Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer (1199 Views)

"I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" / Favour Lawal, Girl Born Without Anus Who Excretes Through Her Stomach (Photos) / How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by booblacain(m): 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
My niece needs it. She has tried the omeprazole over the counter drugs but that has not helped as much (it went away for a while but seems to have come back again). I need advice on a ones and for all treatment.
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by Edemaya: 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
Tell her to eat at the appropriate time, either hungry or not. That is the best medicine for ulcer
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by booblacain(m): 3:04pm On Feb 09, 2018
Edemaya:
Tell her to eat at the appropriate time, either hungry or not. That is the best medicine for ulcer

I doubt that. Ulcer is mainly caused by a bacterial infection, eating at appropriate time can manage the situation but it won't cure it.
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by eaglejay13(m): 4:19pm On Feb 09, 2018
Put unripe paw-paw inside EVA water can full of water, leave it overnight and then sip a little at a time.

NB: Make sure you add the black seeds
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by Edemaya: 4:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
booblacain:

I doubt that. Ulcer is mainly caused by a bacterial infection, eating at appropriate time can manage the situation but it won't cure it.

Why I said that was because he said she has used Omeprazole.

Alright though!!
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by wowdiva: 10:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
booblacain:
My niece needs it. She has tried the omeprazole over the counter drugs but that has not helped as much (it went away for a while but seems to have come back again). I need advice on a ones and for all treatment.

Get original honey, let her swallow a tablespoon full (swallow as a whole not mixed with her saliva) maybe 4 times or we many times in a day.
This method was what cured my ulcer some years ago.
Make sure it's original honey
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 11, 2018
eaglejay13:
Put unripe paw-paw inside EVA water can full of water, leave it overnight and then sip a little at a time.

NB: Make sure you add the black seeds

Perhaps it should be mentioned to you that an unripe fruit collects a low pH grade,this though could mean nothing in the main time but along with time it can lead to further insult to the gastrointestinal lining. However,eating pawpaw fruit is healthy and that I indeed felt never he should discontinued from.
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 11, 2018
booblacain:

The use of Omeprazole is not the treatment and consolidation only to curing gastritis. It is just too early to think conventional medicine hasn't been working. You may need try other medication (in synergy) or separately.The use of honey as advised by someone above is also use as it serves a coating medium to forestall further bereavement of the stomach parenchyma...
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by whatagwan(m): 6:36am On Feb 11, 2018
How long did she use the omeprazole for?

I will recommend she does the whole triple therapy or quadruple therapy for the complete duration. Then be sure to stick to the diet regimen - people say avoid hot, peppery and spicy foods, take water and eat regularly. Avoid oranges and lime and lemon. Take watermelon and cucumber.

Triple therapy = Omeprazole, clarithromycin and metronidazole and they may add bismuth to it - she may have to take them for 10 to 14 days depending on the doctor's assessment.

She should also avoid NSAIDS like ibuprofen
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by booblacain(m): 8:30am On Feb 11, 2018
wowdiva:

Get original honey, let her swallow a tablespoon full (swallow as a whole not mixed with her saliva) maybe 4 times or we many times in a day.
This method was what cured my ulcer some years ago.
Make sure it's original honey

I would have to check on the honey then, thanks. Do you live in Lagos? I am hoping you will know where I can get original honey, I believe most of the honey I see around are not pure.
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by booblacain(m): 8:32am On Feb 11, 2018
LuckyG1:

The use of Omeprazole is not the treatment and consolidation only to curing gastritis. It is just too early to think conventional medicine hasn't been working. You may need try other medication (in synergy) or separately.The use of honey as advised by someone above is also use as it serves a coating medium to forestall further bereavement of the stomach parenchyma...
thanks LuckyG. Are you advising she uses Omeprazole with honey side by side?
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 11, 2018
booblacain:
thanks LuckyG. Are you advising she uses Omeprazole with honey side by side?

It is just one way to help it out. But you will do her more good if you seek better relevance from a medical doctor requesting other medications that could help out.
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by wowdiva: 11:53am On Feb 11, 2018
booblacain:

I would have to check on the honey then, thanks. Do you live in Lagos? I am hoping you will know where I can get original honey, I believe most of the honey I see around are not pure.

I got the honey at a Muslim hospital in Lagos.
Re: Can Anyone Here Recommend An Effective Traditional Treatment For Stomach Ulcer by busybodyy: 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
booblacain:

There is a herb that helps, Turmeric, the local herb sellers may call it red ginger.

Grate it along side ginger and boil for 15 minutes, make her drink daily, for a little girl she will want something sweet, do not add sugar only use honey to sweeten it. It has an amazing taste and aroma.

Turmeric has an active ingredient called curcumin and ginger has two powerful ingredients zeningeberine and gingerol, both herbs can reverse the effect of the H-pilori bacteria that has caused the infection. The honey will help with the healing of the ulceration of the stomach walls.

You can add coconut oil to your cooking.

Half cup of Aloe vera juice daily too is very effective at healing ulcers.

By all means avoid refined sugar (white), carbonated drinks, peppery foods, pain killers and processed foods, because they help the bacteria to thrive.

(1) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE / Jigsimur Health Drink / Meet A Youth Corp Member Who Inconvenient Herself To Fight Covid-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.