Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari (43316 Views)

Shehu Sani Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu’s Threat To Attack Buhari In Japan / Shehu Sani Reacts To US Govt’s Visa Ban On Some Nigerian Politicians / Shehu Sani Reacts To Buhari’s Appraisal Of Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by mommaJ(f): 6:37am On Feb 10, 2018
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET. https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64524181
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by bewla(m): 6:44am On Feb 10, 2018
[quote author=buhariguy post=64925861]that is why buhari till 2023 [/quoteif them hate hug transformer

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by henryhemon(m): 7:01am On Feb 10, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

Well u appeared so foolish to ve understood that he could galvanize the majority to this end. U read my message again. Look at this links and see how foolish u appear to be carried away by this face.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/186807-ramadan-kaduna-senator-shehu-sani-distributes-camels-to-constituents.html
https://leadership.ng/2017/11/25/legislators-rage-people/
U give me fish but fail to be a force for the common good of all so that the various constituents can fish. The other day a senator was throwing bags of tea as project, another donated frying pan. What a nation shiithole as my dear Trump wud say. I recall he donated 100,000 radios. Chai I laugh and u call him honest.

He is a member of a very corrupt and irredeemable political institution that allocates so much to itself and yet we can account for that. All blame on PMB but excuse the national assembly. I am no fan of PMB but u fail to tealize tha d NASS has so much power that if it was a force for good many things wud go right. Like his other hypocrite Ben Bruce is he making sense again. That vibrant activism we ve known Shehu Sani for can we say it is there? That leading voice for good governance and the masses is it still there?
Boy grow some sense so u don’t appear foolish to be carried away by the pretence of these politician who ve ruined ur future.
Keep ur thank u

As if your future isn't ruined. Why mention those criticizing pmb? Even though I don't take ben bruce serious,that shows your bias,if its easy to galvanise how come those in support of pmb hasn't done anything worthwhile? I'm not from Kd n I don't eat from gov't but when one says the truth applaud him or her. What's wrong with what sani said by applauding the bishops for telling the president the truth that things are worst? But no, you turned into politics. All these sets of politicians are criminals pmb inclusive period,as for my future boy lets not brag online but I am living life. I only want my country to be great n for people not to suffer too much.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by AnanseK(m): 7:21am On Feb 10, 2018
kitaatita:

They also reprimanded Jonathan. These is a conference of Catholic Bishops. They are not private jets bling clergymen

Catholic bishops blast Jonathan over corruption in govt

September 10, 2012Premium Times

President Goodluck Jonathan in prayers

Clergymen want government to tackle corruption, insecurity in the country.

Catholic Bishops are worried about the high rate of corruption among government officials and have asked for a change in attitude from them.

The clerics, who are members of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN), have asked President Goodluck Jonathan to find solutions to the unbridled corruption and impunity among the political class if the country is to move forward.

President of the conference, Ignatius Kaigama, who spoke on Sunday at the opening ceremony of the second plenary session of the conference, expressed sadness at the inability of the government to stop the malaise which he said is manifest at all levels of leadership in the country.

“Unbridled corruption and impunity among the nation’s political class is worrisome, particularly as the mismanagement (of the nation’s resources) is at all levels, especially the recent fuel subsidy and pension funds scam,” Mr. Kaigama said.

Mr. Kaigama expressed worry at how “a few Nigerians wallow in unbelievable wealth and spend recklessly what should be for all of us.”

The clergyman, who spoke shortly after a Holy Mass at the Mater Dei Cathedral in Umuahia, Abia state, reaffirmed the determination of the Bishops to continue to inspire the Catholic faithfuls to live and work for one nation

Nigeria must remain one

Mr. Kaigama said that the current security challenges facing the country are designed by some unpatriotic elements to create distrust, disharmony, and disintegration among Nigerians.

“We must collectively resist the temptation to pitch northern Nigeria against southern Nigeria, Muslims against Christians by the terrorist group,” he said. “As spiritual leaders, we will continue to supplicate God for peace, reconciliation and justice in our beloved country.”

The bishop condemned the incessant attacks on Christians and other innocent Nigerians. He called for a concerted effort to halt its perpetrators, pointing out that most Nigerians wonder whether the government is really on top of the situation as it often claimed.

