Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

How Some Students Improve Their Academic Learning Skills - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Some Students Improve Their Academic Learning Skills (509 Views)

How Students Home Background Affect Their Academic Performance / Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) / How Student Self-esteem Affects Their Academic Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Some Students Improve Their Academic Learning Skills by froshdimeji(m): 10:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Do You Know You Can Improve Your Academic Knowledge?

Hello reader, my name is Azeez Warith Olakunle, the CEO of waponpoint.com. I and a fellow tutor were teaching some students yesterday through one of our tutorial platform and something surprising happened. I was taking my students chemistry and physics with mathematics while he was taking them the use of English language and government in a different class hall but same location.
My candidates were fifteen why he's was 19, it always our attitude on waponpoint.com after any class session to have an interactive chat with students.So I asked my students that do they understand? out of those 15, 6 said they have understood{guess those are the fast learner} but they have to read more at home, 7 said they have also understood{average learner} but still need to study more on it at home, the other two{the slow learner} said, they did not understand that they have to study more on it by themselves to understand the topics being treated.

My colleague also received similar comments.

Do you notice one thing about those comments, they all required to read more on the class sessions regardless of how much they understood the class session.
We asked another question that, "Do You Write Note In Class"

Answer: all the fast learners said, most of the time they don't write note in class not to talk of write the note of the class they were unable to attend due to some reasons

The average learners said they do write note in class but most of the time doesn't write the note of class session they were unable to attend.

The slow learners said, they'll never miss any note, that if they fail to attend a class they will write the note being taken in class from cover to cover.

Note: level of seriousness was taking into consideration here and according to the stats the level of seriousness of the students is more than 70%
So I will tell you that all the candidates interviewed are serious and dedicated.
So if you are one of the lazy type, now is the best time fasten your belt and buckle up.

After their comments concerning note writing. We then first asked the fast learners, how did they cope? if they don't usually write note.

Answer: They said when they are in class, they would have already understood more than 70% of the class session, so writing the note doesn't really necessary because they will find the note less important and besides, {one of the students taking it personally} Why should i be reading note? when I can read more about the note given, he added that, if am only reading the note that means am only restricting myself to what my teacher has taught me without seeking for more knowledge, so instead he will go to the school library{this is a personal model, it doesn't mean you should also go to the library - look for what applicable to you} and look for more detailed information on the course being taught in class and also vendor into the Internet, seeking for more information which how he has discovered many resourceful websites, he also added that he have invested into some academic materials online both free and paid which he even mention some of our recommended products he has used in the past and recently.

So the fast learners concluded that, "Whatever we have been taught in class sticks, reading it again is like repeating a class, instead they look for something more challenging to work on.

The average learners agreed with the fast learners but they added that, "sometimes the challenging materials might get confusing, so in that kind of situation they bring out their more familiar written note and use it to decode the textbooks. They also mentioned that they have also bought digital academic products before. Some even show the ones they are using currently.

The slow learners said, from the word challenging, they are too challenging for us{they both agreed} which is why we never miss any note and stick to the note, just like how pastor sticks to its bible.

One of the average learners in complement with one of the fast learners challenge the slow learners that, "then you will never know more than what you have been taught in class" In reply to that, one of the slow learner said, we are all different and have different level of understanding, and the second slow learner agree with him. "at this point, I just left them to it and start observing.
"During their discussions, the fast learner said that, "being brilliant is not a gift but a reward for being hardworking"that quote touches i, myself.

After some challenging comments from the three sides, the slow learners asked that how can they also improve their learning skills. And their superior said, always focus in class, sit at the front sit if you have too, read more on what you have been taught in class, don't have the mentality of lazy students that "I cannot come and kill myself" and most importantly, he said in a compulsory manner, try to enroll for academic courses online. I added that the more smart you are, the tendency that you will be successful in life. "Smart People Are The Successful People"

After their long resourceful conversations they turn to me and asked for more ideas and I complemented what they have said and recommended some of academic materials they needed.
After the long resourceful conversation in the interactive session which I also learnt a lot of things, i decided to also let any students I come across to also gain from their thoughts and opinions and also from the recommended academic courses, the link will be stated below.

I and Uncle Asap{my colleague} have received some satisfaction comments from those students. Which students am I talking about, yes the one I taught yesterday and ask to make a move

You see, that is seriousness, they were told to do something yesterday and more than half of them have did what they are being told with the rest making moves today and thereafter.What actually distinguished serous, brilliant and dedicated students from others is that they are ready to move, no matter how. You can also make that move today and improve your knowledge skills, maybe you don't know, "your future is what you know today" so why not spend to improve what you have know now and what you did not know for your future than to spend money on something of today when you can sacrifice for tomorrow. Below is the link to the academic materials.

https://waponpoint.com/free-tips-to-improve-your-learning-skills/

also visit our recommended academic materials page below for other academic products and tools.

https://waponpoint.com/recommended-academic-materials

make a move today and be superior than others. Remember smart people are the most successful people

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

First Class Is Not A Yardstick For Measuring Success / The Relevance Of Logic To My Discipline / Delay In FUPRE Act Implementation, Fupre SUG President Break Out Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.