Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo (20880 Views)

Buhari Approves Establishment Of 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education / FG Approves 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education / House Of Rep Consider Bills For Nine New Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by tydi(m): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2018
Rochas it's God that will punish you for trying to collect umuchiuma land in OKigwe from their owners despite destroying the town and chasing alot of people out from their business premises.. may amadioha strike that your second leg.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Abfinest007(m): 8:21am On Feb 06, 2018
I heard he made six status too

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Demonicide(f): 8:21am On Feb 06, 2018
It would have been better to create more jobs than school. After graduation, were would they work?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Smooyis(m): 8:21am On Feb 06, 2018
For me I love the decentralization of ministries. And also, more schools would bring more jobs, admission opportunities, and development to the towns. Let's be positive sometimes. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by fairheven: 8:21am On Feb 06, 2018
HigherEd:

Could have been a good idea if he could actually fund the existing ones. By creating new universities he would be diluting running cost of previously existing universities thereby worsening their already dwindled standards.
Govt by now should stop building more universities-they just never learn they think universities are just outfits you setup like kiosk.
At this point any new private uni in Nigeria should be a private university - running at no major cost to govt.
Lalasticlala

as usual it's still indigent students that would fund it with their school fees ...the suffering continues
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 06, 2018
He built one college of education for my village cheesy.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by obailala(m): 8:23am On Feb 06, 2018
supereagle:
Ndi Imo see what you attracted for yourselves. What did he achieve with the General hospital in each local govt. He did not even pay the contractors who did job, His tenure is about to end none of the hospital is functioning, the fly overs are not working.
Rochas leaving office in 2019 does not mean he will pocket the general hospitals still under construction and walk away; the next governor can continue and complete them. Let's not get too obsessed with just criticising everything just for the sake of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by noziz(m): 8:28am On Feb 06, 2018
grin e don add Universities join statutes.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 06, 2018
Okorocha, a useless statue in human form.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by donsimoniiblog: 8:31am On Feb 06, 2018
Visit www.donsimonii.com today for your stories, articles and gists...
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by mecussey(m): 8:35am On Feb 06, 2018
Owelle should come for presidency...I will personally vote for him. He is the type of man suitable for Nigeria as a sh*thole. He is the type that knows how to balance a typical amajiri with an ipon miscreants. He also has the capability to brainwash a typical afonja and integrate them with a herdsman and everybody will be happy. Owelle can save our economy, he is smart and intelligent. I have asked myself over the years, why should we look for admission all the time. Why must 30% get admission while 70% stays at home to constitute nuisance? Owelle is the solution, he invents his own government and does not depend on any rule made over 100yrs ago. Pls, let us support owelle for presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Burgerlomo: 8:38am On Feb 06, 2018
HigherEd:

Could have been a good idea if he could actually fund the existing ones. By creating new universities he would be diluting running cost of previously existing universities thereby worsening their already dwindled standards.
Govt by now should stop building more universities-they just never learn they think universities are just outfits you setup like kiosk.
At this point any new private uni in Nigeria should be a private university - running at no major cost to govt.
Lalasticlala

Seconded
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Abogwara: 8:40am On Feb 06, 2018
Some clarifications need to be made that they are new campuses of existing tertiary institutions with the exception of Eastern Palm University.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 06, 2018
I'm from Onuimo, there is no Tertiary institution here, this news is fake

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by 2odd(m): 8:45am On Feb 06, 2018
kikiwendy:
I don't even know why I'm finding this funny
I know it,it's because it's actually funny
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by WorldRichest: 8:48am On Feb 06, 2018
HigherEd:

Lalasticlala

There is money for each state to run ten higher institutions. The money in Tinubu's account can run all the higher institutions in Nigeria. The money in Diezaini's account can run all the higher institutions in West Africa, just as the money in Rotimi Amaechi and imPatience Mama Piss Sheppopo's account can run all the higher institutions in the whole of Africa.

So, there is money to run education in Nigeria if only evil politicians will spent a fraction of what they spend on their under-aged girlfriends and under-aged fucck boys on the educational infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by 2odd(m): 8:49am On Feb 06, 2018
Smooyis:
For me I love the decentralization of ministries. And also, more schools would bring more jobs, admission opportunities, and development to the towns. Let's be positive sometimes. shocked shocked shocked
bro ,can I say something ??, which state government fit dey fund all of them ,look at Lagos State upon their whole IGR ,dey no create extra burden join for demself, she bi na this nonsense MIMIKO did in ondo state
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by nayosman: 8:51am On Feb 06, 2018
Okoroacha is an idiot.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by supereagle(m): 8:58am On Feb 06, 2018
obailala:
Rochas leaving office in 2019 does not mean he will pocket the general hospitals still under construction and walk away; the next governor can continue and complete them. Let's not get too obsessed with just criticising everything just for the sake of it.
You are not thinking right. It is good for the incoming government to be solving abandoned projects of his predecessors, not facing his own plans, at the end the people will say he did not do any new projects. Let me inform you, those general hospital will be abandoned for ever. Most of the uncompleted projects of Sam Mbakwe, did any governments that came after him touch them ? Go to flour mills Akabo and see what they have turned it to. Let me inform you as well, we do not need 27 general hospital in Imo State. State hospital created by Chief Udenwa is enough to serve Imo, Rochas came and destroyed it. Orlu teaching hospital brought up by Udenwa as a center of excellence, you know what Rochas did to it. With these facts given to you, do you expect any incoming government to work on unfinished tasks of Rochas. He will like to initiate new projects people will remember him for.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by RealGucci: 9:00am On Feb 06, 2018
in rihanaz voice.
s.o.s
state of statues
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by mikaael(m): 9:08am On Feb 06, 2018
ahhdah:
This man is just something else..
Instead of him to raise the standard of IMSU, he's opening new ones.. Anyways, he'll leave office soon..
I think they are gonna be his
Just like when Peter obi opened a company and said twas for the benefit of umu Anambra...

