Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students (648 Views)

Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. / Titi Abubakar Showers Gifts On Orphans as she Organizes End of The Year Party / Oba Of Benin Organizes Send-off Ceremony For Adams Oshiomole (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by Wemimoigida: 8:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
The Oyo State Government on Wednesday disclosed that thousands of students between the ages of 10 and 16 will benefit from the Airbus Little Engineer (ALE) robotics programme, saying that the training is in conjunction with the Airbus Foundation together with its partner, The Little Engineer.

The government said that the programme is part of its Oyo State Model Education System Interventions (OYOMESI) initiatives, stating that the training workshop will be held at five flagship schools commencing with Anglican Commercial Grammar School on Thursday, February 8, 2018 between 10am and 2pm.

The Special Adviser to Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Education, Dr Bisi Akin-Alabi explained that the goal of the workshop is to encourage students to understand and embrace technology as well as ignite a passion that could grow into an exciting STEM career, adding that it is also to prepare the state for a knowledge based future and make it a hub for producing knowledgeable competent workforce.

Dr Akin-Alabi disclosed that the four other recently renovated Cluster Learning Centres for the workshop include Lagelu Grammar School on March 9, St Anne’s School on March 16, IMG Sharp Corner on March 23 and Wesley College of Science on March 30, 2018.

She stressed that the beneficiaries will be trained in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), saying that some of the objectives of the workshop are for the students to understand the basics of robotics and why they are must in our lives, recognize the different parts available on the airplane, understand the concept of lift force created on an airplane and possess the ability to understand Basic programming

Other objectives according to Dr Akin-Alabi are for the students to create their own algorithm to develop a problem-solving robot, be aware that a huge industry is waiting for them and unleash their potential and nurture their passion so they can contribute efficiently to the future of Airbus.

According to her, “the Airbus Little Engineer A380 Assembly Workshop is a robotic workshop offered by Airbus Foundation for learners aged 12+ in the MENA region and now in Africa, to instil in youth the passion for Science Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). This workshop aims to introduce the students to the world of robotics and the aviation industry.

“The students will be acquainted with the A380 Airplane covering its development from the manufacturing phase in different countries to its final assembly in Toulouse or Hamburg. This workshop is a 4 hour educational activity that can host a maximum of 27 learners,” Dr Akin-Alabi said.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by amjustme2: 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
This is the kind of news I want to hear when I wake in the morning

1 Like

Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by eTECTIVe(m): 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
So of all aspects of science and technology dey could think of , its robotics?? For 4 hrs?? Make I laugh small. Afta d 4 hrs of confusing or convincing students wat nxt for dem

Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by deomelllo: 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
eTECTIVe:
So of all aspects of science and technology dey could think of , its robotics?? For 4 hrs?? Make I laugh small. Afta d 4 hrs of confusing or convincing students wat nxt for dem

I'm assuming you are laughing at yourself and your own ignorance because you don't know the importance of robotics per science and technology.

Why many of you are so mentally backward and grossly ignorant is still a misery...

1 Like

Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by Desyner: 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2018
deomelllo:

I'm assuming you are laughing at yourself and your own ignorance because you don't know the importance of robotics per science and technology.

Why many of you are so mentally backward and grossly ignorant is still a misery...
Will Aregbe do same for Osun or the students will just be doing group photo shoot with those empty buildings? I ask cos the teacher now farm to supplement their 'low pay'?
Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by deomelllo: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
[s]
Desyner:
Will Aregbe do same for Osun or the students will just be doing group photo shoot with those empty buildings? I ask cos the teacher now farm to supplement their 'low pay'?
[/s]

No time allocation for ignorant and unintelligent ipob trolls today...
Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by adem30: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
deomelllo:

We have thousands of those slowpoke on Nairand. They condemn everything while they have nothing in their brain. They are called 'Children of Hate'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by Desyner: 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
deomelllo:
[s]

No time allocation for ignorant and unintelligent ipob trolls today...[/s]
Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by jidamsel43(m): 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
Really. loyo tia
Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by eTECTIVe(m): 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
deomelllo:

D problem with e-diots is dat dey are so comfortable in ignorance dat dey feel it is blissful existence. I want to believe U have no idea what robotics or STEM really is or entails. Plss try nd use Google, it's still free den mayb jus maybe Ur sense might click and den U begin to understand my point. Stupidity is wen U are running ur mouth thinking U re making sense wen actually u are simply showing how confidently ignorant U are... I would have luvd to explain my post but it would b a waste of my tym
Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by deomelllo: 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
adem30:

