Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) (128415 Views)

Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread / Anyone Staying Serbia Or Have Done Their Visa Process. / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by GermanyChaser: 11:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
Emmanuelosa:

Like incomplete or inaccurate document,...missing of appointment date,..e.t.c,... You should understand what I mean.

I understand bro.. I'm a bit confused about the residence permit thingy. Can you elaborate on it?

Thanks for your Swift response
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by GermanyChaser: 11:20pm On Jul 01, 2020
Emmanuelosa:

I successfully deferred mine to the next year,..but I would not give you a guaranteed certainty,... because factors might affect the situation,...

Bro what's the name of the School you are currently studying in?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 9:25am On Jul 02, 2020
GermanyChaser:

Bro what's the name of the School you are currently studying in?
Fhoo University of applied science upper Austria
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 9:26am On Jul 02, 2020
GermanyChaser:

I understand bro.. I'm a bit confused about the residence permit thingy. Can you elaborate on it?

Thanks for your Swift response
I've actually given a detailed explanation on the thread before..try checking my previous messages.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by GermanyChaser: 2:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
dayohoo:
You don't need legalized certificate for resident permit.

Below is the document sent by the embassy on requirement for resident permit

What about the verification process I mean the one that involves a lawyer? Are you gonna do that?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by GermanyChaser: 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
Emmanuelosa:

I've actually given a detailed explanation on the thread before..try checking my previous messages.

Bro thanks man.. I will keep in touch
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
Emmanuelosa:

You can decide to look for admission before legalizing or do it the other way round,... Both ways work,..

So firstly gather all documents that is required by the school then also gather all the documents that is required by the embassy;
- birth certificate,
- declaration of age,
- letter/Affidavit of sponsorship (if you're being sponsored),
- police character certificate,
- state of origin certificate,
- primary/secondary school certificate,
- testimonials,
- transcript,
- all school cert.

Firstly take all your educational documents to the ministry of education, (WAEC, transcript, primary school cert. All school certificates,.. Then at the entrance of the ministry of education purchase a waec scratch card,.. Take everything to the eight floor of the building....(to cut the description short, you can ask around for help on what to do),... P.S Remember to request for an eligibility letter(its not always necessary)

Proceeding to the next step which is taking all your educational documents that you have previously authenticated at the min. Of edu. And all the remaining required documents, to the min. Of foreign affairs,... Then authenticate Them also,..

After authentication, take all those documents to the embassy,.. Before then, you must have previously downloaded their verification form(Questionnaire) online, then fill it and take it with you to the embassy. P.S: you'd book an appointment online using their online booking system before heading to the embassy on the date giving to you.

After you arrive at the embassy, follow all their procedures and get to the counter, submit all your documents and pay the verification fee,.. Which was 200,000 as at the time of writing,...

After that, wait for a lawyer to contact you,.. (it may take up to three months maximum,) P.S: the further away the origin of your documents are, the longer the verification time.

After the lawyer contacts you, and does interview for you and your parent/guardian, he will go to each and every one of the locations where all your documents were gotten from to verify them, even to the lowest detail(so all documentation must be authentic and gotten legally: because it can delay the process and cause you to pay another 200,000....

After the lawyer is done with the verification, he will take he's report to the embassy and inform them, then they will call you and tell you the particular documents they have issues with, but if not they'll set a date for you to come and legalize them,.. P.S: Even if there's an issue with any of your documents you can still legalize the remaining ones..

After you've gone to the embassy and paid their legalization fees, which was 80 Euros as at the time of writing, they would either tell you to wait for it that day or come back the next day for it..

After you're done with the whole thing,.. You will send your legalized documents to the school you applied to, or is planning on applying to... in any ways they request it(Email/post-mail),.. Then they will send you the admission letter.

You'd take the letter and your proof of accommodation, also get insurance from the recommended insurance firms,... And also take all your documents plus a fully filled residency form to the embassy,... Having booked a date with the embassy using email not their online booking system,....

Follow all the normal procedures again, when you get to the embassy, Submit all your documents to the counter,.. Follow all their instructions,.. Take your finger print and the screening and either you're told to wait for an interview or given another date...

After the interview wait for the embassy to contact you,.. P.S: (it might take up to a month), You can also contact them to ask for the status of the application,.. i.e: if its taken longer than expected.

They will contact you via email,.. For the approval status,.. And tell you to come to the embassy to collect your documents.

After you've gotten your documents back from them,.. You can begin planning your trip..

When you get to Austria you'd have to go and get your resident permit card,..

wink wink
Goodluck.
I just received my acceptance letter from Uni of Vienna with start date of Oct 1st. I'm confused if this whole process of legalization and embassy can be finalized before then. Plz any comment?

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2020
IMustWin:

I just received my acceptance letter from Uni of Vienna with start date of Oct 1st. I'm confused if this whole process of legalization and embassy can be finalized before then. Plz any comment?

Request for an extension of resumption, they'll consider it because of the ongoing pandemic...

Also the resumption might be for online classes,..I think the deadline for face to face classes should be November 29... Try contacting the school though.

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
[quote author=Emmanuelosa post=91349234]

Request for an extension of resumption, they'll consider it because of the ongoing pandemic...

Also the resumption might be for online classes,..I think the deadline for face to face classes should be November 29... Try contacting the school though.[/qote]
Ok brother, I will try convince them.

