Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,090 members, 7,953,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:05 PM

I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. (4119 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / N90million Koenigsegg Regera’s Key Is The Most Expensive Car Key In The World / What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. by mayor2013: 7:48am On Feb 08, 2018
Alexkene:
Thanks. You have been helpful.

Remember I said that the original key was lost in the Auction where the car was bought in USA and they programmed a metal chip key for the car, which then came with it to Nigeria.

So, I should be expecting to see two keys in the antitheft system. 1. The one that came with the car from the U.S and 2. the one that I recently programmed in Oyingbo.

Any other key in the antitheft means my assertions are right ??

Ps: the image below is the kind of key that came with the car from US.

You can never be sure that way. Don't forget no one has time to start deleting key information on the immobiliser unit. It's necessary in some cases of programming but not in your case. Car was bought brand new in the US. Last owner in the US might not have had previous key info deleted.

Note:There is a maximum to it not to forget
Re: I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:23am On Feb 08, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol. Sell the car and but another one, this time don't give key to anyone to program. Since u are so paranoid that is the only time u will have rest of mind.

he should buy volvo XC90

1 Like

Re: I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. by diportivo: 11:21am On Feb 08, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

he should buy volvo XC90

leave my recently acquired ride out of this paranoia case Pls tongue

Re: I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. by temmym4(m): 4:41pm On Feb 08, 2018
lol. i understand your predicament bros.

I was once in your similar shoe.

I bought my car used, and the only key it has was not so good, it was difficult to start the vehicle with the key.

i decided to cut a new one.

I was still a novice then so the man decided to play smart by buying a cheaper key compared to my original one.
My original key was built with a transponder chip, the one he bought was ordinary. so he removed the chip in the key, unscrew the ignition area and glued the chip there. Then he cut a new key (ordinary key without chip) .

I noticed something wasn't right, he brought d key to test the stuff, it work then he didn't return the original key immediately, instead his apprentice came and stayed with me beside d car suspiciously. I knew something was wrong.
1. That tiny thing that was removed and glued on the neck of my car
2. The apprentice that was standing close to me.

Somethin just said to me, go check what he is doing in the shop... I just matched staright to the shop, entered through the main door and not standing at the customer waiting area this time...
I saw the guy cutting another key again from my original. He paused when he saw me, then continued.
That was when i knew something was actually wrong.
He came back and told me he is trying to make 1 more key for me (as if i asked for it). I paid him and drove off, but that actually marked the first day of my worries.

I cant park in a place for long without seeing a vision of the man coming to carry my car with the extra key he would have made for himself. grin

When i couldnt sleep again, i decided to take the car to someone else who made a new key with the chip inserted into it. With this, only one key can start the engine while others can only open the trunk and door. That was when i had peace grin grin

My advice, reprogram your vehicle, and with new keys, transponders and chip. That is when you will be satisfied and stop bn paranoid, sleep well and not dreaming of key programmers stealing your car grin
Re: I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. by valarinz: 1:32am On Feb 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

he should buy volvo XC90

Re: I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:06am On Feb 09, 2018
[quote author=valarinz post=64907246][/quote]
baba how u dey na?
Re: I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. by valarinz: 7:58am On Feb 09, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

baba how u dey na?

Good sir, anything for the boys?? wink
Re: I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:15am On Feb 10, 2018
valarinz:

Good sir, anything for the boys?? wink

nothing much oh sir, I'm just looking for a good 03-06 Camry in SE to purchase.... abeg if u get contact gimme oh
Re: I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. by SpaceAngel: 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
The sad thing is that the op will still suspect the next person that will do the key job for him the same way he is suspecting the first one. My advice is that he should do comprehensive insurance and if possible install tracking device. It will even be worse for him taking the car to a company because he will not be there when the technicians are doing the programming. He will even imagine more scary things happening to his car. grin
Re: I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. by valarinz: 11:33am On Feb 11, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

nothing much oh sir, I'm just looking for a good 03-06 Camry in SE to purchase.... abeg if u get contact gimme oh

OK sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need A New Car / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz!! / How To Bleed Bmw E46 Brake Abs Unit With Inpa Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.