Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Funai Holds Orientation Program For Freshmen - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funai Holds Orientation Program For Freshmen (307 Views)

Student Affairs Unit Holds Orientation For Freshmen Of AE-FUNAI / Uniuyo Releases Academic Calendar For Freshmen / 2017/2018 Hostel Accommodation Advert For Freshmen Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Funai Holds Orientation Program For Freshmen by cyborgFUNAI: 8:23pm On Feb 05, 2018
The Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo (FUNAI), Ebonyi State recently held an orientation program for its 2017/2018 freshmen at the university auditorium. The orientation program which lasted for two days provided an opportunity for the freshmen to be acquainted with the history, dynamics, rules and regulations as well as other important aspects of the University.
Addressing the freshmen for the first time, the Vice-chancellor, Professor Chinedum Nwajiuba said: ‘’I welcome you my beloved Children and Freshmen to Federal University, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo,I am indeed delighted to have you here and I assure you of a pleasant and fruitful stay as long as you remain obedient and diligent, abiding by the rules and regulations guiding this institution. You have at your disposal qualified personnel in both academic and non-academic fields to put you through your endeavors while on Campus.”

He noted that out of the eleven thousand plus applicants, they were the chosen few, urging them to breast up as the battle was not over yet, adding that the only way to success in this kind of institution is for them to study hard.
Hear him: “This is a no-nonsense school. Now let me shock you. In the last academic session, a total of two hundred and thirty (230) students were sent home and about two hundred and twenty five (225) students were placed on probation. So you see my children, the only option for you is to study hard; there is no other way out.”
Rounding off his speech, the Vice-chancellor further noted that FUNAI is the first and only university in the entire country whose students are sent for National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program barely three months upon graduation and urged them to also engage in healthy extra-curricular activities on the campus like sports in order to keep a healthy life.

The Vice Chancellor who was earlier represented by his deputy, Professor Sunday Elom had stated that the university is a different kind of institution, where things are being done differently, stressing that the freshmen were lucky to be among the few who were chosen to study in the university after a very transparent selection process. He therefore urged them to take their studies seriously and shun such vices as cultism, examination malpractice, drugs abuse and the likes in order to excel academically. He further enjoined them to place God first in their lives for without Him they may not be able to far in life.
In his opening remarks, the Dean of student affairs, Dr. Charles Okolie urged the freshmen not to compromise their academic pursuit in any form as that was a quick ticket for either rustication or expulsion from the University.
He said: ‘’We sincerely believe that we have carefully selected you freshmen as the best from the bulk of other applicants, so I charge you to remain focused in your academic pursuit here in FUNAI-The home of soaring eagles. The orientation program is fully loaded to give u more insights on the rules and regulations guiding this prestigious institution and all you need to know about FUNAI.”

He maintained that FUNAI does not comprise on excellence and integrity, urging the freshmen to ensure they excel in their academics to avoid been placed on probation or sent home for poor academic performance, enjoining them to also ensure they exhibit good character as academic degree is awarded for both excellence in character and in learning.
Different papers were presented at the event to prepare the freshmen for a fruitful stay in the University. Some of the topics espoused include: An Overview of the University’s history, Organizational Structure and Other Relevant Matters.; How to use the University Library Effectively for Studies and Research; Security and Safety on Campus; How to make Good Academic Grades, SERVICOM and You, University Academic Rules and Regulations, Evils of Cultism, Drug Abuse, Prostitution and Other Vices; Sports in FUNAI; Ikwo people and their Culture and other mouth-watering presentation geared towards galvanizing the freshmen to be better and well-grounded students.
.”

A cross section of the freshmen sinking the university song during the orientation program

(1) (Reply)

Requirements For Lautech Verification Exercise For 2017/18 Freshers / Yoruba Now A Compulsory Admission Requirement In Lagos Tertiary Institutions / Funai Vice-chancellor Presents Two Years Scorecard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.