We have thousands of those slowpoke on Nairand. They condemn everything while they have nothing in their brain. They are called 'Children of Hate'

She stressed that the beneficiaries will be trained in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), saying that some of the objectives of the workshop are for the students to understand the basics of robotics and why they are must in our lives, recognize the different parts available on the airplane, understand the concept of lift force created on an airplane and possess the ability to understand Basic programming

^^^^^^^^^^STEM and Robotics In Oyo state

Each team clearly demonstrated teamwork, professionalism and strategic thinking in solving the competition’s challenges,” said Martha McCabe, executive director of KC STEM Alliance, which funds and staffs the Kansas City Regional FIRST Robotics Competition. “It’s amazing to see how these students infuse others with their enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering and math. With the sustained support of the Kansas City community, this robotics competition will continue to grow and inspire students to study in the STEM fields.”

https://www.kcstem.org/2016/03/students-recognized-during-kc-robotics-competition/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^STEM and Robotics

Minds-i STEM Robotics Foundations Lab -

High School and Post Secondary STEM & Robotics Curriculum

This student LAB is designed to accompany the MINDS-i Foundations Curriculum as an introduction into the world of STEM and Robotics. It is designed as an interactive approach to applied science, technology, engineering and math. In this course students will become familiar with the basics of robotics and programming through teamwork.

https://tech-labs.com/products/stem

Ignorant and low grade mentality clown. STEM is the basic foundation of Robotics and STEM kids all over the world are not only into Robotics, STEM kids are competing in Robotics contests.

What STEM kids in America are doing is the same thing the Oyo state folks are talking about, Robotics and STEM.

Obviously, you are too ignorant and incompetent to educate yourself with google.
Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by deomelllo: 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2018

President Barack Obama gets down on his hands and knees as he looks at the inner workings of a robot that plays soccer, built by a team from Blue Bell, Pa., as he tours science projects on display in the State Dining Room of the White House. President Obama hosted the White House Science Fair for winners of a broad range of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) competitions. October 18, 2010. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2010/10/18/robots-solar-cars-and-rockets-white-house-science-fair

Robotics STEM kids at the white house with Obama.
Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by Desyner: 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
deomelllo:

^^^^^^^^^^STEM and Robotics In Oyo state

Each team clearly demonstrated teamwork, professionalism and strategic thinking in solving the competition’s challenges,” said Martha McCabe, executive director of KC STEM Alliance, which funds and staffs the Kansas City Regional FIRST Robotics Competition. “It’s amazing to see how these students infuse others with their enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering and math. With the sustained support of the Kansas City community, this robotics competition will continue to grow and inspire students to study in the STEM fields.”

https://www.kcstem.org/2016/03/students-recognized-during-kc-robotics-competition/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^STEM and Robotics

Ignorant and low grade mentality clown. STEM is the basic foundation of Robotics and STEM kids all over the world are not only into Robotics, STEM kids are competing in Robotics contests.

What STEM kids in America are doing is the same thing the Oyo state folks are talking about, Robotics and STEM.

Obviously, you are too ignorant and incompetent to educate yourself with google.

Stop googling stuff that's beyond you. IPOB brain . . .
Re: Oyo Organizes Robotic Training For Secondary Schools Students by deomelllo: 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
The long-term goal of US2020 will be to mobilize 1 million STEM mentors annually by the year 2020, creating millions of moments of discovery – those life changing events when children launch rockets, build robots, write a computer program, or look into the farthest reaches of the universe. Collectively - Obama

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2013/04/22/new-details-president-obama-host-white-house-science-fair

When such is advocated for school children in America, it is a good thing, but when the same thing is advocated for Nigerian schoold kids, it is a bad thing.

Sadly, we have dead and backward brain so called leaders of tomorrow rubbing around the internet spewing dumb and idiotic trash.

in fact, I used to think our old leaders are worthless and short of bright ideas, but many of our youths are even worse than the same old leaders.

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Pic Of APC Secretariat Demolition In Kaduna / Benard Odoh Resigns As Ebonyi SSG, Accuses Umahi Of Oppressing Exco Members / Senate Confirms President Buhari’s Nominees For Federal Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.