Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,542 members, 7,861,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:40 PM

Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) (1423 Views)

List Of Cars In Which The AC Can Be Operated Even If Engine Is Not Running / The 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid And Its Solar Roof / 2020 Hyundai Sonata Unveiled – Photos, Details And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) by donstefano8(m): 9:44am On Feb 08, 2018
Hi everyone, I have been having a serious issue my Sonata V6 2004 model...the car was one of vehicles affected by the flood's in July 2017 and up till this moment the vehicle is still not running
Changed all the censors e.g MAF, Shaft position censor, serviced the engine and injectors but still not running though it started but always going off and never stable.

Pls all the gurus in the building your experience and advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

Re: Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) by aieromon(m): 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2018
Have you considered getting a complete engine replacement?
Re: Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) by hayjayman(m): 6:06am On Feb 09, 2018
Brain box or ECU suspected

1 Like

Re: Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) by donstefano8(m): 2:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
hayjayman:
Brain box or ECU suspected
changed the brain box about three to four times not until i also shaft position censor before it came back to life but engine is not running fine at all
Re: Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) by donstefano8(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
aieromon:
Have you considered getting a complete engine replacement?
I have considered that also the engine is pretty weak before the flood but was still running smoothly. Smokes on cold morning start after warming up it stops
Re: Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) by hayjayman(m): 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
donstefano8:
changed the brain box about three to four times not until i also shaft position censor before it came back to life but engine is not running fine at all

You ought to have checked the Crankshaft position sensor before lodging a complain long here... Brain box is always the last thing to consider after everything else have failed
Re: Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) by donstefano8(m): 3:25pm On Feb 09, 2018
hayjayman:

You ought to have checked the Crankshaft position sensor before lodging a complain long here... Brain box is always the last thing to consider after everything else have failed
I guess I never had proper knowledge on to go about it but it was actually the first thing the mechanic told me to replace and also the ECU or Brain Box was already submerged in water, was totally fried
Re: Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) by donstefano8(m): 3:26pm On Feb 09, 2018
Your helpful advise is highly appreciated

Cc Gazzuzz
Re: Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) by persius555(m): 9:29pm On Feb 09, 2018
Moku mogbe. See gbese
Re: Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) by nurey(m): 9:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
donstefano8:
Your helpful advise is highly appreciated

Was the brain box programmed specifically for your car?

Also did the mechanic work on your engine, if yes, does the. Engine use timing chain, if yes then let him reset the timing
Re: Still Can't Figure Out The Problem (hyundai Sonata V6 Not Running) by donstefano8(m): 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
From what it is the vehicle is a free code so recommended brain box was the one without code besides the timing was checked and confirmed to be ok, the issues now is that the vehicle starts but doesn't run smoothly and goes off immediately I engage the gear into drive or reverse.

(1) (Reply)

Turn Your Smartphone To Extensive Diagnosis And Programming Tools / Top-10-richest-musicians-in-nigeria-their-car And Net Worth / See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.