Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Unilag Admission 2018/2019 - Education (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Admission 2018/2019 (159446 Views)

Unilag Admission 2019/2020 / UNILAG Admission Cut-off Marks 2017/2018 Is Out / WASSCE For Private Candidates 2018/2019 Form, Price, Deadline Out- 1st Set (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by labodinho: 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
Y'all can now register your courses online
After successfully registered you will be assigned a matric number and hall of residence.
(note-not bed space but hall of residence)
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by labodinho: 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
DrOptimistic:
Hi. Please what criteria do Unilag use for admission and how is their aggregate score calculated?

O level of one sitting and the rest is on page 17 of the thread on how to calculate the aggregate
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by labodinho: 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
EmpressJessica:

Jamb. The acknowledgement slip was from Jamb

Olryt
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by fboonmy: 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2018
labodinho:
Y'all can now register your courses online
After successfully registered you will be assigned a matric number and hall of residence.
(note-not bed space but hall of residence)
Hi Labodinho, hope you're good?
I've registered my courses and generated matric number but no HOR.
Modified:
I just saw on the facebook group that it's the same for all CMUL and Pharmarcy students. Why is our own always different? First, we couldn't upload our documents, now no HOR. I tire for Unilag oo.
Has it always been like this?
Rasaquadri, bbalogun59, hormorlolah, triggaSG
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by DrOptimistic: 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
labodinho:

O level of one sitting and the rest is on page 17 of the thread on how to calculate the aggregate
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by labodinho: 3:48am On Nov 07, 2018
fboonmy:

Modified:
I just saw on the facebook group that it's the same for all CMUL and Pharmarcy students. Why is our own always different? First, we couldn't upload our documents, now no HOR. I tire for Unilag oo.

Sister fash,
U r temporarily going to be in akoka that's why u don't have hall of residence...hall of residence is for those staying in akoka thru out there year of study. Ure for idi araba not akoka.u would get bed space though when u ballot but in. Any hall but those that have hall of residence would get bed space in their assigned hall of residence

Clear
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by Mistrrmann: 4:33am On Nov 07, 2018
Tips On How To Pass 2019 JAMB Examination Successfully...

This post was published, to help JAMB Aspirants who want to write 2019 JAMB.

Many students prepared passionately for 2018 Jamb examination. However, some didn’t make it.

Well, not because they weren’t prepared, but they didn’t get useful information that will guide them.

Some of the questions raised by the students are as follows:

how can i score above 300 in jamb?
how can i study for jamb?
What is jamb secret to scoring above 280 in JAMB

To ensure that these questions do not remain unanswered, the Oracle has decided to put together this post to help you.

Life is all about second chances

Since you didn’t make your Jamb 2018, (or if you’re just writing for the first time)it is better you start preparing for 2019 Jamb now.

Early birds get the healthier worm

So, keep reading and get all the details that will help you prepare for the 2019 JAMB examination.

But before you continue reading the steps, Remember: This article is for those searching for how to pass jamb successfully, how to score above 300 in jamb, how to study for jamb, and how to pass jamb without cheating.

The 2018 JAMB registration started on the 6th of December 2017 and the CBT held 9th March, 2018. I know you are anxious to know when JAMB 2019 examination registration form will be out. It will definitely be out around November 2018 (this month). The Oracle will update you once the sales begins.

Furthermore, you must know that preparation is the only way to pass jamb this way. So, we will be updating you from time to time on how to prepare for Jamb 2019 examination.

Below is a complete guide on how to pass Jamb 2019 examination. This guide is a standard solution and if you follow it keenly, you will definitely pass your examination with flying colours.

Study Past Questions

This is an area most jamb candidates make the first mistake.I have heard many say that JAMB Will not use past question to set Exam this year. Some are also saying that its useless to use JAMB Past question to study for or prepare for Exam.

To cut it short, these are all lies. Why? Jamb started setting questions since almost 20 years ago and since then, they have set all the question there is to set for a particular subject or course.As a matter of fact, jamb always repeat questions and you will definitely perform well if you study their past questions. Don’t buy into the rumor that jamb doesn’t set past question any longer. This is far from the truth, it is a tradition that they can’t change.

