Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months (1748 Views)

South East Leaders Converge On Enugu Airport To Witness Its Reopening / Akwa Ibom State Governor Renames Int'l Airport After Ex-Governor Victor Attah / We Have Paid Salaries For December, Okowa … Says Asaba Stadium To Be Ready For A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by HenryUbus12345(m): 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2018
The Delta State Governor, Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa has said the Asaba International Airport will be functional in the next four months.

Governor Okowa made the disclosure today (03/02/18) at Kwale during a meeting of members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Delta North Senatorial District.

According to the Governor, his administration is committed to delivering dividends of democracy to Deltans, noting that the Asaba International Airport is very important to the socio-economic development of Delta State and neighboring states.

"I want to tell you that the contract for the construction of the Asaba Airport project has been awarded to Setraco; Setraco is a reputable company and in the last one week a lot of construction work has been witnessed in the airport," he said, adding, "the company have a mandate of four months to deliver the project; the amount that Setraco quoted for them to deliver the job was lesser than the amount the contract was awarded the former contractor."

The Governor who scored his administration high in project delivery, disclosed that his administration has mapped out a holistic programme to tackle flood in Asaba and Okpanam stating that while work has commenced in the construction of storm drains to check flood at the Direct Labour, Jesus Saves Roads, contract has also, been awarded for the construction of drains to check flooding of the Delta broadcasting Service, Mariam Babangida Way and Junior Staff quarters areas of the state capital while the contract to check flood water on Okpanam road will soon be awarded.

While noting that the construction of a multi-billion naira secretariat complex will check accommodation problems of Ministries, Department and Agencies, Governor Okowa thanked Deltans for their continual support.

He congratulated members of the PDP for the success recorded by the party in the January 6 local government elections and called for a more united PDP where there will be mutual respect and understanding.

Those who spoke at the meeting including the Chairman of the party in Delta North Senatorial District, Chief Moses Iduh commended Governor Okowa's administration for providing good governance which has given a boost to the fortunes of the party in the state.

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Paulosky1900: 10:59pm On Feb 03, 2018
I'm proud to be a deltan that's a great man we have as a governor cheesy

1 Like

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by PapaBrowne(m): 11:01pm On Feb 03, 2018
This guy is a terrible. The worst performing Governor in the entire country. Not a single road constructed in either Warri or Asaba. Not a single project despite all the billions.
His counterpart in Edo who has barely spent a year has more than 20 Times more than what Okowa has done in
Asaba airport that has long being completed and operating he is talking about awarding contract. Why not state what work is being done at the airport. What kind of useless leader is this??

8 Likes

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by HenryUbus12345(m): 11:24pm On Feb 03, 2018
Okowa is working
Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Suspense12(m): 11:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
But wait ooo.... I thought the airport was functional na...abi is the governor upgrading the facilities?
Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Nigeriadondie: 12:01am On Feb 04, 2018
Paulosky1900:
I'm proud to be a deltan that's a great man we have as a governor cheesy
Really Nigerians deserves the kind of leadership they have. Of all people Okowa that is clueless. Delta state like all other parts of Nigeria is cursed. Is that a priority?

2 Likes

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 04, 2018
PapaBrowne:
This guy is a terrible. The worst performing Governor in the entire country. Not a single road constructed in either Warri or Asaba. Not a single project despite all the billions.
His counterpart in Edo who has barely spent a year has more than 20 Times more than what Okowa has done in
Asaba airport that has long being completed and operating he is talking about awarding contract. Why not state what work is being done at the airport. What kind of useless leader is this??
Guy, stop texting trash! I am sure you don't live in Delta state.
Gov. Okowa is working. He dualized and constructed Cable road in Asaba. The work was done by ccecc of China. There is another work going on along Nnebisi road right now. This gov has brought development to Asaba. Do you know why Asaba is as it is today? Negligence by past governments!!!
So take your time and travel to Asaba and see for yourself .
Okowa is working!

