Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip (18417 Views)

Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) / Samson Switchblade,World's 1st 2-Seater Flying Sports Car Goes On Sale Next Year / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 06, 2018
That was cool but can't function well in a country like Nigeria. Those Lagos boys will first break the front cameras and the car won't be able to see again....then accident follows cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by talk2emma: 8:39am On Feb 06, 2018
michlins:
What happens to our crude oil when all these happens to vars

We will use it and cook soup

1 Like

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by ellizy(m): 9:50am On Feb 06, 2018
Automotive1:
[img]https:///a/img924/7212/LEZ92P.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img924/3392/k3oWJr.jpg[/img]

On the 2nd of feb 2018, Hyundai successfully completed trial runs in South Korea with the world’s first self-driving fuel cell vehicles.

They sent a convoy of five self-driving cars on a full 196 kilometers (118 miles) road trip from Seoul to Pyeongchang, South Korea, site of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

The convoy fitted with level 4 autonomous technology and 5G wifi consisted of five cars, three of which were modified Hyundai Nexo hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles and the other two were modified Genesis G80 sedans from the automaker's luxury brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz6FDTXjihI

The "cruise" and "set" buttons were pressed on each car by engineers before computers took over control.

The zero emissions Hyundai autonomous cars travelling at highway speeds of 62-68mph joined the motorway full of traffic, changed lanes, overtook other cars and even navigated through toll booths using South Korea's wireless payment system.

The cars use a series of Radar and Lidar sensors, cameras and a GPS locator to recognise nearby cars and also the width and position of objects like toll gates.

If the GPS signal goes down like in an underground tunnel,hi-tech external sensors on the exterior kick in to keep it on track.

All this tech requires huge super computers onboard but the ultra-efficient 500-mile hydrogen engine was able to deliver enough power for the systems and to drive the car, through a reaction between hydrogen and oxygen in the fuel cell stack, with the only tail pipe emission being water vapour.

Hyundai sees commercialization of Level 4 vehicles taking place in 2021, though only in what it calls "pilot smart cities," or locations tailored to be connected enough to make the implementation of autonomous tech easier. "Fully" autonomous driving would be at commercial level by 2030.

The Future self-driving cars don't have to be pure electric vehicles, and Hyundai is determined to prove it. What do you think?

Source : https://autojosh.com/watch-worlds-first-self-driving-hydrogen-car-complete-record-118-mile-trip/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44
here in naija, kolewerk. if you drive to avoid batching other cars, they will drive to batch your car
talk2emma:

We will use it and cook soup
Automotive1:
[img]https:///a/img924/7212/LEZ92P.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img924/3392/k3oWJr.jpg[/img]

On the 2nd of feb 2018, Hyundai successfully completed trial runs in South Korea with the world’s first self-driving fuel cell vehicles.

They sent a convoy of five self-driving cars on a full 196 kilometers (118 miles) road trip from Seoul to Pyeongchang, South Korea, site of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

The convoy fitted with level 4 autonomous technology and 5G wifi consisted of five cars, three of which were modified Hyundai Nexo hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles and the other two were modified Genesis G80 sedans from the automaker's luxury brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz6FDTXjihI

The "cruise" and "set" buttons were pressed on each car by engineers before computers took over control.

The zero emissions Hyundai autonomous cars travelling at highway speeds of 62-68mph joined the motorway full of traffic, changed lanes, overtook other cars and even navigated through toll booths using South Korea's wireless payment system.

The cars use a series of Radar and Lidar sensors, cameras and a GPS locator to recognise nearby cars and also the width and position of objects like toll gates.

If the GPS signal goes down like in an underground tunnel,hi-tech external sensors on the exterior kick in to keep it on track.

All this tech requires huge super computers onboard but the ultra-efficient 500-mile hydrogen engine was able to deliver enough power for the systems and to drive the car, through a reaction between hydrogen and oxygen in the fuel cell stack, with the only tail pipe emission being water vapour.

Hyundai sees commercialization of Level 4 vehicles taking place in 2021, though only in what it calls "pilot smart cities," or locations tailored to be connected enough to make the implementation of autonomous tech easier. "Fully" autonomous driving would be at commercial level by 2030.