yes....like wen Gbenga Daniel deceived Ogun state with the Gateway brand which belongs to him

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Simplybami(f): 9:09am On Feb 06, 2018
This man is really clueless. As in six universities? Why didn't he just provide funds for the existing ones to make them better? This man is really a joke!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by emmalord(m): 9:11am On Feb 06, 2018
It is good development but the big problem of public institutions is bad management and governance . this Aboki okoroch should have strengthen the existing institutions provide the necessary infrastructure needed.
Nwades:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/257608-okorocha-establishes-six-new-tertiary-institutions-imo.html/amp
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Imo1stson: 9:14am On Feb 06, 2018
anyimontana:
As if those projects will b completed under dis short time.just an avenue to embezzle..kip fooling your people sir,maybe they deserve it like abia and kogi

They are all at least 90% completed. Okorocha is a man of action.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Imo1stson: 9:18am On Feb 06, 2018
supereagle:

You are not thinking right. It is good for the incoming government to be solving abandoned projects of his predecessors, not facing his own plans, at the end the people will say he did not do any new projects. Let me inform you, those general hospital will be abandoned for ever. Most of the uncompleted projects of Sam Mbakwe, did any governments that came after him touch them ? Go to flour mills Akabo and see what they have turned it to. Let me inform you as well, we do not need 27 general hospital in Imo State. State hospital created by Chief Udenwa is enough to serve Imo, Rochas came and destroyed it. Orlu teaching hospital brought up by Udenwa as a center of excellence, you know what Rochas did to it. With these facts given to you, do you expect any incoming government to work on unfinished tasks of Rochas. He will like to initiate new projects people will remember him for.

Stop writing thrash. The Orlu teaching hospital built by Udenwa was a kitchen line until Okorocha built most of the structures you see there today. The 27 hospitals have been completed and few remain only equipping. Here is one of the several completed hospitals for people to judge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by AceVentura: 9:24am On Feb 06, 2018
He hasn't even paid those that worked for the state for 35yrs & retired yet he's setting up new "debt centres".

Misplaced priorities!!!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by mybestlove(m): 9:26am On Feb 06, 2018
Okorocha is a funny Fulani. You lack resources to fund the one you have already and you're establishing more.

Get sense this cultist.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by obailala(m): 9:27am On Feb 06, 2018
supereagle:

Governor 1: Comes into power, ignores uncompleted projects of his predecessors, starts fresh projects in line with his personal ideas and visions and completes his own personalised projects.

Governor 2: Comes into power, concentrates on finishing the numerous incomplete projects of his predecessors and completes them to the benefit of the people of his state; but unfortunately has limited room/resources to implement his own personal ideas.

"...at the end the people will say he did not do any new projects..."

For any human to remotely think Governor 1 above is superior or a better achiever than Governor 2, such a person needs serious help. Unfortunately, majority of Nigerians exhibit this repulsive mentality, and that's why no leader intends to complete old projects for fear of all the glory going to their predecessors. This horrible thought pattern has left Nigeria the abandoned project capital of the world.

And by the way, just to correct a statement you made (probably out of ignorance) above, "we actually need more than 27 General hospitals in Imo state" and Rochas did very well in starting them. If there are any which arent complete and Rochas' successors refuse to complete them, it would be extremely silly to blame Rochas for the failure in continuity by his successors. We need to get rid of this messed up mentality.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Imo1stson: 9:32am On Feb 06, 2018
One of the Universities.

Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 06, 2018
Imo1stson:
One of the Universities.
Scam !!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by anyimontana(m): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2018
Imo1stson:

They are all at least 90% completed. Okorocha is a man of action.
bros,aga aju onye?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo by AlanTuringAI: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2018
Imagine having this sort of blockheads along with Buhari as leaders. Really pathetic situation in Nigeria. Idiots like this are the reasons certificates of Nigerian universities will continue to be undervalued outside the shores of this country, setting up glorified secondary schools and sub-standard degree mills here and there. IMSU is not even rated top 40 in this country and this dimwit goes ahead setting up other mushroom universities that would be obviously starved of funding and infrastructure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Important Tips About NDA AFSB / A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK / WAEC Releases Nov/dec 2015 GCE Result, 48% Pass Recorded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.