Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? (1415 Views)

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / The Beginning Of The End For Facebook. / Why Is My Laptop So Slow? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by webfx(m): 10:51am On Apr 18, 2010
Whats up with starcomms?! since friday 16th april the service has been horrid! the link connects but browsing is so slow or it dosent browse at all! IS THIS THE END OF A GREAT ROMANCE WITH STARCOMMS??
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2010
yeah right, i use starcomms, and the connection times out every now and then, even to chat sef na wahala, upload site wahala
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by lagoshost(m): 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2010
Where do we go from here? Multilinks is bad , starcomms is bad, mtn is bad, zain is bad, glo no way. Everyone one them as one problem or the other.

Who will save our Nation?
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by webfx(m): 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2010
NA WA O! In fairness to them they've been outstanding! never really down (just occasionally) and the outage usually doesnt last for mor than an hour. I hope they havent actually joined the bandwagon "Mass Marketing and No Service delivery" cause i cant just imagine who to try next!
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by qst: 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2010
You guys are right however, from many of my clients' experiences in the hands of MTN, Zain so called 3G fast internet (which they acquired without consulting me). I recommended and got them Starcomms which they have been using with little complaint. I think it depends on (1) on their server administration (especially the RADIUS servers) when trying to see that some bad eggs are not perpetrating fraud, (2) server upgrades to accomodate more subscribers (and I must be sincere, deploying new network servers can turn problematic at times), and (4-last but not the least) their uplink internet providers (I mean the saterlite uplink) which can (though rarely) develop issues.
All in all, I still find starcomms the better as I could comfortably use it on my wired and wireless networks. I strongly believe a word or two dropped at their website could let them know that while we understand their efforts, these hitches are there.
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by jjjkkkooo: 6:58pm On Apr 18, 2010
i think multilinks is quite stable now, though they were eratic some noths ago. i ve been using it for the past one month. Hope they will keep it stable.
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by webfx(m): 8:08am On Apr 19, 2010
HURAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY, MY BELOVED STARCOMMS IS BACK AND KICKING! Phew!!! that was a close one already worrying bout being forced to buy one of those horrid modems that crap your time and gobble ur dough!
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by webgenius(m): 10:40am On Apr 25, 2010
I hope we are talking about EVDO not 1X?
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by webfx(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2010
@webgenius, the truth is ur EVDO coverage is really quite poor, i actually have both a izap evdo device and a 1x device and ive noticed the speed is almost the same, when i checked there coverage on there flyers apparantely there was no izap coverage in my area and there selling the device in that area! Any way i the plan i subscribe to is the same cost for izap & evdo so am not really mad yet, cause even the ix speed allows me to download all my heart desire!
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by webgenius(m): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2010
Webfx,You need to have a large heart. 1X and EVDO are incomparable. EVDO is miles faster and better, though more expensive. If you have to download large files, then you will appreciate the difference. You may want to check if other networks with broadband have coverage in your area eg Zoom (ZOOMBLAST), which IMO is the best at the moment.
I think 1X should be banned in Nigeria, absolute waste of good money. Broadband for ever!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by DoubleN(m): 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2010
I thought it was just peculiar to me.My browsing experience yesterday was totally horrid,had to abandon my PC. angry
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by leuelliot(m): 2:54am On Apr 26, 2010
same here i could no even open 3 Nland pages at the same time. i jus VEX go play my xbox. as i post iam using my beloved opera min smiley
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by amakaboy: 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2012
YES its a fact , starcomms really sucks , i mean really sucks from slow browsing to no browsing at all, all this Indian owned companies are cheating everybody , U c DANA ,STARCOMMS ETC ETC.Its time Najja throws out non performing Expat companies.

Really what can we do this Indian companies lebanese chinese etc take us for fools , slow browsing wtf.......................
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by Ebenezerk2: 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2012
go for etisalat
lagoshost: Where do we go from here? Multilinks is bad , starcomms is bad, mtn is bad, zain is bad, glo no way. Everyone one them as one problem or the other.

Who will save our Nation?
Re: Slow Browsing: End For Starcomms? by obraye: 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2012
Its unfortunate that Starcomms is like this.In Port Harcourt, Starcomms network is frustrating and disappointing.They use to be the best but now they are the worst.

(1) (Reply)

VSAT and iDirect 3000 Series Modem for Sale / Use Blackberry Device As Modem / 70 Most Useful Websites On The Internet By Johnny Webber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.