How To Study Prior To Jamb Exam And Score High

This section will give you a hint on how you should study those subjects you chose (your subject combination)
They are so many ways one can prepare for Jamb but we will only talk about three of those methods, then you can make your choice of the most effective one for you.

1.STUDY BEFORE JAMB PAST QUESTION
This is one of the most effective ways to prepare for jamb which requires you to carefully study all the required topics featured in all the subject combinations for your desired course before making use of any past question.
This way, you’re able to completely have a knowledge in all the required topics and the main point that was discussed on the topics before moving over to using past questions.

2.USING PAST QUESTIONS ONLY
This method of Jamb preparation is also very effective for some set of people and has helped a lot of them to score high in Jamb as it involves Preparing and Studying Jamb Past Questions or Jamb CBT enabled Application or software.
This way, you’re able to master the method in which Jamb sets their questions and also master the answers to each of those questions, which will help you score high, especially when those questions are repeated during the main Jamb Examination.

3. JAMB PAST QUESTION PLUS STUDY METHOD
This is another point that covers both study methods discussed above, where you prepare for Jamb with both Past question and Study the required subjects simultaneously.
This is the most effective method to prepare and score high in JAMB though this method may not work for everybody but it surely does for a lot of people.

Now that we have shown you how to study prior to jamb exam and score high, let’s continue with the guide on how to pass JAMB.

Don’t Skip Any Topic
Unlike WAEC, JAMB doesn’t give candidates the option of selecting questions. If you didn’t know before, please note that you will be required to answer all questions.

I am sure you understand how it feels to see the topic you deliberately skipped as one of the questions. shocked embarassed

So, don’t repeat the mistake you made in 2018 UTME. This is an opportunity to correct them.

Ensure that you utilize your syllabus.

Test Yourself
This is another helpful technique that will prepare you for JAMB 2019 examination. After covering most part of the syllabus, try and test yourself with one of the past questions. With this, you will be able to ascertain your level of preparedness.

Get good Study Materials
Study with text books that are very simple and easy to understand. Some text books are very easy to read and understand. Go for these textbooks and avoid reading complex materials that are uninteresting and boring.

Meet Intelligent People
This is another good way to prepare for JAMB 2019 examination. It is advisable to meet intelligent jamb candidates. You can discuss with them, share ideas and brainstorm on difficult topics. This will go a long way to help you prepare for the examination.

Prepare Personal Timetable
You need to prepare your personal timetable for reading. However, it is not just about preparing the timetable, rather you have to read according to the time table. Be smart with your time and ensure that you adhere strictly to the schedules of your personal timetable.

And this is all you need to know about JAMB 2019 examination for now and how to prepare for it.

Dont forgot to pray for God’s guidance

If you successfully apply these methods effectively, I assure you of a very high Jamb score next year.

Please share this post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to show that you want others to get the information and to pass.

If you have any question regarding Jamb 2019 examination and preparation guide, you can see more on our blog here https://thestudentoracleonline. or send it to our Facebook page here https://free.facebook.com/Shared-360-1984363441778800/

The Oracle has spoken

#TSO #sh360

Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by MickieSmart(m): 5:54am On Nov 07, 2018
is unilag school fees sessional or per sememster
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by fboonmy: 7:16am On Nov 07, 2018
labodinho:

Sister fash,
U r temporarily going to be in akoka that's why u don't have hall of residence...hall of residence is for those staying in akoka thru out there year of study. Ure for idi araba not akoka.u would get bed space though when u ballot but in. Any hall but those that have hall of residence would get bed space in their assigned hall of residence

Clear
Lol @ sister Fash, warrisdat?

Clear, but I must get a bed space oo, in a good hostel at that.
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by bbalogun59: 9:17am On Nov 07, 2018
fboonmy:

Modified:
fboonmy I was given Hall of residence o. I don't know if it's like that for All CMUL students
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by bbalogun59: 9:19am On Nov 07, 2018
fboonmy:

Modified:
I think after you do your drug test that they'll give you HOR but I'm not sure
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by fboonmy: 9:20am On Nov 07, 2018
bbalogun59:
fboonmy I was given Hall of residence o. I don't know if it's like that for All CMUL students
You were? Which hall? I've done the drug test but not the main medicals.
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by agboolhar7(m): 10:30am On Nov 07, 2018
fboonmy:

