Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review (15678 Views)

Yuletide: Prices Of Goods To Rise As CBN Adjusts Exchange Rate To N951/$1 / Oando Crisis: Adeosun Queries SEC, Appoints New Director-general / "800,000 Firms Have Never Paid Taxes In Nigeria" - Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by Yankee101: 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2018
Nigeria is not the highest alcohol drinking Country. Russians? Americans? Indians? Chinese?

1 Like

Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
ewebiodun:
Make dem noh add money for my guineas stout o, if dem noh want problem.. Ah ah wetin,that's enough to start campaigning against Buhari

N400 a Bootle of stout is bad enough and we still dey drink for did recession.... Make dem stop rough play o....nuffin to enjoy for this naija again

Buhari self..
my brother, that was how I dropped from Heineken to Goldberg. How thr might art falling

1 Like

Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2018
spartan50:
The only thing that makes Nigerians happy you to increase it.. Are you mad?
The only thing that makes you happy not Nigerians
Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
playboy19:

Sorry to bust your bubble sir, but any economist will understand that these are inelastic products. Price change and tax increments don't affect their consumption or sales because they are addictive products people will always buy them regardless.

This tax increment method has been tried in every country of the world and it hasn't worked once. As a matter of fact, the cigarette and alcohol companies will transfer the new tax payment to the customers and they will happily pay up. So sales and consumptions won't be affected. Though, I must say that It is a good way for the government to generate additional revenue .
The tariff is small so consumer of alcoholic drink will still buy but when the tariff is high,there will be drastic reduction if not closure if alcoholic drink industries
Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by FroshJaynex(m): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2018
hotboz:
Science Students won't like this grin
We science students don't alcohol,
Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by Shaev7(m): 12:52pm On Feb 08, 2018
confused ministers!

1 Like

Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by emmie14: 1:04pm On Feb 08, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
A very good and effective way to reduce their consumption. The only loophole with this method is that it will make smugglers richer.
Then what is your problem. Upon all ECOWAS
Proposals for good healthcare, education, security, improved infrastructure, wages salary and pension, only increment on cigarette and alcohol is what APC adopted and implemented.

2 Likes

Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by spartan50(m): 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

The only thing that makes you happy not Nigerians
you want to be relevant abi.. I don't have time for people like you..

1 Like

Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by Turantula(m): 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2018
Evil government whose house is on fire and chasing after rats.
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2018
spartan50:
you want to be relevant abi.. I don't have time for people like you..
It has nothing to be relevant but the reality on ground. There are many Nigerians not taking alcoholic drinks so it better you speak for yourself or the few ones that consume alcoholic drinks. For example words like "most of us" would have being better
Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by RogueX: 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2018
Our way of stepping down after a hard days work in this country.

This is the only area that hasn't seen much inflation in Buhari era.

Try it n we go occupy Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by dammybabanla: 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2018
smugglers will only get richer if consumers fit afford am...
tetralogyfallot:
A very good and effective way to reduce their consumption. The only loophole with this method is that it will make smugglers richer.

1 Like

Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by spartan50(m): 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

It has nothing to be relevant but the reality on ground. There are many Nigerians not taking alcoholic drinks so it better you speak for yourself or the few ones that consume alcoholic drinks. For example words like "most of us" would have being better
No wonder you don't think straight.. Everyone in Nigeria drinks alcoholic beverage in one form or the other.. Don't judge me and dey form holy pass here

1 Like

Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by Jamorezzi: 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
He be like say them this one dey mad

1 Like

Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2018
spartan50:

No wonder you don't think straight.. Everyone in Nigeria drinks alcoholic beverage in one form or the other.. Don't judge me and dey form holy pass here
Am not judging you as I non dey form holy holy.non be everybody dey drink alcohol be in any form. Everybody can never behave alike, that is not possible
Re: Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review by butterbread: 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2018
Loving this woman right now.

This is what they do in developed countries.

Islie:

[b]• Says economy is attracting huge interest from foreign investors

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/02/08/cigarette-alcohol-prices-to-rise-as-adeosun-proposes-tariff-review/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where can I get attachments and Weavons @ Wholesale Price? / Eight Reasons Why You Should Regularly Review Your Bank Statement! / Naira's Free Fall Continues, Now Exchanging At ₦550 To $1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.