Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! (15252 Views)

The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak / Nigeria Customs Top Management In Age Falsification And Corruption Scandal / Family Of Whistleblower Who Exposed Corruption In Yabatech Cries For Help. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by fleps(m): 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2018
What can the righteous do kwa?
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2018
I registered for my national id since june 2017. .and up till now i've not even gotten my slip, not to talk of the permanent card. .
anytime i go for my card confirmation if its ready, im always told that there's no goddamn light..
this NIMC, their staff and nigeria is and are just a big joke
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by sandammy(m): 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
Which work the staff are doing self. useless commission. Since 2013 my card never ready.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by donkaz2(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2018
y are they complaining? how many have they issued national ID card since 2014 mtewwwwww
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by DisGuy: 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2018
If you want to get attention. You have to Name those in charge especially the Payroll and HR leads, post letters and if possible videos of the conditions you're working in. Tag every outlets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by Ajewealth123(m): 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2018
This is long overdue.that organization is worse.registered about 5years ago 2013 and till now ,i still go about with a nonsense paper.the original isnt out even till now.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by shikshark: 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2018
donkaz2:
y are they complaining? how many have they issued national ID card since 2014 mtewwwwww

my brother its not the duty of the staff to provide the id cards, i used to live with one of the staff in my former house and he is the only tenant that has an empty parking lot, i must say govt should really look into their welfare because they are the custodian of the national database and ppls data could get into wrong hands.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 05, 2018
kokomaster3d:
I am a living witness. We had to contribute N100 each as applicants for the NIMC staff to buy fuel for their generator in Customs Office, Karu, Abuja. Then we were told there is no network for us to complete our registration.

Yes, i experienced same thing wn i went to register here in one of d state in d south....I was really surprised
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by shotuns: 11:03pm On Feb 05, 2018
Too bad, I know someone that works with this yeye organisation, his last salary was slashed heavily, he almost cried when he was lamenting, his little child haven't register for this new school term.
Some of their top officials need to be probed.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by persius555(m): 11:05pm On Feb 05, 2018
what exactly has that engineer been doing in NIMC?
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by aprilwise(m): 11:06pm On Feb 05, 2018
This is the 3rd year since I register for the national identity card it not yet out. Na corruption dey hold my card for this long.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by pointstores(m): 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2018
immorality and stealing isnot corrupption in nija
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by Xtopher123(m): 11:31pm On Feb 05, 2018
I thought in some other there said Juju help someone up for trying to touch their light..

Look for the papa that did that and just let him do the rest..

in Nigeria Juju now works far better than Intelligence and you say were not a shithole country?
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by seuncyrus(m): 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2018
No offence, but to be honest your agency/commision is completely useless...
Over 4 years now and i'm still not able to get a permanent card. What exactly is the role of the NIMC. I wanted to tag them on twitter before sef.

The stupid card is not even acceptable anywhere , you can't use it to open a payoner account, banks reject it even etisalat rejected it when I wanted to retrieve my sim. I think you guys should be deployed to a more productive ministry...No offence again, but your ministry is shiiit.

Sorry about not receiving salary , just get your pvc ...#Back2Daura

1 Like

Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by Celsony: 12:51am On Feb 06, 2018
God help us for this country o. Pls op there is an error on my date of birth, pls how can i change it, even though my card had been printed since 2014.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by dingbang(m): 1:58am On Feb 06, 2018
DisGuy:
If you want to get attention. You have to Name those in charge especially the Payroll and HR leads, post letters and if possible videos of the conditions you're working in. Tag every outlets
I dey tell you... The commission will just do something immediately
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by Nobody: 6:05am On Feb 06, 2018
there is no hope in govt job unless ur part of a favored clique.
govt sold all the enities that generated funds for it eg nepa,nitel, nafcon, airports, ports.

as these entities go to private hands govt will be broke, i forsee civil service and parastatal jobs being outsourced in the future to private contractors.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by vicfy(m): 6:24am On Feb 06, 2018
Another is the issue of promotion, promotion in this commission is based on who you know and not on whether you are qualified and due for it
Same way you secured the job...cos a few of us who travelled all the way to Ilorin from Imo State, n did very well in the assessment test couldn't get the job.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by gfullmoon(m): 6:48am On Feb 06, 2018
If the Custodians of the National Database are poorly treated in terms of welfare and motivation, then the National Database is already implicitly compromised.
FG needs to wield into the issue, and to enhance Nigerians get their National ID on time and seamless.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by Nov2(m): 7:21am On Feb 06, 2018
O ga ooooooo all dis in nimc na wa o
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by Ebisinclair: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2018
What a pity on A commission that doesnt have d interest of its workers at heart and cannot put d condition of their work place in order. Shame on NIMC
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by cijero26(m): 7:39am On Feb 06, 2018
No only in NIMC in federal polytechnic unwana na worst
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by Stallion93(m): 7:40am On Feb 06, 2018
And they will say Insatiable greed is the reason Nigerians are paying smugglers to gamble their lives on the Mediterranean sea. God forbid this nation! No job problem, Job dey....even worse problem. Wetin sef i wan talk again? Person dan tire abeg let's try to raise funds, make we buy better boats dey comot smal smal.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by cbrass(m): 8:21am On Feb 06, 2018
kambili999:
don't even know what to say about this country. I'm just weak

