Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Please Beware Of Fraudster Messages On Bvn - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Please Beware Of Fraudster Messages On Bvn (602 Views)

Please Beware Of This People Advertising And Selling Electronics Online / 85 Happy New Year 2019 Messages, New Year SMS & Wishes To Send To Loved Ones / 100 Happy New Year 2018 Messages, SMS & Wishes To Send To Your Loved Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Beware Of Fraudster Messages On Bvn by aydought: 1:52pm On Feb 06, 2018
Dear Nairalanders,

Please beware of messages to your phone from fraudsters. I just received this sms message from 08110388446 today, 6th February 2018: "ALERT - DEAR CUSTOMERS, YOUR ATM CARD/ACCT.... HAS BEEN BLOCKED DUE TO BVN SYSTEM UPGRADE, KINDLY CALL OUR HELPLINE ON 09062336189 TO OPEN IT UNDER 24 HOURS"

The idea is for you to call the number and you will be lured to reveal your account details so that they can swindle you. For me, I am well informed on such tactics and I call the purported Helpline to warn that such messages should never be sent to my phone again. The guy that picked the phone quickly dropped after I passed my message and I called him again to re-emphasize this. Screenshot is shown below:

Re: Please Beware Of Fraudster Messages On Bvn by billynoni(m): 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2018
Thank you OP, i have been waiting for something like this......imagine the number they sent the text to was not even linked with any bank account! Nairalander should just help me flash these numbers tire till their phone battery red

(1) (Reply)

Senator Adeleke Showing His Dancing Skill At The Wedding Dinner Of Famil18 In Ab / Meet The Lucky Unilorin Alumni Contesting For Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria / Inside Gordon’s Playground, Launch Of New Gordons Sunset Orange & Pink Berry Gin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.