Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Kalu Backs D’tigress To Make FIBA Women’s World Cup History In Spain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kalu Backs D’tigress To Make FIBA Women’s World Cup History In Spain (326 Views)

Mali Players In Brawl After 4th Straight Loss At FIBA Women's Basketball W/cup / Formiga Become The Oldest Player In Women's World Cup History. Photos / Nigeria's D'Tigress Crashes Out Of FIBA Women's Championship After Losing To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kalu Backs D’tigress To Make FIBA Women’s World Cup History In Spain by Adebola547: 1:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
D’Tigress guard Ezinne Kalu has tipped Nigeria to go farther than any African side has even done in the FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup.

The 2018 FIBA Women’s World Cup will be held in Tenerife, Spain from 22 September to 30 September with Nigeria playing Australia, Turkey, and Argentina in Group B.

Past Africa representatives – Senegal, Mali, Angola, Mozambique, Tunisia, DR Congo and Kenya – have all failed to advance to the next round of the competition.

“I like the group that we are in,” the 25-year-old point guard who currently plays for Vasas Akademia in Hungary’s topflight, told FIBA.com.

“It’s a tough group but I think we have a great chance at making it to the next round,” she said. “We have played against Turkey so we know what to expect.

“At the time we were fresh, very new to each other and still learning the ropes of playing as a team. We have seen Argentina play. However, we haven’t seen Australia play. Bottom line, I think we have a big chance.”

Kalu, a member of the victorious D’Tigress team at the 2017 FIBA Women’s AfroBasket in Mali, remains confident that the Sam Vincent’s team can do things differently to make history at the tournament.

“I believe that every tournament is different. Although we did pretty okay two years ago in Nantes, I think it’s safe to say that we have grown so much as a team since then,” she reflected.

“We have made adjustments as far as staff and players. I think that those adjustments have put us in a great position for us to continue being successful.

“It is a huge deal representing Nigeria internationally. Being able to do so requires dedication, hard work, professionalism as well as team spirit.

“I have grown so much as an individual and player. Playing for the junior team was great and now playing on the senior level the feeling is nothing short of amazing. To be able to wear that green and white jersey to represent a whole country on a national platform is a blessing.”

Source:https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/kalu-backs-dtigress-make-fiba-womens-world-cup-history-spain/

Re: Kalu Backs D’tigress To Make FIBA Women’s World Cup History In Spain by hrykanu231(m): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
Go make us proud girls...

(1) (Reply)

Maikaba: Akwa United Will Advance In CAFCC Despite Home Defeat To Banjul Hawks / UCL Match Preview:chelsea Vs Barcelona / Daily Soccer Predictions PREDICTION (12/04/2018)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.