Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) (52608 Views)

An Important Bible Verse Most Pastors Don't Teach In Their Churches / T.B. Joshua: Some Nigerians May Withdraw To Villages Later / Four Nigerian Pastors That Do Not Collect Tithes In Their Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by stblessing(f): 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=efepro post=64832818]Any pastor who collects tithe, first fruit and ask u to sow your possession is not called by God

Exactly my friend]

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by troy20(m): 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
darlenese:
have left several Parish to another because of the issue.
the first was when a pastor asked us to come out for prayers if we wanted to become millionaires, more than half of the church came out , next he asked us to go to our bags and sow a seed of 5k, that failure to do this will attract curses, I went straight to my seat , took my bag and left , my hubby who had refused to come out for the so-called prayer laughed uncontrollably , I was soooo bitter .
Lolssss��....this keep getting better
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Religious belief is an invisible security blanket for insecure individuals.
Closeted minds will continue to allow brainwashing and indoctrination by religious leaders that there is a 'god', and there was a 'jesus', in order that the people with closed minds allow themselves to be controlled so that the various Corporations (churches) remain profitable as the tax-free money continues to roll in.
who is secured in this life?
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by BushWickBill: 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
giftedben:
Mine was the day I put offering in the basket and as the pastor was preaching, looking at the basket, the currency he saw in there got him annoyed. Then he changed the topic and said he doesn't want to be seeing 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100. The least amount should be N200, that very day I quite the church. I haven't gone to church for 10 years. I am living happily in God's ways.
Bishop Mike Okonkwo once told his congregation that he doesn't want to see any denomination lower than N100 when they were taking an offering for the needy.
This was in 2005 or 6.

His wife told the congregation that she needed 10 people to pledge N250k to support their Kingdom Life World Conference. 2004.

My co-worker who doubles as a pastor was debating with me on tithing and I asked him where the storehouse in Mal 3:10 (that they always rush to quote when they want to dissuade you from thinking for yourself on this tithing issue) was located. His answer: Bank Account. I swear by my daughter that I kid you not. He actually said that.

Like Jesus ever burdened anyone to give or forcefully coerced people to give in the first place.

But no, these so called pastors of today with more insight into the word of God than the Word himself (Jesus) are telling us to do things that the Word never told us to. All to satisfy their own selfish desires and nothing more.

Me I have sworn off church till the find somewhere that resembled the modus operandi of the early church: breaking bread regularly, not having anyone in need and in one accord. Until then these churches are nothing more than glorified social centers where the haves show off and the have-nots aspire to be like the haves irrespective of how the haves had their success.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by hopefulLandlord: 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ishiusah:
who is secured in this life?
Good question
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by mvem(m): 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
InvertedHammer:
The pastor that sells annointing oil and stickers for protection but moves around with MOPOL and security details.

What in the world are you still doing in that church?

/
...this one touch me...

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by hopefulLandlord: 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
walls01:

i have notice how jump from thread to thread laughing at people who believe in god. Several times i try to make you reason objectively but i discover you are more brainwashed by science than those with religion. What did science teach u is the origin of life force?

There are lots of misconceptions here

1. I don't laugh at people who believe in imaginary friends, I show the illogicality of believing in imaginary friends; I laugh at the idea NOT the person holding the idea, you may check my post history and see for yourself

2. Science thought us of evolution

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Follygunners: 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
asuustrike2009:
The reason why many do not attend church is because the love for God is depreciating. If pastor A cajole you to donate car for his wife,kindly carry your bible and leave such church. The truth of the matter is that many persons like to attend churches were they preach what they want to hear. In doing so,many ministers who are hungry will capitalize on that to siphon money from gullible members. There are churches that are after the salvation of souls of members but you see fewer persons attending there because the messages are not palatable to the ear. Many are uncomfortable with such churches hence they are targeted "holy holy people".

God bless Deeper Life Bible Church and all others that preach the actual word of God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Follygunners: 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
ItzChinnex:
That is why I still they go my Deeper life. .