Also speaking, the Pope’s representative to Nigeria (Papal Nuncio), Augustine Kasujja, called for urgent government action to end thestate of insecurity in the country. He underlined the need for dialogue among the different religions in the country to halt the spate of killings, violence, and general insecurity.

Just continue to pray

Minister for Labour and Productivity, Emeka Nwogu, who represented the president at the conference, underscored the need for the church and government to collaborate in order to enhance the development of the country. He urged them to continue to pray for peace, progress and unity of the country.

Mr. Nwogu said the government was concerned about the current religious bigotry, violence and hate among Nigerians, particularly at a time the present administration is embarking on massive socio-economic transformation of the country.

He assured that the government is not only addressing the security problem in the country, but also committed to fighting corruption at all levels of government.

“This administration stands for truth, justice and rule of law. All the institutions established to fight corruption have been
strengthened,” he said, adding that the Mr. Jonathan was determined to leave a lasting legacy for posterity.

Mr. Nwogu called on members of the conference to use the period to deliberate on matters concerning national peace and security as well as other issues that would help to move the country forward.

Three state governors who attended the conference- Theodore Orji of Abia, Peter Obi of Anambra, and Rochas Okorocha of Imo -called for prayers for the country to tackle its security challenges.

We are not corrupt

Mr. Orji debunked claims that politicians are the most corrupt class of people in the country. He said everybody should be equally blamed.

His Anambra counterpart, Mr. Obi, however, acknowledged the allegation of massive corruption among the political class, and said it was time for Nigerians to go after corrupt politicians.

“We have talked a lot in Nigeria about this issue of corruption. It is time Nigerians start to confront us and our lifestyles,” he said.

Mr. Obi noted the corrupt tendencies and unbridled quest by politicians to amass wealth at the expense of the people, saying that “Nigeria is going down the drain.”

The Anambra governor said about 123 private jets are recently registered in Nigeria with over 90 of them purchased with stolen money.

He described the domestic debts owed by various levels of government in the country as “dangerous”, noting that the future of the country is being mortgaged through various corrupt practices.

“We borrow for consumption and not for manufacturing,” Mr. Obi noted, adding that the nation’s currency would suffer devaluation if they cannot redeem the debt

We are corrupt, but pray for us

The Imo State Governor said, at the conference, that political leaders should be held responsible for the rot in the country. He however said that the nation’s woes required spiritual intervention.

Mr. Okorocha called for a joint conference for both the clergy and politicians both categories “will rub minds together on how to move the country forward.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/99638-catholic-bishops-blast-jonathan-over-corruption-in-govt.html

Thank you. I stand corrected. But “the miracle churches of properties and prosperity” see it differently .
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by agbamasoe: 7:28am On Feb 10, 2018
The worst govt in the history of Nigeria, our prayer let him go and rest, the most one sided govt how will they not all think in one direction.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by taurusmena1(m): 7:32am On Feb 10, 2018
Mooooooogu
buhariguy:
that is why buhari till 2023
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by AnanseK(m): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2018
degamemaster:
Typical of a zombie. Suffering and smiling. Shehu Sani and host of other activists that speak out no matter what, you tag them enemies and the next is planning to intimidate or blackmail him just to silence him voice. People like you are the enemies of the state.

Sorry Sir, I sometimes forget that irresponsible politicians like FFK, Fayose, Dino Melaye and Shehu Sani are the darlings of the wailers and the looters. Don’t worry Shehu Sani will still be on Twitter doing what he knows best but he will not be in the Senate come 2019. His position will not change very much, perhaps he will just miss the overinflated salary ( he has not criticized that yet).
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by texazzpete(m): 8:22am On Feb 10, 2018
AnanseK:

Bishops are missing their PDP Father Christmas.

Typical BMC dog. Attack without sense whenever his lord is being given feedback.

Everyone in this country knows that the Catholic Bishop council stood aside while many members of the clergy were being settled by the PDP. Not even Lai Mohammed can levy this accusation against the Catholics.

