Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

U.s.$12 Billion Oil Windfall - Come Up With Proofs, Ibb Dares Critics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.s.$12 Billion Oil Windfall - Come Up With Proofs, Ibb Dares Critics (609 Views)

NNPC Withheld N824.7 Billion Oil Revenue In 6 Months Of Buhari’s Govt / The Fear Of Buhari: IBB Returns Part Of $12.4bn Gulf Oil Windfall Money / Fear Of Buhari: IBB Returns ‘part’ Of $12.4bn Gulf Oil Windfall Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

U.s.$12 Billion Oil Windfall - Come Up With Proofs, Ibb Dares Critics by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 20, 2010
Former Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida today challenged those accusing him of mismanaging the nation's resources during his nine-year reign to come up with proofs.

He also said he possessed the requisite experience to lead the country and give Nigerians the dividends of democracy, having earlier led the country as a military head of state.

Babangida had been variously accused of wasting money that accrued to the country from oil windfall, in the aftermath of the Gulf war of the early 1990s, in excess of $12 billion.

The General , who spoke in an interview with newsmen at the Presidential Wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, said it was not enough for people to make allegations, adding that what was important was for such allegations to be proven.

He described talks of his antecedents in office as mere distractions to his desires to contest the 2011 presidential elections.

He said: "Antecendents are perceptions, the way we look at things. If you call me a thief and you can prove it, you know what to do not to make noise about it, go ahead and prove it."

Relevant Links
West Africa
Nigeria
Asked under what political platform he hoped to actualise his presidential ambition should the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) fail to give him the slot, Babangida said he would use two structures, namely the people and any other political party.

On how he planned to deliver the dividends of democracy to Nigerians should he get elected as the country"s next president, Babangida said: " Nigeria is a cohesive entity, I have the requisite experience to make it possible."

He said he was still in touch with former governors thrown up during his diachical transition programme, adding that he hope to deploy their assistance to realise his presidential ambition.

"I am very much in touch with them; I still have good relationship with them and I will reach out to them. But I do not know whether I will use them to my own advantage," Babangida said.
Re: U.s.$12 Billion Oil Windfall - Come Up With Proofs, Ibb Dares Critics by kosovo(m): 8:40am On Apr 20, 2010
odiaero:

He said: "Antecendents are perceptions, the way we look at things. If you call me a thief and you can prove it, you know what to do not to make noise about it, go ahead and prove it."

Enough said, . . .
Re: U.s.$12 Billion Oil Windfall - Come Up With Proofs, Ibb Dares Critics by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2010

He should thank his stars he's a Nigerian. Phocking slowpoke, antecedents aren't perceptions angry

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Gunmen Kill Another Journalist In Lagos / Should Sanusi Be Removed? (vote) / Who Becomes The New Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.