The Future self-driving cars don't have to be pure electric vehicles, and Hyundai is determined to prove it. What do you think?

Source : https://autojosh.com/watch-worlds-first-self-driving-hydrogen-car-complete-record-118-mile-trip/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44
here in naija, kolewerk. if you drive to avoid batching other cars, they will drive to batch your car

1 Like

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Xerox01(m): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2018
[/color]
imami00:
Cool. Not far fetched after all. I did something similar in my final year project, a prototype though. I had a total of about 8 sensors (not Lidar though) of which my supervisor made me program every thing all by myself without any assistance from him. I even had indicators to signal when the vehicle was about changing lanes. Those of you who studied Electrical/Electronics Engineer in Nigerian university can attest to that. I’m glad it worked, but I didn’t even get an ‘A’ after all the time wasted.
[color=#000000]
Boss I'm following you sharp. Just got admitted to study electrical and electronics engineering. Dash me your WhatsApp number abeg
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 06, 2018
Meanwhile, we're busy here having pointless religious and trabalist conflicts that won't help our country or us as individuals in any way. People's hearts these days dey like stone aswer.
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by ately1(m): 11:42am On Feb 06, 2018
BUYING FROM COTONOU GIVES YOU THE OPPORTUNITY OF SAVING UP TO 200K COMPARE TO BUYING FROM NIGERIA DEALERS.
WE CUT OFF DEALERS PROFIT FOR YOUR SAKE.YOU WILL BUY DIRECTLY FROM COTONOU PORT. AND WE WILL TAKE CARE OF ALL THE LOGISTICS
FOR THE CAR TO GET TO YOUR COMPOUND.
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Akagas(m): 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2018
this id awesome
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by Akagas(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2018
this is awesome, just like my final year project that's was "hybrid technology in power generation in Nigeria (commingling of gas turbine to solid- oxide fuel cell" and it was wahoo! but i need someone to take me to Europe or Asia for M.Eng in that.
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by intruder15(m): 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2018
imami00:
Cool. Not far fetched after all. I did something similar in my final year project, a prototype though. I had a total of about 8 sensors (not Lidar though) of which my supervisor made me program every thing all by myself without any assistance from him. I even had indicators to signal when the vehicle was about changing lanes. Those of you who studied Electrical/Electronics Engineer in Nigerian university can attest to that. I’m glad it worked, but I didn’t even get an ‘A’ after all the time wasted.

some people think Nigeria don't have the mental capacity to produce vehicles with recent trends in manufacturing. that's a big lie. we have the mind. we have the brain. we have the people (u included).
what's lacking is the government. if u were born mid 19th century(buhari,tinubu,OBJ) u can't think like those born late 19th century (the youths). am sure buhari don't even know about this recent trend in automobile industries.
its up to us to elect someone that is younger, vibrant and a technophile. someone who is not against technology advancement. who isn't afraid of nuclear energy which is more efficient than gas powered turbine energies.

the future lies in our hands.
the future lies in our PVC.

1 Like

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by rs172(m): 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
jaxxy:
I like d way the whites think. Even the Asians. What are the blacks thinking about?

how to make a woman cum...
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by biosystech: 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2018
Amazing how the world is moving forward and trying to get their dependency off oil. It is my solemn prayer that we sit up and produce for ourselves.

Follow my signature to buy your fairly used clean laptop.
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by natznext(m): 6:51am On Feb 07, 2018
abejide1000:
That was cool but can't function well in a country like Nigeria. Those Lagos boys will first break the front cameras and the car won't be able to see again....then accident follows cheesy cheesy cheesy
Might just fit in at Eko Atlantic
Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by mechanics(m): 10:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
wow, the car make sense.

1 Like

Re: Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip by tck2000(m): 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2019
icedfire:
I am more interested in the hydrogen cells? how was it converted? could there be hope form cars running on water in the near future?
i wonder too

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Man Miraculously Survived A Ghastly Trailer Crush At Tincan Apapa / Bodo Buschmann – Founder Of Brabus Dies At 62 / The Roadx Motorsports Launch Party In Lagos (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.