Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,516 members, 7,816,251 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Quincy Jones Lists Yoruba Music As One Of Music Genres Producers Must Listen To. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Quincy Jones Lists Yoruba Music As One Of Music Genres Producers Must Listen To. (655 Views)

Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page / Download Old School & Latest Yoruba Music At Fujinaija / DOWNLOAD MP3: Quincy - Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quincy Jones Lists Yoruba Music As One Of Music Genres Producers Must Listen To. by babakol(m): 8:35am On Feb 08, 2018
In Conversation: Quincy Jones

The music legend on the secret Michael Jackson, his relationship with the Trumps, and the problem with modern pop.

By David Marchese

In both music and manner, Quincy Jones has always registered — from afar, anyway — as smooth, sophisticated, and impeccably well-connected. (That’s what earning 28 Grammy awards and co-producing Michael Jackson’s biggest-selling albums will do.) But in person, the 84-year-old music-industry macher is far spikier and more complicated. “All I’ve ever done is tell the truth,”

Do you see a future for the music business?

There isn’t a music business anymore! If these people had paid attention to Shawn Fanning 20 years ago, we wouldn’t be in this mess. But the music business is still too full of these old-school bean counters. You can’t be like that. You can’t be one of these back-in-my-day people.

You’re talking about business not music, but, and I mean this respectfully, don’t some of your thoughts about music fall under the category of “back in my day”?
Musical principles exist, man. Musicians today can’t go all the way with the music because they haven’t done their homework with the left brain. Music is emotion and science. You don’t have to practice emotion because that comes naturally. Technique is different. If you can’t get your finger between three and four and seven and eight on a piano, you can’t play. You can only get so far without technique. People limit themselves musically, man. Do these musicians know tango? Macumba? Yoruba music? Samba? Bossa nova? Salsa? Cha-cha?

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jones-in-conversation.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MUSIC: D. Policy – Pam Pam Ft. Tekno / DOWNLOAD SONG: Jiganbabaoja – Sho Mo Age (prod. By Dapiano) / New Hit Alert:: DJ Skinny Ft Amazing Ypee Ft Hdesign (ENTER)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.