God bless ur heart!
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by TEYA: 2:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
Amadaz:
The best is the Catholic Church... No controversies at all.
Catholic ke! Una priests wey dey scatter small boys bum bum like no man business. Everyone get their wahala!
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by NigPatriot(m): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
BushWickBill:

Bishop Mike Okonkwo once told his congregation that he doesn't want to see any denomination lower than N100 when they were taking an offering for the needy.
This was in 2005 or 6.

His wife told the congregation that she needed 10 people to pledge N250k to support their Kingdom Life World Conference. 2004.

My co-worker who doubles as a pastor was debating with me on tithing and I asked him where the storehouse in Mal 3:10 (that they always rush to quote when they want to dissuade you from thinking for yourself on this tithing issue) was located. His answer: Bank Account. I swear by my daughter that I kid you not. He actually said that.

Like Jesus ever burdened anyone to give or forcefully coerced people to give in the first place.

But no, these so called pastors of today with more insight into the word of God than the Word himself (Jesus) are telling us to do things that the Word never told us to. All to satisfy their own selfish desires and nothing more.

Me I have sworn off church till the find somewhere that resembled the modus operandi of the early church: breaking bread regularly, not having anyone in need and in one accord. Until then these churches are nothing more than glorified social centers where the haves show off and the have-nots aspire to be like the haves irrespective of how the haves had their success.

i am of this motion too, especially the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Follygunners: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ghostmode2two:

How many churches preach the gospel according to Jesus Christ today?

Deeper Life Bible Church

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=Follygunners post=64972977]
Deeper Life Bible Church[/quote
only deeper life?
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Follygunners: 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
ImaIma1:
Many pastors just say things from their own understanding and personal ideas not directed from God.

May God give us wisdom and sense to know who truly serves him.

Very true indeed!
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Fifthwave(f): 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
TEYA:

Catholic ke! Una priests wey dey scatter small boys bum bum like no man business. Everyone get their wahala!

That is a "one out of many" cases.
The catholic church is one of the denominations in christendom that still practice what the early christian practised. No doubt, the church is filled men with flesh and blood and so there are bound to be scandals. However, the Catholic does not coerce people to give their life savings as tithes or offering. Infact, it is in the catholic church that I have seen where you can go to church with nothing in your pocket and you won't feel embarrased.

But we are always accused of idol worshipping etc. God help us all.

To all christians out there remember; Feb 14th is Valentine and also Ash wednesday - the beginning of lent.

Did you notice the 'Lent' in 'vaLENTine'? It's another time to go back to God, in fasting, prayer and almsgiving.

Happy sunday.

4 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by gentlegenius(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
asuustrike2009:
There are churches that are after the salvation of souls of members but you see fewer persons attending there because the messages are not palatable to the ear. Many are uncomfortable with such churches hence they are targeted "holy holy people".
Pls recommend one of these 'good churches' that are after the salvation of souls. I really need to start attending one. I have tried searching for such a church in this end times but I've not been lucky to find one. As a result, I stay at home every Sunday. Pls help me with your suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
gentlegenius:

Pls recommend one of these 'good churches' that are after the salvation of souls. I really need to start attending one. I have tried searching for such a church in this end times but I've not been lucky to find one. As a result, I stay at home every Sunday. Pls help me with your suggestion.
Deeper life bible church is one of such churches. They preach the undiluted word of God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ghostmode2two:

How many churches preach the gospel according to Jesus Christ today?
Deeper life ,bride assembly just to mention a few. These churches preach undiluted word of God.
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
Follygunners:

Very true indeed!

It is our place as Christians to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff rather than rejoice when there is a story of a "fumbling" pastor.

A lot of people that claim to be Christians are always happy to point out how one Pastor is doing this or that. The fact that there are fake pastors is evidence that there are real Pastors.

