavily.

BAMMZ:
Also,you see people pass or sit by you and you just know what they are wearing. Isnt there a fast way of removing the scent?
Good morning.
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by sulakishop(m): 4:12am On Feb 03, 2018
grin grin
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 03, 2018
Bedbug spray
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by DankPineapple: 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2018
BAMMZ:

chemical for preserving clothes
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2018
Those cloths are obtained with the guise of donation to kashmir, sudan, and oda poor countries. Rabbish. Na d preservative dey smell so dat mould no go form
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by 1Sharon(f): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2018
BAMMZ:
Good morning.

Fabric conditioner
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by BAMMZ(m): 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
1Sharon:

Fabric conditioner
Thanks. Can you further help with its composition and effects on fabrics and mans health?
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by BAMMZ(m): 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
Got a hint on how to remove the smell fast:

Always prewash your fabrics and clothing before using them.

1. Vinegar & Water mixture there's a good chance you already knew this- but this is without a doubt the most suggested option for removing pesky smells from fabrics. This is best for items you know you can hand wash like a cotton dress or bedsheet. Use 5 parts water to 1 part white vinegar in a spray bottle. If you're washing fabrics in a sink, add a few tablespoons into the water and let the fabric sit for 15 minutes. Rinse in cool water and hang outside to dry letting the sunshine and fresh air do their magic. Don't worry about walking around smelling like kimchi, the vinegar scent will quickly dissipate. As vinegar is acidic, there are some fabrics that cannot handle the intensity due to age or delicacy and will dissolve in a vinegar wash, so be sure to use with caution.
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by ladygudhead(f): 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2018
Feranchek:
Well in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different way and without fighting and by trying to make it clear, and by considering each and every one's opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by ladygudhead(f): 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
Feranchek:
Abi? nice opinion smiley. where have you been?
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by Feranchek(m): 7:55am On Feb 05, 2018
ladygudhead:
Abi? nice opinion smiley. where have you been?

Nne'm, where else would a righteous man be?? I've been around sha. Buh since na BBNaija dey reign for NL, I just dey on lowkey.
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by ladygudhead(f): 7:59am On Feb 05, 2018
Feranchek:

Nne'm, where else would a righteous man be?? I've been around sha. Buh since na BBNaija dey reign for NL, I just dey on lowkey.
Ok well done. keep the hustle tight dear. smiley
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by Feranchek(m): 8:04am On Feb 05, 2018
ladygudhead:
Ok well done. keep the hustle tight dear. smiley

Always on it gurl. ... always on it
Re: Please Where Does The Unique Scent Of Second Clothes Come From? by ladygudhead(f): 8:06am On Feb 05, 2018
Feranchek:

Always on it gurl. ... always on it
I believe yurh!

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Marriage Should Be Eradicated? / Told We Re Not Compartible After 7years Togeda, Really Confused Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.