Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau (55377 Views)

PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' / Meet Nicholas Felix, 37-Year-Old PCP Presidential Candidate Who Came 3rd In 2019 / Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by 989900: 6:08pm On Feb 08, 2018
Environer:

Half truth

In genetics, we have the phenotype (P) being a product of lineage/genetics (G) and environment (E). Please google (P = G x E). So what he turned out to be is a function of his genes and his environment. If it's just the environment alone, then a typical Hausa Fulani would be the one defeating Boko Haram (according to the story), rather than an Igbo man. Similarly, if it's just genetics alone, then an Igbo, or for that matter a Yoruba, who was not born/lived in the North will be the one defeating Boko Haram.

I know, I'm not implying genetics is irrelevant, I'm only saying our environment (people, customs, traditions, culture, etc.) that we interact with, has a larger play. what percentage? I can't say . . . it is definitely not a constant.

Back to my Buhari example, if he was born and raised in Australia, he'd most likely have an Aussie accent, think more like them, definitely understand that ranching is the way to go with cattles and cattles destroying farms is an abomination, etc.

Warfare and training is a totally different ball game.
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by chicoMX(m): 6:09pm On Feb 08, 2018
greenmonk:
Mbaise is in mbaitoli now. Mbano +mbaise= mbaitoli
Bull shit!
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by Environer: 6:11pm On Feb 08, 2018
Daniel Kanayo Daniel, an Igbo man

His father is/was Chris Daniel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_K_Daniel
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by warrah(m): 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2018
Environer:

Rogers = First name

Ibe = Middle name

Nicholas = Last name or Surname

Everywhere in the world people regularly go by First and Last names

Please which one did he switch?

You are a disgusting pig

So Nicholas is a surname abi.....continue
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by whirlwind7(m): 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2018
adadike281:
As you lead the army, Nicholas Ibe, u will not die. in all your battles,u will forever emerge victorious. Igbo muru gi is forever with you and in peace and victory will u return to us. You have shown them that u are a true Igbo man and we are prod of you

Sorry, sister.
That surest way for those prayers getting answered is if he quits the military.
This sort of exposure he got is almost a guarantee of his getting killed. The same military he serves is being controlled by the FG on one hand, while the other one steers the affairs of BH.
Its worse, him being a southerner.
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by shekauvsbuhari: 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2018
Rochas2023:
Let us see the CV of Gen Brutai, then we can talk
na today? What of oga patapata bubu CV?

1 Like

Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by belovedaja(m): 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
This publicity is unnecessary from my point of view. Nigeria army is nigeria army and not igbo army. If there was no marginalization, if there has been Fair play and equity. This publicity justify and reveals that there is indeed marginalization of the Igbo's in all sector of Nigeria.

Besides this the best of my knowledge can not be called Igbo. Someone who have spent less than 0.5% of his life in Igbo land and was not born there or schooled there, neither does or has business there can not be Igbo indeed.

1 Like

Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by discusant: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2018
ROGERS AND Co. FIGHTING A LOST BATTLE.

BOKO HARAM IS LIKE THE TALIBAN AND OTHER ISLAMIC JIHAD ORGANISATIONS - THEY FIGHT FOR A COUNTRY TO BE RULED WITH ISLAMIC SHARIA CRIMINAL CODES.

Hardly had the American-led allied forces left Afghanistan when the Taliban reconquered nearly all of Afghanistan.

MORE THAN HALF OF MUSLIM CORE-NORTH OF NIGERIA, INCLUDING PRESIDENT BUHARI, WANT A COUNTRY TO BE GOVERNED WITH ISLAMIC SHARIA CRIMINAL LAWS.
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by Kenturkey048(m): 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
1shortblackboy:
CV long like river Niger
ahahahahahhahahah ahahahahahhahahah...soo you follow me observe too.
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by shekauvsbuhari: 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
deji17:
How many commandants have they had and nobody made any noise ? The usual image laundering from the insecure group.
you are just envying him. Was it not Gov. Shettima of borno that started this praise singing and declaring that Gens. Nich. n Irabor who are southerners did well while northern commanders flopped? My problem is this is undue exposure.It may affect his job negatively. They may start sabotaging him.
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by Kenturkey048(m): 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
shekauvsbuhari:
you are just envying him. Was it not Gov. Shettima of borno that started this praise singing and declaring that Gens. Nich. n Irabor who are southerners did well while northern commanders flopped? My problem is this is undue exposure.It may affect his job negatively. They may start sabotaging him.
exactly my own view tooo...hope we all remember Col.abu Ali too...
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by deji17: 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
shekauvsbuhari:
Calling it envy is tantamount to you deluding yourself.
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by overdrive(m): 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
Environer:

Those are not stage names. Those are actual names. You disgusting fool. We once had a senate president whose names are Pius Anyim Pius.

Anyim pius Anyim.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by Kenturkey048(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2018
adadike281:
As you lead the army, Nicholas Ibe, u will not die. in all your battles,u will forever emerge victorious. Igbo muru gi is forever with you and in peace and victory will u return to us. You have shown them that u are a true Igbo man and we are proud of you
divisional commanders in Nigeria don't go for operations,they only pass orders to brigade commanders who then passes the order to battalion commanders..even if he commands operation lafya dole for ten years he might likely not be killed by a bullet.

1 Like

Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by Eluwilussit(m): 6:50pm On Feb 08, 2018
gartamanta:

So he switched his Igbo surname "Ibe" to "Nicholas" in other to get ahead in the Army

Quota for don finish the man na. No be NA?
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by paix(m): 6:51pm On Feb 08, 2018
Wow, congratulations General. My resumé na just one sentence. I was born, bred and schooled in Kaduna.
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by Eluwilussit(m): 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
Rochas2023:

Good observation. Truth is, both Buhari and Buratai join, no fit match the dude. Then we wonder why nothing is working in the shithole country. angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by juniior(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2018
this guy is highly decorated
but if u check buratai now
you Wee see only one medal and one deployment
yet he's d chief of army staff

3 Likes

Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by Niyinficient(m): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2018
989900:

LoL. cheesy

We are more of a product of our environment than lineage.