Before you begin to spout nonsense again, ask your paymasters to brief you properly. Because as it stands, both the PDP and APC will disavow you for this inane statement.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by Nigeriadondie: 8:51am On Feb 10, 2018
henryhemon:

As if your future isn't ruined. Why mention those criticizing pmb? Even though I don't take ben bruce serious,that shows your bias,if its easy to galvanise how come those in support of pmb hasn't done anything worthwhile? I'm not from Kd n I don't eat from gov't but when one says the truth applaud him or her. What's wrong with what sani said by applauding the bishops for telling the president the truth that things are worst? But no, you turned into politics. All these sets of politicians are criminals pmb inclusive period,as for my future boy lets not brag online but I am living life. I only want my country to be great n for people not to suffer too much.
Including Shehu Sani. And so u applaud a criminal among the same set. Stop making noise boy. Which life u dey live? No be same NEPA u dey suffer like others because u fit manage get gen wey u dey ration fuel, abi na Nigerian used motor u get wey u go drive on same bad roads as others. Well boy, my future is never ruined not like yours.
Mind u I an not a fan of PMB. He is a complete failure but that blame is shared with the legislature and as such criticism of the govt should not come from them cos they are part of the govt. Grow some sense boy and don’t be fooled by mediocre who claim to speak d truth but do nothing to realize the truth they speak. Ur type were fooled like Ben Bruce but where is he now.
Learn to think broad and not come here to expose ur sheer stupidity and how naive he is.
If Shehu Sani speaks the truth let him do so to his rogue colleagues in the senate led by that super thief Saraki. Wake up little boy
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by Nigeriadondie: 8:58am On Feb 10, 2018
Homers123:
Shehuis the only Senator that I like.
Shehu Sani succeded in deceiving u. Pls wake up
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by Nigeriadondie: 9:00am On Feb 10, 2018
AnanseK:

Sorry Sir, I sometimes forget that irresponsible politicians like FFK, Fayose, Dino Melaye and Shehu Sani are the darlings of the wailers and the looters. Don’t worry Shehu Sani will still be on Twitter doing what he knows best but he will not be in the Senate come 2019. His position will not change very much, perhaps he will just miss the overinflated salary ( he has not criticized that yet).
Exactly. I am glad I could see someone who shares my opinion on that hypocrite Shehu Sani. That was how people were carried away by that useless common sense Ben Bruce but is he making sense now?
Nigerians truly deserve the kind of leaders they have.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by SycophanticGoat: 9:02am On Feb 10, 2018
PointB:

You guys should stop this pig nonsense, it's stale. If not for restraints on the part of IPOB supporters, it doesn't take much to counter it with Oduaa Pigs Congress. Learn and change!

The goat you replied is actually a Hausa/Fulani Muslimu
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by Nigeriadondie: 9:07am On Feb 10, 2018
PointB:

You guys should stop this pig nonsense, it's stale. If not for restraints on the part of IPOB supporters, it doesn't take much to counter it with Oduaa Pigs Congress. Learn and change!
Pls that Buhariguy is an aboki, cow figure, not an afonja so u dont trigger an Afonja vs Igbo war now. We dont need that at least for now. grin
Pls ignore that guy. He is cursed beyond any blessing
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by nonut: 9:16am On Feb 10, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

What truth does he speak? He is an hypocrite. Has he been that leading advocate for good governance, cut in govt spending, transparency and fight against corruption by pressuring the senate to enact laws to achieve this.
Let him account for the constituency allowances he got since 2015 and tell us the project he has executed apart the camels and radios he donated.
Stop deceiving yourself. If you think he can fight the entire senate all by himself, you're the biggest joker ever lived.
Nigerians are the ones who should fight for the rights, but they prefer to wail online and make unnecessary threats.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by henryhemon(m): 9:19am On Feb 10, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

Including Shehu Sani. And so u applaud a criminal among the same set. Stop making noise boy. Which life u dey live? No be same NEPA u dey suffer like others because u fit manage get gen wey u dey ration fuel, abi na Nigerian used motor u get wey u go drive on same bad roads as others. Well boy, my future is never ruined not like yours.
Mind u I an not a fan of PMB. He is a complete failure but that blame is shared with the legislature and as such criticism of the govt should not come from them cos they are part of the govt. Grow some sense boy and don’t be fooled by mediocre who claim to speak d truth but do nothing to realize the truth they speak. Ur type were fooled like Ben Bruce but where is he now.
Learn to think broad and not come here to expose ur sheer stupidity and how naive he is.
If Shehu Sani speaks the truth let him do so to his rogue colleagues in the senate led by that super thief Saraki. Wake up little boy