Personally, i won't stay in a church where the Pastor tries to scam me. I will move on and find a genuine place.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by walls01: 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

There are lots of misconceptions here

1. I don't laugh at people who believe in imaginary friends, I show the illogicality of believing in imaginary friends; I laugh at the idea NOT the person holding the idea, you may check my post history and see for yourself

2. Science thought us of evolution

i think u failed to see the illogicallity of the evolution.
There are hundred and one things wrong with evolution theory but you fail to see it because you don't want to believe in God.
How did non living element give rise to living element as claimed by evolution and most importantly what is the beginning as postulated by evolution. Because there must be a beginning by standard human reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Davidoya: 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=Follygunners post=64973117]
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by gbenga74: 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
asuustrike2009:
The reason why many do not attend church is because the love for God is depreciating. If pastor A cajole you to donate car for his wife,kindly carry your bible and leave such church. The truth of the matter is that many persons like to attend churches were they preach what they want to hear. In doing so,many ministers who are hungry will capitalize on that to siphon money from gullible members. There are churches that are after the salvation of souls of members but you see fewer persons attending there because the messages are not palatable to the ear. Many are uncomfortable with such churches hence they are targeted "holy holy people".
on point sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Davidoya: 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
walls01:

i think u failed to see the illogicallity of the evolution.
There are hundred and one things wrong with evolution theory but you fail to see it because you don't want to believe in God.
How did non living element give rise to living element as claimed by evolution and most importantly what is the beginning as postulated by evolution. Because there must be a beginning by standard human reasoning.

It makes no sense trying to convince him.. seeing that he is atheist by his recent threads on this forum. Christianity is for the called , even at that not all that's called r chosen.. if you don't have a God experience you don't have it and no man can give that experience to you..
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by abukaokab: 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
God knew who served him
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
All pastors, churches, imams, mosques muslims they are all crooks and peadophiles, i stopped going to church when the pastor tried to Arrange a marriage between me and a very ugly single mother with 2 children from Another man, the church told me that God said i must marry this ugly girl or... i said to them tell God to fuvk off! i am out! i am still here Alive today.
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Deeper life ,bride assembly just to mention a few. These churches preach undiluted word of God.

OK and thanks
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Triciasexy87(f): 4:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
efepro:
Any pastor who collects tithe, first fruit and ask u to sow your possession is not called by God.
All these are commanded by God..... Ask ur pastor, or a true believer, or better still, go to any Redeemed church a d raise d topic
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by walls01: 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
Davidoya:

It makes no sense trying to convince him.. seeing that he is atheist by his recent threads on this forum. Christianity is for the called , even at that not all that's called r chosen.. if you don't have a God experience you don't have it and no man can give that experience to you..

true, but am not trying to convince him rather am trying to contain his vernom he is spreading, least the simple reading his messages are deceived and believe, Jesus told us to always speak not to convince the devil but to loosen those that gave their souls to him ignorantly
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by platinumphotos: 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
giftedben:
Mine was the day I put offering in the basket and as the pastor was preaching, looking at the basket, the currency he saw in there got him annoyed. Then he changed the topic and said he doesn't want to be seeing 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100. The least amount should be N200, that very day I quite the church. I haven't gone to church for 10 years. I am living happily in God's ways.
Continue lieing ....
So 10 years ago, a pastor rejected 100 naira offering?
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by gentlegenius(m): 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Deeper life bible church is one of such churches. They preach the undiluted word of God.
Are you a member?
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
gentlegenius:

Are you a member?
No am not
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by gentlegenius(m): 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
ImaIma1:

It is our place as Christians to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff rather than rejoice when there is a story of a "fumbling" pastor.

A lot of people that claim to be Christians are always happy to point out how one Pastor is doing this or that. The fact that there are fake pastors is evidence that there are real Pastors.

Personally, i won't stay in a church where the Pastor tries to scam me. I will move on and find a genuine place.
I have been searching for such a genuine place for sometime now. Pls can you suggest one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Antichrist Compares Jesus With Pharaoh On Facebook: Users Come For Him / Football: "Game Of Antichrist" By A.F Funmilayo / Pastor Sam Adeyemi & His Wife Return To Nigeria After Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.