Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Believe Ye Him (the Lord Jesus Christ) Amen. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believe Ye Him (the Lord Jesus Christ) Amen. (299 Views)

Good Friday; The Commemoration Of The Death Of Our Lord Jesus Christ / What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Believe Ye Him (the Lord Jesus Christ) Amen. by noskcid(m): 1:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
Before His going away, He made these kind of statements. He said, St. John 14th chapter, 7th verse. "He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; more than this shall he do, for I go to My Father. I go, and come again."

Now, we'll find the works that He did. The works that He did, He did not claim to be a great person; He was just a humble Man. He didn't speak with any high vocabulary; He just spoke as an ordinary man. He lived among the poor; the foxes had dens, and the birds had nests, but He didn't have a place to lay His head.

He had one garment; that was given to Him; it was wove throughout without a seam in it. That's why they gambled for it. Why was that? Because the prophecy of the Old Testament had to be fulfilled, "They parted My garments, cast lots for My vesture." So they could not split it by the seam; they had to gamble for it, and that was to fulfill the prophecy of the Old Testament. But we'll notice in just a few moments, what did He do? And I believe tonight it's the hunger of every one of our hearts from the least until the oldest tonight to see Jesus Christ. It's my heart's desire. And why is it? If we claim by the Scriptures...

The radios blast it today; the televisions put on programs; dramas was said that, "He is not here, but He has risen."

Well then, if He has risen, the Bible said in Hebrews 13:8, "He's the same yesterday, today, and forever." Now, here's where it is, folks. That's either the Truth or it isn't the Truth. That if that isn't the Truth, then the Bible is false, and then the Words are false; and then we're lost, and there's no resurrection of the dead, and we are just making believe. But if it is true, then it's got to vindicate itself.

If you say this water's wet; I never seen water before. You pour it on me, and it's not wet, then your words are untrue. But if you pour it on me, and it is wet, then your words is true. If Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever, then the Bible's true. If He isn't the same yesterday, today, and forever, then it isn't true. If the Words of God isn't true, then Christ isn't true. Then if the Words of God isn't true, God isn't true. But then, if the Word of God is true, then the Bible's true, God's true, Christ is true, and we should be true to the cause.

(1) (Reply)

After 9 Years Couple Smile With Their Baby To Altar / Pls Read This Prayer Point By Bro Mazino Egbuwoku / Rccg Fasting And Prayer(17/02/2018) Day 38

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.