Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New (1834 Views)

Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This / Where Do You Keep Your Phone When You Sleep? / Swap Your Phone When Tired Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by edewojames(m): 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2018
I reserve what I taught. But I am asking you guys and ladies here. Because its very important. The way Nigerians patronise second hand smart phones is alarming especially in Alaba and ikeja market. Why would someone pay 80k to buy an iPad (second hand) when he/she can use that money to buy a new smartphone?
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by nenergy(m): 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
Nigerians have grown from buying devices based on budget alone, they now require certain specifications. So it makes sense to buy a fairly used samsung J7 than a Tecno Spark k9

11 Likes

Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by edewojames(m): 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2018
More comment please
nenergy:
Nigerians have grown from buying devices based on budget alone, they now require certain specifications. So it makes sense to buy a fairly used samsung J7 than a Tecno Spark k9
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by kkc1: 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
Someone should help me with the name of this phone below:

Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by Gptech(m): 7:53am On Feb 07, 2018
kkc1:
Someone should help me with the name of this phone below:
Xiaomi Redmi note 5, so far that design has been a rumour, the front especially will likely not turn out to be.

1 Like

Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by austinereds(m): 8:05am On Feb 07, 2018
No 1 is budget. most reasons circle around it. another is to belong . you know all these followership thing. devout and loyal fans.
No 2 is specifications. this one is another big factor. example is chipsets segregation, Processor, Ram and Rom sizes, camera, etc.
Also brand Name is another factor take a demograph of fairly used phones purchased you'll see.

2 Likes

Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by henrixx(m): 9:57am On Feb 07, 2018
nenergy:
well said

1 Like

Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by edewojames(m): 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
austinereds:
No 1 is budget. most reasons circle around it. another is to belong . you know all these followership thing. devout and loyal fans.
No 2 is specifications. this one is another big factor. example is chipsets segregation, Processor, Ram and Rom sizes, camera, etc.
Also brand Name is another factor take a demograph of fairly used phones purchased you'll see.
Thanks bro.
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by edewojames(m): 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
henrixx:
well said
Thanks alot
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by tafat: 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
says who? the tecno k9 is a great device and buying a new one of it is superb,you could even buy the new camon cm.thats cool too
nenergy:
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by Kaybaba5(m): 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
Why wasting money on high end phone when I can buy his Belgium or uk used with shekele money.instead of putting money on low end phone
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by Eazi1(m): 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2018
tafat:
says who? the tecno k9 is a great device and buying a new one of it is superb,you could even buy the new camon cm.thats cool too
hmmmm
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by Mustack: 10:55am On Feb 11, 2018
I have learn to buy electronic not second hand but new... No matter what it is coming as second fiddle have something in question.
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by Darkseid(m): 12:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
If you buy a brand new Tecno Phantom phone for 100k today and decide to sell it tomorrow, trust me, nobody will price it above 60k but if you should buy a clean used Samsung S6 for 50k and maintain it well for a year, you can still sell it above 40k.

Also if everybody decides to buy new phones, who would buy the one you are tired of using?
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by Opistorincos(m): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
My one one only reason is value for money. If you know the right places to look, you will get second hand phones at ridiculous prices and no, they are not stolen phones. I am talking about legit phones directly from the first buyer, clean ones for that matter, so what's the sense in buying a new iphone 6 for almost 100k when i get get it for 45k or less?
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by henrixx(m): 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
Opistorincos:
My one one only reason is value for money. If you know the right places to look, you will get second hand phones at ridiculous prices and no, they are not stolen phones. I am talking about legit phones directly from the first buyer, clean ones for that matter, so what's the sense in buying a new iphone 6 for almost 100k when i get get it for 45k or less?
who sell clean iPhone 6 for you for 45k or less if not stolen.

Guy calm down
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by Opistorincos(m): 2:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
henrixx:
who sell clean iPhone 6 for you for 45k or less if not stolen.

Guy calm down

I frequent offerup and I have seen lots of perfectly working iphone 6 for $100
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by calddon(m): 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
A wounded lion is far better than a healthy ekuruke.
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by Sunkyphil(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
Av never bought a second hand phone
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by edewojames(m): 9:25am On Feb 12, 2018
Darkseid:
If you buy a brand new Tecno Phantom phone for 100k today and decide to sell it tomorrow, trust me, nobody will price it above 60k but if you should buy a clean used Samsung S6 for 50k and maintain it well for a year, you can still sell it above 40k.

Also if everybody decides to buy new phones, who would buy the one you are tired of using?

Nice one bro. Thanks
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by PureMe01: 9:31am On Feb 12, 2018
tafat:
see dem.tecno marketers.dem don show.abeg dis thread should not be bored already by tecno peeps who use Samsung fones and devices but market tecno scraps to their fools who they think say no sabi better tin
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by Daniealah(m): 11:12am On Feb 12, 2018
I Buy What My Money Can Aford, I Don't Buy Secondhand Of Anything.
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by sureinfo: 7:42am On Feb 16, 2018
Very true, I wonder why I'll buy a second hand phone with that much money when I can just get a brand new camon cm
edewojames:
I reserve what I taught. But I am asking you guys and ladies here. Because its very important. The way Nigerians patronise second hand smart phones is alarming especially in Alaba and ikeja market. Why would someone pay 80k to buy an iPad (second hand) when he/she can use that money to buy a new smartphone?
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by tafat: 10:15am On Feb 16, 2018
Cute, I've never been a fan of seconds hand devices ever. I love my things new. That camon CM is cool too
sureinfo:
Very true, I wonder why I'll buy a second hand phone with that much money when I can just get a brand new camon cm
Re: Hey! Phone Lovers. Why Would You Buy A Second Hand Phone When You Can Buy A New by henry007(m): 10:46am On Feb 16, 2018
I bought used blackberries way back when coz i wanted a blackberry and the new one was too expensive.

The reason is that we want to experience phones that aren't in our budget.

Now, if i have 100K, i won't buy an iPhone 6, i would buy an Infinix Note 4 Pro or Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro coz I'm older and wiser lol

(1) (Reply)

Driving At Night Made Easy With Hd Night Vision / Redmi Note 7 For Sale(sold) / Tecno Android Smart Devices Zone;- Faq+answerz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.