And please, can I submit my sponsor statement of account instead of mine to show proof of funds?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
[quote author=IMustWin post=91349791][/quote]Plz can I use my sponsor statement of account instead of mine? Mine does not have any reasonable inflow and outflow over the past months.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
[quote author=IMustpWin post=91349791][/quote]
Yes certainly.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Damyzeem95(m): 12:17am On Jul 04, 2020
Please is there anyone applying to University of Graz?...the sch sent me mail to go obtain German language certificate before i can start my application for Bachelor degree....and also am i going to legalize the German language certificate too among the doc i'll legalize
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 04, 2020
Emmanuelosa:

Yes certainly.
Okay thanks bro
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2020
Damyzeem95:
Please is there anyone applying to University of Graz?...the sch sent me mail to go obtain German language certificate before i can start my application for Bachelor degree....and also am i going to legalize the German language certificate too among the doc i'll legalize

They only require German language certificate for courses taught in german,..and concerning the legalization, you are not required to legalize it, as it is just to verify that you are capable of speaking the language,..
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 11:42am On Jul 04, 2020
Damyzeem95:

They're mostly MSc students applying to Graz,... You should try JKU
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by ManuelWest(m): 10:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hello thanks for the info. Please am bit confused about the Area of legalization of documents after securing admission.

Can I like use my transcript to apply for admission after legalizing it at MOE then go for the normal embassy legalization once given admission

According to what I've been reading here.. I thought it takes roughly 3 months to legalise documents and verify it at the embassy... So how will u go abt it when school demand for the embassy legalization. Will the School be able to wait for the 3 months before giving me the admission letter?

2. Talking about bank statement, like how much am I requires to show when applying for the student Visa?
Can an Uncle be my sponsor?

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by ManuelWest(m): 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
dayohoo:
I applied without legalisation...Was told to do legalisation but due the embassy closure...I was told to send original certificate and transcript.

You need admission letter to apply for visa...so if the school give you that....nothing embassy can do..

University of Graz...It is a joint program though..one year in Austria...one year in Germany

Hello brother. Can I apply to university of Graz or Graz university of technology without legalizing my documents? Is the admission process done online? Or you sent the Un legalized documents at first?

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 8:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
ManuelWest:

Hello brother. Can I apply to university of Graz or Graz university of technology without legalizing my documents? Is the admission process done online? Or you sent the Un legalized documents at first?
Try checking the school's website, all required informations concerning admission have been provided
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by olasubomy: 2:16am On Jul 07, 2020
Please does anyone know a very good graduate school in Australia temporarily waiving the GMAT/GRE requirement for admission consideration.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by dayohoo: 5:25am On Jul 07, 2020
This group is about Austria in Europe not Australia
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Quincyzeus: 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
I want to do legalization of school documents and apply for resident permit-student at once. how long do you think this would take?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by mrpudikin: 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
Emmanuelosa:

Try checking the school's website, all required informations concerning admission have been provided

Thanks for helping those around here bro. I see your work. I shud have helped too
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by mrpudikin: 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
IMustWin:

Thats cool bro what program.

Also i believe they give you a chance to start in Summer (January 2021) if you should check your admission letter well

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by mrpudikin: 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2020
dayohoo:
You don't need legalized certificate for resident permit.

Below is the document sent by the embassy on requirement for resident permit

From what i believe or know bro. That birth certificate in that list needs to be verified and legalised by the embassy.

The Police character certificate needs to be legalised too but that won't require the verification long process

You can confirm or check from the embassy, give them a call or mail.
Jus saying so u know on time
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 6:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
[quote author=mrpudikin post=91515107]

Thanks for helping those around here bro. I see your work. I shud have helped too[/quote

i really appreciate sir... I will keep updating the thread, as you do so too... smiley
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
mrpudikin:

Thats cool bro what program.

Also i believe they give you a chance to start in Summer (January 2021) if you should check your admission letter well
Not really.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2020
IMustWin:

Not really.

Try emailing the school to ask about it....
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by amihbkt767676: 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hello everyone. I have few questions

After getting admission, is it still necessary to legalise documents?

What ways are used to prove financial ability (support letter and fixed deposit) Who can issue a support letter? How much is needed for fixed deposit or bank statements?

Is there rush in the appointment booking?

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Quincyzeus: 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
check the Austrian embassy website. The embassy is about to open guys.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by rephidimC: 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2020
[quote author=Emmanuelosa post=91516336][/quote]

Hi Mr. Emmanuel and everyone here.

Thank you for all the info thus far.

1. I saw a screenshot sent by someone here with documents required for obtaining a residence permit.

The last on the list was a minimum of German B2 certificate.

Is this valid for those whose course is all English?

I secured admission already.

Lectures to commence month ending.

2. How much does the ministry verification cost? And can I do for both ministries in a day?

3. I saw that one can't make appointments for legalization, but all those for legalization we're asked to come in person by August 5th. May I ask if this is for those who got dates before or new persons also inclusive?

Thanks.

Mr. Emmanuel, I already sent a request to email you.
Thank you all.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Liodins: 5:10am On Jul 16, 2020
What this thread needs to progress are testimonials and I pray to be among those whose testimonies will help to motivate people on this path... join me by liking this post. And commenting to show that there are people already on the path or probably considering towing it. grin
Hey @op
I want to send you a pm how do I go about it or better still if u see this pls send me one...thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.