Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 (1020 Views)

New Ps 3 Bluetooth Controller For Grabs Hurry......very Affordable With PICS / New PS 3 Console And FIFA 2012 (Sold) / New Ps 2 4 Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by MrMurdah: 11:20pm On Apr 19, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am having problems with my brand new PS 2.

When I power it shows me BROWZER and SYSTEM CONFIGURATION.

When I click a button it then shows me " there is no data".

I tool it back to Computer Village (where I bought it)

And it worked.

No Hassles.

Brought it home and tried it and I'm still having the same problems.

I have looked at the manual several times.

Could it be the TV?

The Cable?

Someone had his problem before or who can help me out?

Thanks.
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by agoro2u: 11:30pm On Apr 19, 2010
it could b cable or power current bt try it wit stabilizer. pls ao much U bought it?
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by MrMurdah: 12:32am On Apr 20, 2010
21K.

I doubt if it's power current.

It actually loads, I see Sony Entertainment e.t.c, but the game does not just play.

And the same cable was used in computer village and it worked.
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by kosovo(m): 8:22am On Apr 20, 2010
was it the same CD, you used at the computer village?
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by MrMurdah: 9:06am On Apr 20, 2010
It was the same CD.

But I plan on trying a different CD and TV let's see how it pans out.

Is it possible for a TV not to have the settings for PS2?
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by N9528GB: 1:57pm On Apr 20, 2010
Mr Murdah:

Hi Guys,

I am having problems with my brand new PS 2.

When I power it shows me BROWZER and SYSTEM CONFIGURATION.

When I click a button it then shows me " there is no data".

I tool it back to Computer Village (where I bought it)

And it worked.

No Hassles.

Brought it home and tried it and I'm still having the same problems.

I have looked at the manual several times.

Could it be the TV?

The Cable?

Someone had his problem before or who can help me out?

Thanks.

What exactly is your problem you facing with your brandnew ps2? Because one minute it does not load and another minute it loads to an extent give us full details so help us solve your problem
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by MrMurdah: 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2010
It loads but does not play.

The Sony Entertainment Network thingy comes on the screen.

But that's where it ends, BROWZER and SYSTEM CONFIGURATION comes on.

If I try to play the game, I get " There is no data".
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by N9528GB: 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2010
Mr Murdah:

It loads but does not play.

The Sony Entertainment Network thingy comes on the screen.

But that's where it ends, BROWZER and SYSTEM CONFIGURATION comes on.

If I try to play the game, I get " There is no data".

the game you trying to load are they original ps2 games or pirated ps2 cd's? eg gold or silver face or is your ps2 lens chipped?
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by MrMurdah: 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2010
It is chipped.

It is a pirated CD. I have been trying to play.

If I get an original CD will I be able to play without hassles despite the lens being chipped?
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by N9528GB: 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2010
Mr Murdah:

It is chipped.

It is a pirated CD. I have been trying to play.

If I get an original CD will I be able to play without hassles despite the lens being chipped?

thats very surprising but how come its already chipped and it does not play at ur house and it plays at where u bought it? Anyway an idea just came when typing this have you tried another pirated game? which cd's does your lens play gold face or silver/white face? Then more importantly try using another socket perhaps the voltage is quite low to load the game, because it once happened to a friend of mine his bedroom socket voltage were lower than the rest of the house and since you said it works perfeclty at the game shop where you bought it. Let me know how it goes because am interested in this issue.
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by N9528GB: 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2010
And finally is the ps2 brand new or used ps2 console?
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by MrMurdah: 10:17pm On Apr 20, 2010
@n95 will try another socket and game and let u know how it pans out.

With regards to the game i think its gold face.

cheers
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by kosovo(m): 7:31am On Apr 21, 2010
Mr Murdah , it has nothing to do with your TV set or AV wire. . .
It's either your lens is bad or you have a bad CD, try using some other cd,s some lens can play only gold or white cd, while others could play both. . . . Try using some other cd with a different color interface . . . if it does not work, then you have a problem with the lens . . .
Hope it works . . .
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by MrMurdah: 8:41am On Apr 21, 2010
Thanks I am on it!
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by kosovo(m): 7:08am On Apr 22, 2010
^^^^
Can u update us?
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by N9528GB: 9:51am On Apr 22, 2010
kosovo:

^^^^
Can u update us?

Dont mind him thats how I gave him advice till date nothing yet, I guess his ving fun with his ps2 without giving us feedback. Anyway am out of here.
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by kosovo(m): 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2010
^^^ lol cheesy
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by MrMurdah: 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2010
Dont mind him thats how I gave him advice till date nothing yet, I guess his ving fun with his ps2 without giving us feedback. Anyway am out of here.

@ Kosovo

Patience is a virtue.

I have a day job.

I had 2 days off this allowed me to follow the thread pretty well.

Anyways I bought 3cds. 2 did not play, one played.

Based on what you have said I will study the interface and ensure whatever cds i buy thereafter have d same interface.

Is it normal for the game to be in black and white? grin
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by N9528GB: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2010
Mr Murdah:

@ Kosovo

Patience is a virtue.

I have a day job.

I had 2 days off this allowed me to follow the thread pretty well.

Anyways I bought 3cds. 2 did not play, one played.

Based on what you have said I will study the interface and ensure whatever cds i buy thereafter have d same interface.

Is it normal for the game to be in black and white? grin

meaning what? if you had patience has you preach why not solve your ps2 problem before coming here on nl for help, all the same good to hear you are making progress.
Re: I Am Having Problems With Brand New Ps 2 by kosovo(m): 6:21am On Apr 23, 2010
@Mr Murdah
Is it normal for the game to be in black and white?
No Sir,

(1) (Reply)

I Need Cheap Ps3 Games :) :) / Wow! So It Is True That One Can Make Cool Cash While On Facebook?check Out! / First Time Useing Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.