Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

... - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (29495 Views)

Dwarf hybrid pawpaw Seed & Seedling Is Available. / Buy Your Dwarf Seedling Orange,lemon,mango,cashew, Pawpaw,ogbono,palm,bittercola / My Cucumber Trial In Uyo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Zing85: 10:58am On May 28, 2019
good morning please can I get the contact of the Malaysia f1 seed seller, I'm in ondo state but can pick it in ibadan
Re: ... by manya(m): 5:35am On May 29, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

With borehole, you should be in green cash under 6 months
Thank you. I already have my borehole.
However, the i only have about 200 plant from the 500 seeds i planted. I didn't appreciate the percentage germination.
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 29, 2019
manya:

Thank you. I already have my borehole.
However, the i only have about 200 plant from the 500 seeds i planted. I didn't appreciate the percentage germination.
Pawpaw seeds hardly come out of dormancy. There are procedures I learnt can enhance this.
1. Use warm water of about 55c and soak for some hours before planting.

Which of the variety germinated better? Ews or Malaysian 1 foot?
Re: ... by KingOpe: 12:22pm On May 29, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Yeah, lol. The farms i am having are not really commercial size for now. My plans for commercial level farms from 10 hectares more will be later in the year/next year.
The ones i am nursing now will be like the parent stocks for the main farm. I know an Israeli in Kaduna who has a 60 hectare moringa farm. Maybe if he allows, you could learn a lot from him on the farm. He does organic farming and exports his organic oil internationally.
His moringa seeds are sold at N6000 per kg as against the general N1000-N2000 per kg. I wonder who buys from him.

Hello @emmachile, i searched for moringa on nairaland and you came up. Please can you help me with how to get the N6,0000/kg seed. It's F1 or F2 Momax 3. I have checked my pocket well and Moringa India's own is very expensive for me.
Re: ... by manya(m): 9:53pm On May 29, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Pawpaw seeds hardly come out of dormancy. There are procedures I learnt can enhance this.
1. Use warm water of about 55c and soak for some hours before planting.

Which of the variety germinated better? Ews or Malaysian 1 foot?
The Red royale from east west germinated better.
I will try your method since i have some malaysian seed left.
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 29, 2019
KingOpe:

Hello @emmachile, i searched for moringa on nairaland and you came up. Please can you help me with how to get the N6,0000/kg seed. It's F1 or F2 Momax 3. I have checked my pocket well and Moringa India's own is very expensive for me.
How many seeds do you really need? The N6000 per kg seed may not be solely momax3 as he grows many different varieties on his farm.
Most times, these seed prices are for processing to oil and not planting. They hardly grow as its stored overtime. If you want this man's number, I can give you so that he will explain to you.
Re: ... by es144000: 3:57am On May 30, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

How many seeds do you really need? The N6000 per kg seed may not be solely momax3 as he grows many different varieties on his farm.
Most times, these seed prices are for processing to oil and not planting. They hardly grow as its stored overtime. If you want this man's number, I can give you so that he will explain to you.
I need his number please
Re: ... by KingOpe: 5:18pm On May 30, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

I need enough for 1 hectare (1,600 seeds) so I think i should try the N6,000/kg seeds.

How is your momax3 growing?
Re: ... by manya(m): 8:18am On Jun 12, 2019
Transplanting was done successfully

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2019
manya:
Transplanting was done successfully
Great boost to anyone out there still awaiting ways of getting money.
Mr manya, kudos. Did you plant the Malaysian 1 foot?

1 Like

Re: ... by manya(m): 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Great boost to anyone out there still awaiting ways of getting money.
Mr manya, kudos. Did you plant the Malaysian 1 foot?
Yes, I planted some.

1 Like

Re: ... by pheonixdld2(m): 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2019
Very impressive.
Re: ... by watino: 12:25am On Jul 01, 2019
Please Mr Manya, kindly update this thread as I am very much interested to start mine using your guide.
How many plots of land contains the 500 seeds?
Re: ... by manya(m): 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
watino:
Please Mr Manya, kindly update this thread as I am very much interested to start mine using your guide.
How many plots of land contains the 500 seeds?
I will soon update you with pictures. But i only got 200 plants from the 500 seeds. %germination was low.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
manya:

I will soon update you with pictures. But i only got 200 plants from the 500 seeds. %germination was low.
Next time, use warm water and soak for 24 hours before planting in nursery.

1 Like

Re: ... by manya(m): 2:31am On Jul 07, 2019
This is how they look today. Some have tiny flowers already at 1 month after transplanting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 07, 2019
manya:
This is how they look today. Some have tiny flowers already at 1 month after transplanting.
Amazing

1 Like

Re: ... by merrypakman: 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
manya:

Nice one! how many plots of land did you plant the 200 seedlings?
Re: ... by manya(m): 7:09am On Jul 13, 2019
merrypakman:

Nice one! how many plots of land did you plant the 200 seedlings?
I can't actually tell the number of plot as my land is of three portions. However, i used spacing of 2.5meters between plants and 2meters interval between ridges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by merrypakman: 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2019
manya:

I can't actually tell the number of plot as my land is of three portions. However, i used spacing of 2.5meters between plants and 2meters interval between ridges.

OK. Thanks
Re: ... by manya(m): 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2019
Papaya fruiting

2 Likes

Re: ... by akorcy(m): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2019
Wow......

Kudos
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
manya:
Papaya fruiting
Did you apply fertilizer?
Re: ... by n9jaboy: 7:19am On Aug 10, 2019
manya:
Papaya fruiting
Please what specie is this..Vega or Malaysian foot 1?
Re: ... by manya(m): 7:37am On Aug 18, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Did you apply fertilizer?
Yes
Re: ... by manya(m): 7:38am On Aug 18, 2019
n9jaboy:

Please what specie is this..Vega or Malaysian foot 1?
Red royal
Re: ... by azikiweironsi(m): 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
@Emmaachile & Manya
Please let's see your updates on your Papaya project. I'm following you guys bumper to bumper.
God Bless you all has you're embarking on this great journey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 05, 2019
azikiweironsi:
@Emmaachile & Manya
Please let's see your updates on your Papaya project. I'm following you guys bumper to bumper.
I am doing moringa and not papaya.
Re: ... by manya(m): 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
azikiweironsi:
@Emmaachile & Manya
My red royale papaya are doing great. I'll send pictures tomorrow.
Re: ... by watino: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2019
Please update us with pictures

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Tomatoes Are Always Expensive From May Till July And The Glut In August / Badagry Farmers Dance While Hanging On Bamboo Stick (Photos, Video) / What Is Nigeria's Biggest Agricultural Export Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.