Help is coming on the way wink
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by MrRitchie: 8:27am On Feb 06, 2018
The last time I went there to get my NIC at their alausa office Lagos State, I was told there was no power in their office and the generator as no fuel so therefore can't do anything, waited until about 3pm nothing was going on at that office yet, we the applicants had to start contributing money so has to fuel their generator before work could commence, it's was an horrible situation.

I registered for my NIC in 2013 got it 2016 that's 3 years after, just for them to print card, all hail naija
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by clily: 8:32am On Feb 06, 2018
MrRitchie:
The last time I went there to get my NIC at their alausa office Lagos State, I was told there was no power in their office and the generator as no fuel so therefore can't do anything, waited until about 3pm nothing was going on at that office yet, we the applicants had to start contributing money so has to fuel their generator before work could commence, it's was an horrible situation.

I registered for my NIC in 2013 got it 2016 that's 3 years after, just for them to print card, all hail naija

Exactly same experience we had, just that their generator was even bad so they had to stop till 5 hours when they restored light

1 Like

Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by fashrola(m): 8:33am On Feb 06, 2018
Kaysurplus:
No wonder since 2014 I haven't been able to collect the National ID card, most institutions have been rejecting the Temporary Slip.

Mine since 2013
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by fashrola(m): 8:37am On Feb 06, 2018
The FG Government are joking with this sensitive organization,

Imagine our database landing into the wrong hands can spell disaster nationwide
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by Danyl(m): 9:38am On Feb 06, 2018
adisaigbo1:
Nimc is the worst place you can work in Nigeria...
Nothing is right with that organization.... FG needs to improve the funding to the commission; it's an embarrassment on us all. Ordinary Benin Republic here, you get your National ID hassle-free and in no time at all.
1000% correct.
If this commission was designed like the FBI of US, then they are on a long thing.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by rumaabk(m): 11:53am On Feb 06, 2018
[quote
Those that mean you dont have a union. If you have union let them fight or may be the union have compromise.
Cheating in its height at the *National Identity Management Commission (NIMC)*

The management of the National Identity Management Commission has deployed what can be referred to as modern slavery against her workforce.

The rules are nothing but mere letters and are not followed at all in this commission which has brought about agitation that the corruption in this administration is beyond what the nation has ever seen.

Firstly, the issue of salary at this commission needs urgent attention of the government, staff does not have any stable salary and the salary is always reducing in spite of promotion of staff. The recent case is the case of around 30% reduction in staff salary despite promotion which made staff receives far lesser salaries to what they were earning even before promotion. Also, there is irregularity in the take home of staff on same grade level, some staff on same Grade Level who were in fact employed the same day receive different salaries with around N11,000 difference.

Another is the issue of promotion, promotion in this commission is based on who you know and not on whether you are qualified and due for it. The recently concluded promotion was quite unfair and beyond what any reasonable explanation can justify. Staff who have spent well over 3 years on their previous posts were not promoted while staff who merely joined the commission in less than 3 years got double promotion as against the public service rules.

For over 12 months now, the enrolment centers of the commission have not been funded and there are always memo requesting that enrolment figures should be doubled. This has resulted in staff using their personal monies to fund the office or resorting to applicants for financial assistance.

The working conditions in the offices are poor and hazardous to health yet no hazard allowance or any allowance at all is received by staff.

For over 4 years now, Pension and housing fund has been deducted from staff salaries but not remitted to the appropriate agencies. Also, staff are being owed 28 days allowance, promotion arrears and nothing has been said about it despite the commitment of this present government to payment of those allowances.

In all of these, staff are constantly doing their bits as enrolment figures roll in every day. The management on the other hand are far from doing their part as they have failed to provide the motivation and the necessary tool needed for the smooth running of the organization. They have even failed the public by not producing their Identity Cards as at when due.

There is need for the public to know about this so that there will be intervention from the appropriate quarters.[/quote]
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by rumaabk(m): 11:54am On Feb 06, 2018
[quote
Those that mean you dont have a union. If you have union let them fight or may be the union had compromise.
Re: Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! by kambili999(f): 1:37pm On Feb 06, 2018
cbrass:

Help is coming on the way wink
yh ryt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Being Academically Brilliant Is Not Enough To Pass Assessment Centres / University Workers Mobilise For Strike Over Non-Implementation Of Minimum Wage / Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.