1 Like

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 04, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

Really Nigerians deserves the kind of leadership they have. Of all people Okowa that is clueless. Delta state like all other parts of Nigeria is cursed. Is that a priority?
Shut up Biko! Stop acting like you are cursed. Delta state is blessed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Nigeriadondie: 4:56am On Feb 04, 2018
venai:
Guy, stop texting trash! I am sure you don't live in Delta state.
Gov. Okowa is working. He dualized and constructed Cable road in Asaba. The work was done by ccecc of China. There is another work going on along Nnebisi road right now. This gov has brought development to Asaba. Do you know why Asaba is as it is today? Negligence by past governments!!!
So take your time and travel to Asaba and see for yourself .
Okowa is working!
Chai, so u know that Delta state like all other parts of Nigeria has suffered years of neglect which makes it cursed with bad leadership. So in just nearly 3 years these are the only projects u could count and say he is working. Yes I recalled he went to commission petrol station as a last project. Also, is Asaba the only place in Delta state? What about other parts of Delta. U can see ur cursed to see the cursed state of Delta state.
Really like I said in my previous statement Nigerians deserves the type of leadership they have, applauding mediocrity. When you are blessed and u can’t use that blessings to advance then u are cursed. That is what u and Delta state are together.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Hisxellency: 6:14am On Feb 04, 2018
I don't really like this okowa of a guy

1 Like

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Chidexter(m): 7:00am On Feb 04, 2018
Four months, I shall come back to this thread in four months time.

1 Like

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by emorse(m): 7:00am On Feb 04, 2018
PapaBrowne:
I was beginning to think there was another Delta state o

2 Likes

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 04, 2018
Xxxxxxx
Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

Chai, so u know that Delta state like all other parts of Nigeria has suffered years of neglect which makes it cursed with bad leadership. So in just nearly 3 years these are the only projects u could count and say he is working. Yes I recalled he went to commission petrol station as a last project. Also, is Asaba the only place in Delta state? What about other parts of Delta. U can see ur cursed to see the cursed state of Delta state.
Really like I said in my previous statement Nigerians deserves the type of leadership they have, applauding mediocrity. When you are blessed and u can’t use that blessings to advance then u are cursed. That is what u and Delta state are together.
If you dare use that word 'cursed 'on me next time, I will not spare your generations.

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Nigeriadondie: 8:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
venai:
If you dare use that word 'cursed 'on me next time, I will not spare your generations.
Who are you and what power have u got. I described who u are and the state u come from e come dey pain u. Why u carry d matter for head.

1 Like

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by zendy: 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
That will mean a second International Airport in Igbo land.
Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

Who are you and what power have u got. I described who u are and the state u come from e come dey pain u. Why u carry d matter for head.
If you wanna know, just use that word on me for a start.

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Nigeriadondie: 10:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
venai:
If you wanna know, just use that word on me for a start.
Telling me in the first place to shut up for airing my own views when u should never have done such cos it is my own opinion and not for u to insult me cos u don’t agree makes u cursed. If u re not then u should apologize to me immediately cos I did not insult you in the first place. I never fired d first shot.
Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
hmm...you see action governor. ..what happen to the airport in onitcha? jominternational airport in Alhambra state...a business oriented state ....
Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

Telling me in the first place to shut up for airing my own views when u should never have done such cos it is my own opinion and not for u to insult me cos u don’t agree makes u cursed. If u re not then u should apologize to me immediately cos I did not insult you in the first place. I never fired d first shot.
yea! I just noticed that I started it all. Sorry for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Myself2(m): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2018
venai:

Now you two can get a room grin grin
Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Nigeriadondie: 9:09pm On Feb 05, 2018
venai:
U re welcome bro, apologies accepted. May God bless u.
If we all learnt to air our views without insulting d other even if the views of that person is not in line with what we think it’s right, nairaland would be a very peaceful forum for all.
Besides, I said what might have offended out of full conviction. I lived and worked in Asaba for almost 2years. I ve been to many parts of that state. As an oil producing state receiving very high allocation on a monthly basis, it should be one of the states to be proud of in d Niger-Delta. Sadly, Okowa himself has disappointed. Granted, he inherited debt from that short devil and rogue Uduaghan. Ibori d same thing. When I passed through Aladja steel project coupled with the road that leads the refinery in comatose around Tanker park area, I then became fully convinced beyond all doubt that not only Delta state but the entire Nigeria is jinxed, cursed and sadly no hope. Because we can’t operate same system and expect a different outcome. I am a Nigerian like u are, our country is indeed a shiithole as Trump called it.
Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by pointstores(m): 9:29pm On Feb 05, 2018
kk nw
Re: Okowa Says Asaba Int'l Airport To Be Ready In Four Months by Paulosky1900: 10:17am On Feb 06, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

hey dude, I don't know about you but as for me I praise people when they do good if you like call him clueless he is really trying we deltans know that... we don't need APC in our state we love the PDP we got over here..... cheers have a nice day.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Shuts 5 Banks, 80 Buildings At Allen Avenue / I Will Do Whatever Nnamdi Kanu Says This Evening. / Nnamdi Kanu Admits He Ran Away From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.