Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. (1610 Views)

Funny Recent Jamb Questions / Review Of Some Related Literature As It Relates To Company Law / I Need Your Advice On These Issues As It Relates To My Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. by Fant(m): 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2010
Please, i want everyone of us to critically consider this and give logical suggestion. This is some of the experience which many people in my area had. On the day of UTME, they assembled at the door posts of their various centres, when their names were called, they then went in for the exams. They collected their answer sheets, and every thing was correct. But when the question paper came, their numbers were on it but the subject combinations were wrong. For instance, a person who registered ENGLIS, GOVERNMENT, CRK and LIT IN ENGLISH got the question paper carrying his seat number {408} but the subject combination was ENGLISH, MATHEMATICS, ECONOMICS AND GOVERNMENT. Now the person sitting before him {407} was a science student but has his combination as ENGLISH, CRK, GOVERNMENT and LIT IN ENGLISH. So, when the invigilator was called upon, it was noticed that this mistake was the same with everyone in that hall, but other halls in that same centre did not experience same problem. After the whole thing some JAMB officials who came decided to swap this papers {i,e they collected the paper carrying 407 from the owner since it was not his subjects and gave it to the person with 408 since it was his subjects, and this was what they did to everybody in that hall who had the same problem. }. Now, the questio n is: 1, what will happen to their results since the paper types are not the same? 2, what will happen to someone who did not shade in the paper type he was using on the answer sheet. Please i need to get your replies urgently so as to encourage them. Thanks as you respond.
Re: Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. by David2020(m): 9:48am On Apr 20, 2010
Helo my friend i like ur question and ur curiosity. First what you should consider is ur answer sheet. the question papper is just a medium where u can answer from. so its what you shade in ur answer sheet that the computer will recognise. Example. i was given maths, English, Govt, Econs and paper type is 425 instead of 426 and someone else is have eng, govt, crs and lit in eng. which is suppose to be mine own. all we do is make and exchange. Now where the solution comes is the marking process. ur English is type D, Govt type A, Crs type G, Lit in Eng Type B. The computer has series and it will follow the series meaning that all the types wll be marking accordingly not minding ur question paper type. if you shade type D as english on ur answer sheet, the computer will follow the series. meaning that all those that has Paper type D as english the computer will mark. well, you should have no cause to be afraid, since this year, there were lots of errors with the UTME the case i experienced in my centre in OAU our registration number was different and that for all those in the centre they said they will rectify it. so i believe they no what to do the only thing is that be surre u've not cheated cos the answers they sent were diffrent and if you follow it, you will end up failing the exam.
Re: Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. by Fant(m): 3:45pm On Apr 20, 2010
David2020, i honestly appreciate your concern. In your illustration, you made me understand that if someone shaded D for instance as his paper type in English, the computer will simply follow that series {i.e mark the paper according to type D arrangement}. Now, in a situation where someone forgot to indicate his paper type on the answer sheet by shading correctly the NO 1 Question on the answer sheet, how will the computer determine the paper which you were given and subsiquently mark your sheet according to that paper type?. Thanks once more for your atleast you have been able to instill courage into someone.
Re: Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. by David2020(m): 6:01pm On Apr 20, 2010
There iis this new identification method that UTME brought out for those that made the mistake of shding their papper type. all no 1 subjects questions were bonus. That you are asking as a bonus question, what is ur paper type? if you shade D the computer starts from there. And jamb will use this method to fail somaany students cos they will believe that failing no 1 answer means that you are a cheat. also, it will be programmed in the computer to start so. I would hhave love to explain the making method cos its a computer programme that is used for this scheme of marking.
Re: Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. by Fant(m): 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2010
Thank you so much, i now clearly understand what you are talking about. Let's just hope for a very excellent result. I heard that in two days time the results would be out but i am somewhat in doubt of that. Also, let me ask you. If you check the UTME card, you will see that at the front of the card, it was written E-registration and result checking card. Does this mean that we will not be required to buy another card in order to check our results as it was done the previous years? Thanks
Re: Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. by Folons: 8:39am On Apr 21, 2010
@david pls my c.r.s does not have type but all d remaining subject have type.pls i will like 2 no may be it can affect my result or it happens 2 everyone.tanw 2 ur reply
Re: Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. by Folons: 8:40am On Apr 21, 2010
@david pls my c.r.s does not have type but all d remaining subject have type.pls i will like 2 no may be it can affect my result or it happens 2 everyone.tanw 2 ur reply
Re: Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. by davidayo: 12:11pm On Apr 21, 2010
This is still me david2020. My name is david ayobbami. my account was blocked cos of too much mails which was considered as spam. As to the answer to ur question, crs was not given a paper type so you just leave it that was also for those took other subjects, it may or may not be so. but which ever way, Jamb knows how to rectify their faults. where the problem lies is that if you cheat and it was detected, ur ppapers will be cancled.
Re: Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. by djayxpro: 9:17am On Apr 22, 2010
@fant
regarding ur quest about switchin 407 and 408,d computer would not respect dat! If d 407person who received 408 scores high,it's gonna be a blessing to d 408 guy and vice versa!
About not shading type,me no know for sure sha, but i THINK it may not be marked cuz, as someone earlier said, d type determines how d paper is marked by the computer. And mind u, no matter how much we dont want to believe dis, the computer doesn't think; it obeys the instructor. U guys heard dat 80% lagosians scored below 200. If dats true, then WOW!!
Re: Please, Let Us Critically Consider This And Make Suggestions As It Relates To The Recent Jamb. by Fant(m): 12:16am On Apr 24, 2010
Everyone in the house, please i need your candid opinion on this. I told you earlier that i did not shade in my paper type in Lit in English. Now, the result is out but the literature was not marked. And this has drastically reduced my score. But i am very determined to recover these valuable marks. So i need your sincere advice on how i can do this. I will be expecting your replies. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Poly / Do You Have Futo Result Checking Problems? / Lasu 2010/2011 Newly Admitted Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.