Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate Pres. Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate Pres. Saraki (598 Views)

Buhari Loyalists Kick Against Adedayo’s Appointment As Spokesman For Senate Pres / Just In: Court Orders Arrest Of CCB Chairman Over El Rufai's Assets Declaration / How Saraki Bribed CCT Chairman To Dismiss CCT Charges - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate Pres. Saraki by bumi10(m): 5:50pm On Feb 06, 2018
I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate President, Bukola Saraki

The Senate President of Nigeria, Sen. Bukola Saraki has sympathised with Danladi Umar, chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), over his case with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). The CCT chairman is being accused of receiving gratification to influence a case that was before him.

For this, the anti-graft agency filed a two-count charge against him. But in a series of tweets and just before the commencement of the resumption of his CCT trial on Tuesday, Saraki said he found it amusing that the EFCC thinks Umar has a case to answer after it cleared him in 2016.

The senate president expressed his confidence in the judiciary to do justice. In Sen. Bukola Saraki's words;

“I sympathize with the chairman of the tribunal, Mr. Danladi Umar, for his travail in the hands of the EFCC which suddenly woke up four days to the resumption of this case to file criminal charges against him,” he tweeted.

“You will recall that in April 2016, when our lawyers asked the Tribunal Chairman to recuse himself from our case, because of the criminal investigation against him, the EFCC swiftly cleared Mr. Umar of any wrongdoing. "Now, I find it amusing, that in a dramatic turnaround, this same EFCC now thinks that Mr. Umar has a case to answer just before the commencement of my case before him. What has changed since April 2016?

“As much as many Nigerians want to continue to believe that this my case is merely about asset declaration irregularities, the maneuvers, manipulation, intrigues, schemes, and “House of Cards” nature of this whole case proves otherwise. "I really wonder whether those who genuinely love this government appreciate the damage that all this is doing to our so-called ‘War Against Corruption.’

“However, in all of this, my confidence in the judiciary and its ability to do justice in all cases, remains unshaken.”

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/02/i-sympathize-with-cct-chairman-over-his.html

cc mynd44 missyb3 lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate Pres. Saraki by sarrki(m): 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2018
Leader of the criminal PDP online miscreants
Re: I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate Pres. Saraki by Homeboiy: 5:53pm On Feb 06, 2018
grin see animal pushing a hunter
Re: I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate Pres. Saraki by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2018
I also sympathize with you Umar. Your sin was letting Saraki off the hook the first time. FG just pushed a frog down your throat. Even though I believe both you and Saraki are crooks but then, so also is Buhari, Magu and everyone in government including Osibanjo. But then FG must prove you are guilty beyond any doubt of reason to a court and not by arm twisting the Judge
Re: I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate Pres. Saraki by sarrki(m): 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
This guy is a confirmed criminals

You will know the scores in 2019

You have to slug it out in your constituency first before coming to the Federal
Re: I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate Pres. Saraki by TheFreeOne: 6:04pm On Feb 06, 2018
Saraki knows some people are squeezing Umar balls in a bid to ensure he lose his own case.

It's all a countdown game of 2019 chess cheesy

Who gets checkmated 1st is what we await to see.
Re: I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate Pres. Saraki by buhariguy(m): 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2018
See this idiotic pig of a criminal,
This is not a secret,
Saraki must go down

1 Like

Re: I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate Pres. Saraki by LORDOFAFONJAS: 6:10pm On Feb 06, 2018
sarrki:
Leader of the criminal PDP online miscreants
He is innocent until proven otherwise by a competence court

(1) (Reply)

Shekau Releases New Video, Vows To Keep Fighting Against Nigeria, Western Educat / SHOCKING: MONKEY ALLEGEDLY CART AWAY WITH N70-MILLION FROM A FARM / Senator Victor Umeh Is A Trustworthy Politician – Bishop Ezeokafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.