Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! (897 Views)

I Need A Verified Nigerian Adsense Plus Domain To Buy / Redirect Domain To Existing Website. / How To Change Your Blogger Blog Sub Domain To Custom Domain On Freenom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by chigosman: 4:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
Hello webmasters.
please i need advice on the domain extension to use.
it's a news, entertainment and informative blog, in as much as i post Nigerian contents... i still want traffic from the globe to earn well with google adsense.

so now should i use .ng domain (blogname.com.ng)

or modifying the name for a .com domain (blognameNG.com)

which is preferable and seo wise??
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by eidesk(m): 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
Closed - Out of date
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
chigosman:
Hello webmasters.
it's a news, entertainment and informative blog, in as much as i post Nigerian contents... i still want traffic from the globe to earn well with google adsense.

hello, I prefer the com.ng(since you never mentioned .com).

people use the 'blognameNG.com.ng' because 'blogname'is not available so they have to use NG (that's if its Nigerian though).

And it won't really make sense if you have two 'NG' e. g blogname NG.com.ng
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by chigosman: 5:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
9PBLIVE:
hello, I prefer the com.ng(since you never mentioned .com).

people use the 'blognameNG.com.ng' because 'blogname'is not available so they have to use NG (that's if its Nigerian though).

And it won't really make sense if you have two 'NG' e. g blogname NG.com.ng

thanks for the response bro

the .com is not available.

so i only av to choose between (blogname.com.ng) or modify the domain by adding NG to get a . com eg (blognameNG.com)

blognameNG.com doesn't have 2 NG

what do u think?
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by tiponschooling: 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2018
chigosman:

so i only av to choose between (blogname.com.ng) or modify the domain by adding NG to get a . com eg (blognameNG.com)

what do u think?

go for blognameNG.com since the .com is taken.
Never go for .com.ng even though your audience is mainly Nigerian...
.com.ng is a second level domain which does not do well in SEO unless you have a lot of money to burn on softwares and acquiring backlinks.
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by chigosman: 7:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
tiponschooling:
go for blognameNG.com since the .com is taken.
Never go for .com.ng even though your audience is mainly Nigerian...
.com.ng is a second level domain which does not do well in SEO unless you have a lot of money to burn on softwares and acquiring backlinks.

thanks bro...i actually heard this from a friend but i needed to confirm it..
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 09, 2018
chigosman:

what do u think?

I will go with blognameng.com (.com is widely preferable)
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by Lovetinz(m): 9:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
Your domain name should 'read' well
Example : Stagelionng.com does not read well
(the double 'n' is confusing.
Stagelion.com.ng would be better.
Take a good look at how it will sound, how easy it is to remember and how hard it is to type.
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by chigosman: 10:17am On Feb 10, 2018
Lovetinz:
Your domain name should 'read' well
Example : Stagelionng.com does not read well
(the double 'n' is confusing.
Stagelion.com.ng would be better.
Take a good look at how it will sound, how easy it is to remember and how hard it is to type.

what about the seo implication?
i mean .com.ng
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by MoreTipz: 12:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
chigosman:

what about the seo implication?
i mean .com.ng
Better safe than sorry, the blognameng.com is best... Its great for SEO and remember the Nigerian CPC Is Dead
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by Lovetinz(m): 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
Naijaloaded used to be .com, it is now .com.ng.
Content is king.
If you have valuable content, it doesn't matter if u are ..
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by Moshlaw(m): 2:51am On Feb 11, 2018
make sure you buy a .com domain... people will easily remember your site and also for SEO sake
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by chigosman: 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2018
Lovetinz:
Naijaloaded used to be .com, it is now .com.ng.
Content is king.
If you have valuable content, it doesn't matter if u are ..

hmm
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by chigosman: 8:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
More advice on this pls
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by mrkachi13(m): 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
.com or com.ng doesn't guarantee you SEO. Domain doesn't matter. What matters is the blog optimization, content and work.
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by hostkobo(m): 10:33am On Apr 09, 2018
chigosman:
Hello webmasters.

Hi there,

I would advise you to go for .com first, and if all options are exhausted, choose .com.ng

except your blognameNG.com really really makes sense, as in if its a complete word, like blognamiNG.com then use it, else ditch it.

better still message me on whatsapp, lets chat.

What domain name do you have in mind? Your domain must be catchy, easily pronounceable and rememberable.

I can help you turn it around and come up with something better.

dont worry, my services are free.

regards
HK
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by purplejuli: 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
Re: Am Confused About The Domain To Use... HELP! by chigosman: 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
hostkobo:

Hi there,

I would advise you to go for .com first, and if all options are exhausted, choose .com.ng

except your blognameNG.com really really makes sense, as in if its a complete word, like blognamiNG.com then use it, else ditch it.

better still message me on whatsapp, lets chat.

What domain name do you have in mind? Your domain must be catchy, easily pronounceable and rememberable.

I can help you turn it around and come up with something better.

dont worry, my services are free.

regards
HK

thanks for your response bro.... the domains below.... i already bought the both sha.

042express.com.ng and 042expressng.com

(1) (Reply)

. / The Real Truth You Need To Know About Website Design & Development / Who Wants Free Premium Wordpress Themes & Plugins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.