Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB (48029 Views)

Kassim Afegbua Declares Support For APC, Ize-Iyamu In Edo / Kassim Afegbua Insists Babangida Authorised ‘Vote Out Buhari’ Statement / Anti-Buhari Protesters Run, Police Called Against Them At Abuja House In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by Reelectbuhari: 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
Abuja – The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has ordered the arrest of Kassim Afegbua for the statement he issued on behalf of former President Ibrahim Babangida.

A Presidency source confirmed this development to INDEPENDENT on Sunday.

It would be recalled that Afegbua, in a statement issued on Sunday allegedly on behalf of Babangida quoted him as saying that President Muhammadu Buhari should not seek for re-election in 2019.
However in a swift reaction, the former Military President denied issuing a statement calling on Nigerians to disregard the earlier statement by Afegbua.

According to the source, “the IGP has ordered for the arrest of Kassim Afegbua for issuing a fake statement. He was advised to submit himself to the Force Headquarters in 24 hours or face arrest.

https://independent.ng/breaking-igp-orders-afegbuas-arrest-anti-buhari-statement/amp/

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by ecdcyber: 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
Eye service is the order of the day in this government. Smh

228 Likes 10 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by greatgod2012(f): 9:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
heheheheheheheh! I laugh!
We're in democracy indeed!

211 Likes 9 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
APC/Presidency has lost it totally ... dem be like Trailer wen fail brake right now ... clutching anyhow at straws grin cheesy

Down with the mad old dulllard

279 Likes 17 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by Mogidi: 9:33pm On Feb 04, 2018
What are they going to charge him for?
He can't issue a statement without IBB's approval.

This is weird.

207 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by psucc(m): 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
GEJ comes to mind. God bless him, the father of Nigeria's modern democracy!

477 Likes 42 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by dingbang(m): 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2018
I tell you solemnly, do not be afraid of the one who kills onlythe body, but fear him who kills both the body and the soul.

Fela was arrested for speaking the truth about obasanjo. These military presidents aren't what Nigerians need.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by omowolewa: 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2018
Another wrong policy, now alot of such comments will spring up. Even a movement

This is not the time to show force at all

17 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by ihitenansa: 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
hmmm

interestin..
Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by mbaboy(m): 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
I miss Jonathan a true prophet

416 Likes 26 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
Ex-Military President, Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (retd.) has disowned a statement signed and distributed by his media aide, Mr. Kassim Afegbua.

In the widely-circulated statement, Afegbua quoted IBB as advising President Muhammadu Buhari not to stand for re-election in 2019.

However, the new statement, signed by IBB, noted that he (IBB) had unfettered access to Buhari and that he would speak to the President in camera instead of resorting to open letter as alleged.

Here is the full statement:

MY COUNSEL TO THE NATION–BY GENERAL IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA, GCFR

Distinguished Members of the Fourth estate of the realm.

It has been drawnd to my attention a press statement on the State of the nation, particularly 2019 general elections and beyond.

Let me categorically state that as former President and Statesman, I have unfettered channel of communication with the highest authorities without sensational public correspondence, therefore those views expressed over there are personal views of the writer.

However, with due respect to individual opinion and constitutional rights, it is worrisome that Political events and civil unrest in many part of the country, has raised many questions on the governance and unity. Indeed 2018 is inundated with seasons of literatures on the corporate existence of this country. Many of such literatures have shown concerns of the corporate existence of Nigeria beyond 2019 general elections.

It will be recalled, that in my message to this year’s Armed Forces Remembrance Day, I specifically expressed the dire need for proactive measures to stop farmers/herders clashes in the middle belt, Cattle rustling, armed robbery, Kidnapping, gangsterism and Cultism. Our security agencies have to step up surveillance with more efforts on intelligence gathering for maximum success.

Recent happenings and utterances by political gladiators is alarming and not in the interest of common man that is already overstretched and apparently living from hand to mouth due to precarious economic conditions. Despite all these challenges, I am optimistic that the political actors will play within the ambits of political norms and decorum to ameliorate the problems facing our society now.

I am a realist that believes in all issues in a democratic atmosphere are sincerely discussed and resolved in the spirit of give and take. Since after my military years that metamorphosed to the only Military President in the history of Nigeria and my civilian life, I always have one clear objective that freedom can only be achieved through democracy. Some people find this freedom as an avenue for eroding democracy by antics of hate speeches under the guise of religion, tribal or self imposed mentorship. This trend of pitching political class and the people is unhealthy and skewed.

The clamour for re-alignment of governance in the country as we are approaching 2019 election year is a welcome development only if the agitations are genuinely channeled through legislation and total supremacy of the constitution . Any attempt outside this circle of democratic tenants is deceptive and divisive idea capable of plunging our political journey into disarray.