If Buhari was born and raised in Australia for example, even to same parents, he'd have a different view of life.

This major general Ibe is an ab0ki apparently.
#bornandraisedab0ki

True talk brother.....We are products of our society.

What i keep telling people who hit at Nigerians for some things....u dont expect me born and bred in Ibadan to speak like someone who was born and bred in Lagos, one in Manchester wont have the same intonation and accent like one from Seoul. Indians will speak English inked with their 'hindu'. But we Nigerians jst because we manage to go to Ghana, we start speaking English like the Queen herself and be saying someone has Yoruba or Igbo accent...where did the person grow up?

Same thing as religion, homosexual disbelief, role of women and men in the society, way of life,.....check the societies who really understand this concept and compare it to ours....they are more peaceful and they achieve more.

1 Like

Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by seniorkachion(m): 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
gartamanta:

So he switched his Igbo surname "Ibe" to "Nicholas" in other to get ahead in the Army

If you don't know about something ask those who might know about it. Why would he need to switch his surname in order to progress. Did Ihejirika use any English name to move ahead. His father's name is Nicholas Ibe. His own father named him after himself as is the tradition in many parts of Igboland. If the tradition was to name the kids after the grandfather, his name would have been Rogers Ibe.
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by churchillfrank(m): 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2018
Juliet11111:
op major Roger is from mbaise not mbaitolu https://www.nairaland.com/4333390/igbo-man-defeated-boko-haram
My uncle you are saying he is from mbaise. They are claiming relationship now. Na wa for mbaise people o
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by Hector723(m): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2018
He comes from 'umuaka' and not 'umuaku'
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by Hector723(m): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2018
Op He comes from 'UMUAKA' and not 'UMUAKU'
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by Nychillax(m): 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2018
belovedaja:
This publicity is unnecessary from my point of view. Nigeria army is nigeria army and not igbo army. If there was no marginalization, if there has been Fair play and equity. This publicity justify and reveals that there is indeed marginalization of the Igbo's in all sector of Nigeria.

Besides this the best of my knowledge can not be called Igbo. Someone who have spent less than 0.5% of his life in Igbo land and was not born there or schooled there, neither does or has business there can not be Igbo indeed.

You guys are the one yearning about publicity poo,check d thread again nd see who started tribalistic comments if not from igbo,the contents of the article is just about his profile nd his ability to speak both Hausa,igbo nd yoruba.He is not the first army to see his profile here on NL,anything special in that
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by DozieInc(m): 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
Handsome man he is.
Wish him total victory against the enemy.
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by engrchykae(m): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2018
Rochas2023:
what of buhari cv.
This man's cv is INTIMIDATING

2 Likes

Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by seniorkachion(m): 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2018
deji17:
How many commandants have they had and nobody made any noise ? The usual image laundering from the insecure group.

Tribal hatred is bad. Don't be a victim. What wrong has the general done to warrant his image been laundered? Do you even know the meaning of laundering! It was Gov Shettima that praised him. This is just a short profile, no where did it eulogize him. Perhaps, you are pained that the last SW general appointed to that position, Gen.Ransome-Kuti, was a big flop who was demoted for cowardice..

2 Likes

Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
989900:
Impressive Resume!
how
what is impressive about getting promoted every four years
shebi you were promoted every year in primary and secondary school
that is equally""impressive'"
na so dem de take bamboozle una
all style no substance
no single deliverable in that resume besides ...
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:
When Ihejirika was COAS they said he was deliberately decimating the population of the north. Buhari championed that call. Today another Igbo man is in charge of the operation and pounding them hell, but they have no problem with it cos his Commander in chief and COAS are northerners.

Stupid.
politics
thats the game
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by engrchykae(m): 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2018
Donald3d:
is this not supposed to be covert lipsrsealed undecided
buhari and his cohorts are stylishly selling out effective fighters of boko haram.
Who remembered lt col mohamed abu Ali?
That was how this terrorist government exposed him and not only sold out his identity but also the defense headquarters redeployed the special forces posted around his 272 taskforce brigade only for boko haram to attack 4 hours later.
During the fight,due to someone in the army have told the boko guys the modus operandi of Abu Ali,about 20 of the terrorists waited in hiding while many ran.
They waited for Abu Ali to come out of his tank and motivate his troops as usual and he did come out as expected and they released a volley on him killing him instantly.
BOTTOMLINE IS THE NORTH IS NOT TIRED OF BOKO HARAM,ITS A FAMILY MATTER.
MY IGBO BROTHER SHOULD BE WISE.
WHY SHOULD THIS USELESS MAFIA THAT CALLED THEMSELVES GOVERNMENT EXPOSE SUCH VITAL INFO.
YOU THINK THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING?
WHY IS IT THAT WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE NEW NIA DG?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by Emanodimo(m): 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2018
Well, a round of applaud.

and some French Languages.....in what sense?

Something i dont understand in the army, is he at the war front ....to the point that he was granted all this medals...

What i read most is sudden exist of new recruits,while one rides on with more medals...

Kudos to him oh!
Re: Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau by dnawah(m): 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bomb Blast: Pieces Of Human Flesh Litter Abuja Suburb - Punch / Ambode Unveils Eko Atlantic Pearl Tower (Photos) / Victor Umeh Gifts Car To Offiah Twins, Francis And Cornelius Ordained Priests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.