Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out (2145 Views)

More Teaching Hospitals Risk Shutdown Over Exodus Of Medical Professionals / I'm Losing my eye Vision .. Eye Medical Professionals Help! / Hilarious Memes Medical Professionals Can Relate To (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by YOLO1(m): 11:37am On Feb 02, 2018
Please help this my colleague / roommate out. He had unprotected sex with his girlfriend. Weeks later he noticed pains in his urethra while peeing and also discharge from his penis while excreting. He decided to go on self-medication by taking ampliclox beecham but there was no improvement. He went ahead to take ciprotab and doxycycline together. He completed the dosage but still no improvement. Then I adviced him to go for medical test at a lab on our street. Then, they did urethra swab and urine test for him. The result of the test is attached here. It was discovered he has staphylococcus. Please what effective drug can he take to cure the infection. And please, hope this is not communicable because we share the same bed.

Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by MetroBaba1(m): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2018
You Or Your Friendly?

My Advice:

Kindly Take That Result To A 'Professional' (Doctor).
Stop Self Medication.

1 Like

Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2018
YOLO1:
Please help this my colleague / roommate out. He had unprotected sex with his girlfriend. Weeks later he noticed pains in his urethra while peeing and also discharge from his penis while excreting. He decided to go on self-medication by taking ampliclox beecham but there was no improvement. He went ahead to take ciprotab and doxycycline together. He completed the dosage but still no improvement. Then I adviced him to go for medical test at a lab on our street. Then, they did urethra swab and urine test for him. The result of the test is attached here. It was discovered he has staphylococcus. Please what effective drug can he take to cure the infection. And please, hope this is not communicable because we share the same bed.
Dear Yolo1,
First stop self medication which is not advisable.
In addition, you had better act fast otherwise you or your friend might regret not acting fast. it is a contagious Sexually transmitted disease which can be contracted by an infected bucket, towel, bed-sheet and toilet. Staph bacteria are transmitted by person-to-person contact, but viable staph on surfaces of clothing, sinks, and other objects can contact skin and cause infections. As long as a person has an active infection, the organisms are contagious.
More so, you friend should refrain from having unprotected sex to avoid spreading it.
Finally am guessing it is staphylococcus Aureus, based on the result shown above.
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by babyt66: 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2018
Watsapp me on 08032493281 for remedy

Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by sartorius(m): 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2018
I don't trust that result. It most likely a lab contamination
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by nelszx: 8:11pm On Feb 02, 2018
Repeat this test
The result looks like quack results, probably you patronised a quack.
That's not how urethral swab are reported

YOLO1:
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 02, 2018
@yolo1 When ppl cut corners, they end up spending more than they would have done, if they did the proper thing

1 Like

Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by sisisioge: 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2018
The drugs listed as sensitivity drugs are good to be used. However, I will suggest he takes the result to the hospital so a doctor can prescribe which combo is good for him. Never ever self medicate again, especially not antibiotics. You could leave yourself more vulnerable than you started with. Good luck.
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by YOLO1(m): 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2018
pcjuvy:

Dear Yolo1,
First stop self medication which is not advisable.
In addition, you had better act fast otherwise you or your friend might regret not acting fast. it is a contagious Sexually transmitted disease which can be contracted by an infected bucket, towel, bed-sheet and toilet. Staph bacteria are transmitted by person-to-person contact, but viable staph on surfaces of clothing, sinks, and other objects can contact skin and cause infections. As long as a person has an active infection, the organisms are contagious.
More so, you friend should refrain from having unprotected sex to avoid spreading it.
Finally am guessing it is staphylococcus Aureus, based on the result shown above.
Thanks so much. I have stylishly left the room for him. But how long will I have to live outside our apartment. It's really giving me worries.
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by YOLO1(m): 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2018
sartorius:
I don't trust that result. It most likely a lab contamination
nelszx:
Repeat this test
The result looks like quack results, probably you patronised a quack.
That's not how urethral swab are reported