Hey!!!
I want to go for the drug test tomorrow, did they ask for anything
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by fboonmy: 10:40am On Nov 07, 2018
agboolhar7:

Hey!!!
I want to go for the drug test tomorrow, did they ask for anything
Nothing, well except your urine (so, make sure you don't urinate before leaving home, lol) and registration number. You will be given five forms, you'll fill two (toxicology and urinalysis) for the drug test, while the remaining three would be for your medicals.
Also, make sure you get there very early, say 6:30 a.m or 7 a.m, so you can be among the first set that would be attended to.
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by bbalogun59: 11:18am On Nov 07, 2018
fboonmy:

Mariere Hall. On your student portal click view academic profile
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by bbalogun59: 11:19am On Nov 07, 2018
fboonmy:

ive not done my medicals as well
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by fboonmy: 11:21am On Nov 07, 2018
bbalogun59:
Mariere Hall. On your student portal click view academic profile
Ok, I was told MLS students haven't been assigned HOR. I'll keep checking.
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by agboolhar7(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2018
fboonmy:

Nothing, well except your urine (so, make sure you don't urinate before leaving home, lol) and registration number. You will be given five forms, you'll fill two (toxicology and urinalysis) for the drug test, while the remaining three would be for your medicals.
Also, make sure you get there very early, say 6:30 a.m or 7 a.m, so you can be among the first set that would be attended to.

Soo am not paying any fee or showing any document Also can i do it before i pay school fees or after
Thanks
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by fboonmy: 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2018
agboolhar7:

Soo am not paying any fee or showing any document Also can i do it before i pay school fees or after
Thanks
No. You can do it before paying.
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by agboolhar7(m): 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2018
fboonmy:
No. You can do it before paying.

Alright thanks soo much....
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by Onibudos: 2:22pm On Nov 07, 2018
Please what is the update on supplementary list? If you have any information regarding the supplementary or batch B admission kindly update me. Thank you in anticipation for your response
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by MickieSmart(m): 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2018
who has paid fees yet? please how much is unilag school fees and accomodation?
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by Twizzy30(m): 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2018
MickieSmart:
is unilag school fees sessional or per sememster
per session
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by Twizzy30(m): 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2018
MickieSmart:
who has paid fees yet? please how much is unilag school fees and accomodation?
you generate your pay advice to see the amount you will be paying. As for accommodation, it varies base on the hostels. Sodeinde is 60k, while others are 25k.
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by Abiolabalogun(m): 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2018
Pls when is the deadline for school fee payment
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by labodinho: 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2018
fboonmy:

Lol @ sister Fash, warrisdat?

Clear, but I must get a bed space oo, in a good hostel at that.

U know what it is wink

Well,some said they got hor so keep ur student profile.
But u will sha get bed space surely when it's for balloting if lucky cos not everyone will get bed space.
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by damilolaliexabe: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2018
Please has anyone gone to the course adviser for accounting or you guys are doing it yourself
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by damilolaliexabe: 6:15pm On Nov 07, 2018
But it's unilag staff school that's the venue for the drug test
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by fboonmy: 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2018
labodinho:

U know what it is wink

Well,some said they got hor so keep ur student profile.
But u will sha get bed space surely when it's for balloting if lucky cos not everyone will get bed space.
Yea, I've spoken with some MBBS students and they were assigned HOR, although no MLS student was.
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by labodinho: 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2018
fboonmy:

Yea, I've spoken with some MBBS students and they were assigned HOR, although no MLS student was.

Olryt
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by hormorlorlah(f): 11:04am On Nov 08, 2018
Good morning peeps, u guys that are having issues with HOR, i guess u just need to be patient because unilag portal is always having one issh or the other. Again, freshers would be balloting in Dec according to the arrangement made by the school management.

Final year : 19/10/18 - 22/10/18
Year 3 and 2 : following week
lastly freshers : the 3rd week, which wud fall in early Dec.
The arrangement can change anyways.
Re: Unilag Admission 2018/2019 by writerinthedark(m): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2018
Please are they done would direct entry admission for this year? Because I'm yet to see any change on my CAPS yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (90) (Reply)

UI 2019/2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread / Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 / FG Reaction On ASUP Strike In Polytechnics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.