Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

How To Pass Your University Exam In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Pass Your University Exam In Nigeria (865 Views)

Ayra Starr Lyrics Used In A Kenyan University's Exam / 'Bala-Blu, Blu-Blu' Spotted In Nasarawa State University Exam Question / Hilarious SRM University's Exam Instruction In India (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Pass Your University Exam In Nigeria by h20water(m): 11:44pm On Feb 02, 2018
We all know that examination is not the true test of knowledge. This is a known fact because there are many factors that come in to play during examination period. A brilliant student may fall sick and end up not performing to the best of his or her ability. A dull student can cheat and make all his papers. The lecturer may decide to be funny and give students what he did not teach them, hoping that they will fail (yea...it happens a lot). Some students also travel all the way from their village with one monitoring spirit or the other, following them up and down. With the above reasons and many more like that, you will agree with me that examination may not really be the true test of knowledge.

Nevertheless, 80% of failures in examinations are as a result of carelessness and negligence on the part of the students. Some student choose to fail without knowing it, some do know but simply did not care and at the end, they all point accusing fingers either at the lecturer or in most case scenario...DEVIL.

Well, today, i am going to give you ways and tricks on how to pass your exams with minimal stress. Nothing good comes easy, likewise what am about to teach you but hey...it is simple. so, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Study your lecturer

This is what most students do not know. They thought that exams start at the end of each semester but they thought WRONG. The hard truth is that exams begins with the first day your lecturer entered the class. He is a human being like you which means that he is predictable. You have to make out to study him or her. His/her personality. What type of question will he likely set? How does he want me to answer them? Does he like it simple or lengthy? Knowing your enemy is winning half of the battle and brilliant (not intelligent) students know this. To make it simpler for you, most if not all the lecturers give themselves away in class by telling you SPECIFICALLY what they want. Some even went as far as telling you the examination questions unconsciously and you just sit there and gaze at them

Now that you know this secret, wake up, start writing and if you do not attend class...i believe you know what to do

How good is your assessment

Many students neglect the power of 1 or 2 marks. They always develop cold feet when it comes to doing assignments, class test, projects and the rest of them. How do you expect to cook a nice, decent meal without spices? It doesn't make sense right? Well, that's what you have been doing with your grades. That is why you can write heaven and earth on the examination day and still end up with a B or C.

If you want to make that A you so much desire, then know it is the time to gather your SPICES

How good and loyal is your friend

A lot depends on your friend(s) if you really want to excel in the forth coming exam. There is a this quote that says "if you want to go fast, go alone. if you want to go far, go with friends." one tree cannot make a forest. You can't be everywhere at every given time. A lot of things can make you to miss class, test and other stuffs which can in the long run, affect your grade. If you don't have someone to let you know when there is a new material, or let you know when an impromptu test is going on or when a lecturer just entered the class...then you are missing a lot. Go out there and make friends that will take you to that destination.

This depends on the quality of your friends. I believe you will be prudent in choosing them (target people with the same goal).

Be prepared

i don't need to dwell on this. of course you know that if you do not read, you CAN'T pass. You cannot give what you don't have.

Read to understand the questions asked

During the examination, do not answer any question until you understand fully what you are expected to do. Were you asked to discuss or state? make sure you understood the question before you start answering because you may end up with a beautiful WRONG answer.

believe in yourself, you can do it.

if you carefully follow this guidelines...i am positive that your academic life will never remain the same.[i][/i]

(1) (Reply)

Auchi Polytechnic Student Carves Oba Of Benin's Face On A Tree (pic) / New Possible Question From All Chapter In The Jamb Novel In Dependence By Sarah / Who Has Re-print His/her Jamb Slipt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.