Why did you say that?
Have advised him to go to general hospital on Monday.
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by Eldorado14: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2018
Well, looking at the result you can see that probably a sensitivity test was also carried out, those drugs listed on the "sensitive to" will work for the infection. Then those drugs listed on "resistant to" are very much resistant to the infection, that is why the ampiclox beecham he took didnt work on him.
You also said he took ciprotab and it didn't work, this could be as a result of AMR(antimicrobial resistance). So, I advise you to take the result to a doctor so that he will prescribe the correct dose for those drugs listed on "sensitive to" for your friend
Goodluck!
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by nelszx: 9:40am On Feb 04, 2018
YOLO1:

Why did you say that?
Have advised him to go to general hospital on Monday.
The way the result was written speaks of a quack.
Urethral swab results isn't written as that there are standard ways of writing results.
And no good laboratory writes "Staph" One thing is certain in writing results and it must obey binomial nomenclature.
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by MrBottle: 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
Staph what? Or just that ? Never heard of staph except in motor parks and radio stations.
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by YOLO1(m): 11:58am On Feb 05, 2018
Update!!
My friend just came back from the hospital now. He was told to repeat the urine test and urethra swab again. And also add blood test. The doctor prescribed Augmentin, Ibuprofen and vitamin c for him despite showing him the result of the first tests where resistant to Augmentin was written. He was told to come back next week Monday with the new lab results.
My question now is
1. Should he go ahead with the Augmentin as prescribed.
2. Won't it cause his body to develop resistance to other drugs because he has taken quite a lot of antibiotics
3. What can I use to disinfect the house. We share the same bed and use the same toilet. Don't want it to look as if am avoiding him but also I have to protect myself.

Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by Eldorado14: 1:45pm On Feb 05, 2018
YOLO1:
Update!!
My friend just came back from the hospital now. He was told to repeat the urine test and urethra swab again. And also add blood test. The doctor prescribed Augmentin, Ibuprofen and vitamin c for him despite showing him the result of the first tests where resistant to Augmentin was written. He was told to come back next week Monday with the new lab results.
My question now is
2. Won't it cause his body to develop resistance to other drugs because he has taken quite a lot of antibiotics
3. What can I use to disinfect the house. We share the same bed and use the same toilet. Don't want it to look as if am avoiding him but also I have to protect myself.

This is one of the problems I have with this so called doctors. On what basis should he prescribe antibiotics without a proper lab test with AMR everywhere and staring right into our faces? The test above is it not enough?( well, except it is a fake one as some people claim)
Augmentine(amoxiclav) and ampiclox are the same antibiotics from the same class. Since he has taken ampiclox and it didnt work,taking Augmentin is a waste of time. Besides there could be cross resistance too.
With my knowledge of drugs, to me I would say let he take the lab test again,this time around from a professional and let see what it has to say

1 Like

Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2018
I will say we wait for the lab test first before anything.
YOLO1:
Update!!
My question now is
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by YOLO1(m): 10:18am On Feb 08, 2018
Hello. Thanks for the advice so far. The test results are out and I will upload it here. Please, what should he do next?

Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by YOLO1(m): 10:24am On Feb 08, 2018
@ pcjuvy, sartorius, nelszx, sisioge, Eldorado14. Please check out his new results from national hospital
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by nelszx: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2018
YOLO1:
@ pcjuvy, sartorius, nelszx, sisioge, Eldorado14. Please check out his new results from national hospital
My brother he's as fit as a fiddle
The results are all okay
With what you displayed there's absolutely nothing to worry about.
The urethral swab isn't on display, he didn't repeat that too?
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by ogunniyi2: 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2018
Please

Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 09, 2018
Do nothing but be more preventi
YOLO1:
Hello. Thanks for the advice so far. The test results are out and I will upload it here. Please, what should he do next?
if the above is the lab test, I still say nothing to fear.
Re: Doctors And Medical Professionals In The House, Please Help My Friend Out by doctokwus: 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
Just saw your update from National hospital Abuja.
I wonder how a Dr prescribes antibiotics b4 or yet sends same patient for lab MCS.
Strange and unhealthy practice.
If he is now healthy,antibiotics he took might have done their work.If not he should be sent for urethral swab MCS,in a proper lab.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Get Rid Of A Stubborn Anal Fissure? / Help!!! Pains Under My Penis / Penis Massage For Men, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.