Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

If You Can Think It, You Can Do It - Tokunbo Fasoro - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If You Can Think It, You Can Do It - Tokunbo Fasoro (847 Views)

Tiktok Most Beautiful Girl Bhadie Kelly Own The Best Cars You Can Think Of, Net / Passing Your Job Aptitude Test Is Not As Difficult As You Think It Is... / "All Fingers Are Not Equal, Must Your Own Be The Shortess" By Tokunbo Fasoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Can Think It, You Can Do It - Tokunbo Fasoro by BIEmpowerment: 11:08am On Feb 02, 2018
IF YOU CAN THINK IT

The first time I heard this slogan (If You Can Think It, You Can Do It) was on a talk show "Moments with Mo" and I just fell in love with it. That phrase my mind set at that particular time.
Growing up, I realized I had an inferiority complex. I felt everyone was better than me. It was so bad I remember a particular time that I thought Igbos were superior to the Yorubas and would always wish and tell people that I was an Igbo girl forgetting or even too young to understand that my name was a Yoruba name.
I was always bullied in school, many times, my classmates would push my bed outside to the corridor and I would not mind just because I did not think I was good enough to be their friend and I wanted acceptance from them. I thought myself as a failure and unworthy of success.

My mind was always pre occupied with negative thoughts until one day, my mom called me and told me she had been watching me and realized I did not believe in myself, what she told me that day changed my life. That is what I intend to share with you in this write up. She told me she was the prettiest, the richest and the most intelligent amongst her friends, I looked at her and I knew that was not true but you know what? That was how she carried herself. I watched her closely and after that discovered some great attributes in her. I decided to emulate those attributes and that as guided me to where I have found myself today.

First of all, I started changing my mind set and the way I think.

Here are a few tips on how it worked for me:

Believe in yourself: Ignore anything negative other people say or think about you, believe you and always remain positive.
You can be who you want to be: The power of your thought is a mighty power that can help you shape your life. Even if the idea seems strange, give it a try, you have nothing to lose but only to gain.
Always be Positive: Positive thinking is a way of life, it will make you experience pleasant and happy feelings, you will look bright and happy always. Visualize only favorable and beneficial situations, always use positive words and ignore negative thoughts. Adopt the attitude of positive thinking, focus on the bright side of life and expect positive results.
Power of positive association: Positive or negative thinking are contagious, we affect and are affected by the people we meet through words, thoughts, feelings and body language. People are more disposed to help us if we are positive.
Never give up be persistent: Keep pushing and be positive no matter how long. It takes it will happen. Keep looking only at the beneficial good and happy thoughts of the expected results.
Keep positive mentors, learn from them.
Prayer: Be hopeful, have faith and pray.

YOU CAN DO IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEqV4FKLYig

Re: If You Can Think It, You Can Do It - Tokunbo Fasoro by internationalman(m): 11:17am On Feb 02, 2018
if I think I can lash Kim Kardashian can I also do it?
making mouth bcoz it worked for u.

(1) (Reply)

Professions That Will Prevail In The Next 20 Years. / 10 Pictures Showing Nigerian Police Is The Best In The World. / On Becoming Your Own CEO.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.