Like I said earlier,lets not brag about life online. Wish you well. Like I mentioned earlier all politicians are criminals n I maintain there is nothing wrong with shehu sani said expect you have personal beef with him. I'm not a fan of his,I supported n voted for pmb n he has been a big disgrace n he needs people to tell hin that.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by Caseless: 9:53am On Feb 10, 2018
There's always this part of me that goes with the Catholic. They say it as it is and are not carried away by worldly things.

I love the Catholics.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by Ahmedgk(m): 12:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
The way you're abusing Buhari in this forum even your supposedly god Jesus will not like it!
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by billyG(m): 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
Shehu sanni d only sensible fulaniman.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by mechanics(m): 1:04pm On Feb 10, 2018
I like the way the senator writes.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by Homers123(m): 5:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

Shehu Sani succeded in deceiving u. Pls wake up
Is it your deceiving? stay your lane and paddle your canoe.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by AnanseK(m): 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2018
texazzpete:

Typical BMC dog. Attack without sense whenever his lord is being given feedback.

Everyone in this country knows that the Catholic Bishop council stood aside while many members of the clergy were being settled by the PDP. Not even Lai Mohammed can levy this accusation against the Catholics.

Before you begin to spout nonsense again, ask your paymasters to brief you properly. Because as it stands, both the PDP and APC will disavow you for this inane statement.

I am glad that you admit the settlement received by the clergy. I don’t know what Christianity you belong to. I thought it was one religion.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by jjswizz20: 6:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
1Ebisco:
Shehu Sani senator representing Kaduna central has commended catholic bishops for their visit to President Muhammad Buhari.

Shehu Sani applauded the bishops for telling Buhari the truth about the state of the nation.

The Catholic Bishops under the aegis of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, CBCN, had expressed their concern over the suffering in the country in a visit to the president. The had expressed great concern over the level of poverty, hunger, joblessness, insecurity, violence, fear amongst others in the country.

The clergymen told Buhari that his goodwill and integrity has fastly depleted since he entered into office in 2015.

The lawmaker in reaction to their visit also commended Buhari for lending a listening ear to the bishops.

On his twitter page, Sani wrote “When some visit the Rock,They sing.When some visit the Rock,They speak.

“When some visit the Rock,They sink. When some visit the Rock,They shiver.

“The Catholics visited the RockAnd spoke truth to power;And the Power listened with humility.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/shehu-sani-reacts-to-catholic-bishops.html

God spoke through Pope John Paul (Catholic Pope from Rome) to Late Sani Abacha to let go off Abiola but he wouldn't listen and got a reward for his actions and inactions.
Now God is passing a message to Buhari through his messengers once again. Will He listen or not, only time will tell. Buhari please my advice would be for you to pay attention to God's words. We all love you more than you hate us.

God bless Catholic Bishops
God bless Buhari
God bless Nigerians
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by texazzpete(m): 11:55am On Feb 11, 2018
AnanseK:

I am glad that you admit the settlement received by the clergy. I don’t know what Christianity you belong to. I thought it was one religion.

'many members of the clergy' is not the same as saying 'all member of the clergy '

also anyone over the age of 10 knows that there are multiple denominations in Christianity. so youre either being disingenuous or you aren't very smart at all.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by Sirjamo: 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sehu Sunday Sani, enjoy running your mouth for now, your defeat in 2019 is 3000% sure
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by AnanseK(m): 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2018
waveman2:
For ur information before u keep talking like a child he has d support of his constituents that is y he is voicing out. Olodo

You know nothing, you that is not Olodo

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/constituents-threaten-recall-senator-sani-alleged-opposition-buhari/
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari by iclass1: 9:12am On Apr 19, 2020
buffalowings:

After 3 years kwa
U dey craze

You and your generation dey mad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / 7 Billion Spent Yet Vp's House Still Incomplete [photo] / Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.