Our present political parties and their structures need parameter pillars that will make them more strong with unique ideologies. However, our present political parties need surgical operation that will fusion them in to a reasonable numbers. I have been an advocate of two party systems but in our present reality in Nigeria, our political parties can fusion into strong political association/party that can form a formidable opposition to a ruling party.

As students of history, we are aware that many advanced democracies have two distinct ideological political parties, with a handful of smaller political parties that serve as buffer whenever any of the known political parties derailed or became unpopular. I still believe in two party systems as the best option for Nigeria.

It is high time that, we dialogue more on any issue in order to have a political solution on any problem affecting us. It is sad that, Nigeria had its fare share of conflicts, and we cannot continue to fall back to those dark years of bloodshed.

As a people, now is the time to come together to address all Communal conflicts and criminality under any guise to further unite the country in line with the vision of our founding fathers so that as a nation, we can forge ahead in the task of building a more prosperous nation.

SIGNED:

GENERAL IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA GCFR, FORMER MILITARY PRESIDENT & COMMANDER IN-CHIEF OF NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES.

1 UPHILL DRIVE, MINNA.

SUNDAY, 04TH FEBRUARY, 2018.

http://punchng.com/ibb-disowns-media-consultants-press-statement/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by TheFreeOne: 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
IGP that should be organising how to arrest Fulani militia terrorists in Benue grin

The APC ought to know by now that's it's too late to save this administration from the jaws of ignominy that buboo pushed it into due to his nepotism, bigotry and incompetence.

Omi ti gbehin wo igbin lenu and there's nothing they can do about it.

148 Likes 11 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by Ngokafor(f): 9:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
It is finished!

Buhari/APC has lost it completely!

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
Ipob yoots thrive on hate and FAKE NEWS

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
modik:

IBB is an ipob yoot
Obj also ipob yoot

Lol

IBB has told you he didn't issue any statement... Why are you bringing his name again?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by TheFreeOne: 9:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
[quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=64790615][/quote]

IBB AUTHORISED THE STATEMENT I ISSUED - Spokesperson
https://www.channelstv.com/2018/02/04/babangida-authorised-the-statement-i-issued-spokesperson/?utm_source=TW&utm_medium=ChannelsTV-+AutoPoster&utm_campaign=SNAP%2Bfrom%2BChannels+Television

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
He Should Explain To The Security Agency Who Authorized him to issue the Statement...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by modik(m): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

IBB has told you he didn't issue any statement... Why are you bringing his name again?

Why respond on IBB alone?

OBJ nko?.... Ipob yoot.... Lol

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by dlondonbadboy: 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
This is the military regime all over again...what a President...

18 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by jidamsel43(m): 9:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
some people like to glorify fake and rubbish news.

pls is the statement a threat to peace? why would IGP order his arrest.
wailers be careful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by Reelectbuhari: 9:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
In as much I want buhari reelected
I detest fake media propaganda
let's match this people with PMB achievements

3 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by Reelectbuhari: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2018
In as much I want buhari reelected
I detest fake media propaganda
let's match this people with PMB achievements
Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by dlondonbadboy: 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
Who would save Nigeria from this mess...? Why arrest a man who is tired of your nonsense administration? We don decay reach like this for this country?

11 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by tinkinjow: 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
So he issued a rebuttal but in same rebuttal he expressed very similar views to that of his spokesman. Most importantly he never chastised the spokesman for the same.
This damage control failed since 6months into Buharis govt

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by TheFreeOne: 9:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

So who will defeat him in 2019? grin grin

Deluded ipob youth...

So to you anyone not supporting your god is ipob youth?

Kindly get your head off his Ass except it's filled with used tampoon, probably the reason you can't use it properly and kindly know the brain ain't an app and it's free.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by UnchangeableGod: 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

So who will defeat him in 2019? grin grin

Deluded ipob youth...
Hmmmmmmm! Ever heard or read of Nebuchadnezzar and Herod? God will defeat him except he repents and governs well. Those who support him not because he is governing with justice and equity but because of their selfish interests will get their own versus of divine judgement except they too repent.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by seunmsg(m): 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2018
The IGP must be high on cheap weed. Arrest Afegbua for what? Did IBB lodge a formal complaint or what? He should go back to Benue and arrest the murderous herdsmen who are busy killing innocent people.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB by Paperwhite(m): 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2018
Shithole country being administered by fucktards.So one cant express him mind again. angry Buhari government will have to arrest all of us.
Meanwhile Buhari is a plague that must be kicked out.He fully knows this. undecided

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President / Nura Iliyasu In DSS Custody After Climbing Mast To Protest Against Buhari - Deji / No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.