Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark (2880 Views)

BREAKING NEWS ; Jonathan, Mark Meet Chibok Girls’ Parents Behind Closed-doors.. / IMPEACHMENT NOTICE : Al-makura Begs Jonathan To Intervene. / Sir, I Want To Come & See You ––stella Oduah Begs Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by Beaf: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2010
[size=14pt]Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark[/size]
Cosmas Ekpunobi
20 April 2010

Lagos — Embattled speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Dimeji Bankole may have sought the help of the Acting President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and Senate President, David Mark to save his job.

Strong indications emerged yesterday that the speaker may have gone to Aso rock to beg for forgiveness.

The speaker in the meeting which was brokered by one of Jonathan's kinsmen in the Senate, Nimi Bariya Amange allegedly told the Acting President that his support for ailing President Umaru Yar'Adua was not a slight on Jonathan.

Bankole at the meeting pledged to work with the Acting President and also mobilize support for the quick passage of the 2010 budget. The speaker who has been in a battle of superiority with Mark was alleged to have made similar approach to the Senate President in his renewed move to save his job.

Some associates of the speaker believe that Mark and Jonathan have a hand in the fresh plot to impeach the speaker.

Bankole has come under fresh fire following insinuations that he worked against the emergence of Jonathan as the Acting president. Sources alleged that the speaker refused to dump Yar'Adua who at the fierce debate on the car scandal in the House saved the job of the two presiding officers. The ailing president was alleged then to have shielded the speaker from probe by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). Bankole argued that it would amount to betrayal for him dump Yar'Adua at the peak of the debate on his long absence from the country due to ill health.

Key players in the whole political drama that threw Jonathan up as the acting president in February saw the speaker then as the only stumbling block.

The actors, some of them who were members of Nigerian Interest Group (NIG) are said to be piling pressure of the Acting president to pay the speaker in his own coins.

But the speaker at the said meeting told Jonathan he had nothing personal against his emergence as the acting president.

He begged Jonathan to forgive him for his alleged refusal to support the 'doctrine of necessity' which threw him up as the acting president.

But Jonathan was said to have told him that though he is not harbouring any ill-feelings against him over his support for Yar'Adua, would not be there to protect him if he was found to have breached any law.

He however assured the speaker that he was not going to interfere in the affairs of the House, but advised the speaker to watch his back.

Daily Champion gathered yesterday that some lawmakers who were insisting on full scale inquest in the car purchase scam may regroup for fresh offensive when the House resumes sitting today after Easter break. Some of the lawmakers are also angry over the refusal of the speaker to effect changes in the headship of over 83 standing committees of the House.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201004200629.html
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by Beaf: 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2010
When will 9ja stop providing hilarious politics?
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by lannre(m): 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2010
Beaf:

when our electoral system is not link with comedy. Now what can we deduce from this, they only hit one another whenever their interest is affected. All I know is they dont care about us.If they like they can re-call him back to his constituency, who cares !
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by ziga: 5:37pm On Apr 20, 2010
Beaf:

Also,when will 9ja stop providing hilarious journalism. A lot of stories that come off as news are one person's speculation and most of them are untrue.
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2010
. . . may have sought the help of the Acting President  . . .

. . . He begged Jonathan to forgive him for his alleged refusal to support the 'doctrine of necessity' which threw him up as the acting president. . . .

. . . But Jonathan was said to have told him that though he is not harbouring any ill-feelings against him over his support for Yar'Adua, would not be there to protect him if he was found to have breached any law. . . .

. . . He however assured the speaker that he was not going to interfere in the affairs of the House, but advised the speaker to watch his back. . . .

All that sounds like something from a bad reality show. I believe this is nothing more than our RUMOR FACTORIES at work again
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by Beaf: 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2010
Rep confirms moves to oust Bankole
News
Written by Turaki A. Hassan   
Monday, 19 April 2010 23:05
A member of the Nigeria First Forum (NFF) lobby group in the House of Representatives said the group is going to push for leadership change in the lower legislative chamber.

The PDP lawmaker who does not want his name in print said the main objective of forming the NFF was to “create the enabling environment for the Acting President Goodluck Jonathan to do his work without any hindrance from any quarter.”

“We have been meeting in Valencia Hotel; it is our usual meeting venue and we do meet at least two times a week. The NFF is quite embarrassed that in terms of weight and respect, the Senate is a ahead of us. We are not happy with the way things are being run in the House by the leadership. I could remember for 50 days the Speaker did not recognize me to contribute on the floor of the House.”

He said the House leadership was forced to pass the resolution that made Goodluck Jonathan acting president following the group’s intervention. “The House will have passed a contrary motion. We had to go into closed session three times before we got the motion passed because the leadership was not interested in that,” he said.

Daily Trust gathered yesterday that Speaker Dimeji Bankole has started making efforts to void the plot to impeach him as he has acquired a new GSM line with which he reportedly sent text messages to members pleading with them to shelve the impeachment move.

[size=14pt]One of the text message obtained by this paper reads, “This is my new number, you can reach me through it 24/7 and I am pleading with you to drop that thing.”   [/size]

One of the strategies the leadership was said to put in place to prevent introduction of the impeachment motion is dedication of today, Wednesday and Thursday plenary sessions for the consideration of the constitutional amendment bill.

The House notice paper for the week indicates that while today and tomorrow’s meeting will be used to debate the bill clause by clause, Thursday’s session will be for voting on the bill.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17563:rep-confirms-moves-to-oust-bankole-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=119

grin grin grin grin
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by chosen04(f): 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2010
Beaf:

He however assured the speaker that he was not going to interfere in the affairs of the House, but advised the speaker to watch his back.

In other words, Is days as the speaker is numbered?

When a man in an acting capacity uses words like this. In the two options left ONE must happen
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by safariman(m): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2010
If the report is true, what ever happened to the separation of the powers? And if the story is not true, another yellow journalism
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2010
You don't even have to look to close to detect it is probably 80% false. How did they get access to the text message he sent out to senators? Notice the article does not even tell the source of it. I mean we are talking of Nigerian media houses and not TMZ. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by safariman(m): 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2010
^^^^^
Another unprofessional practices by our news media organizations or tabloid journalists
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by superboi(m): 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2010
How the guy take go Aso rock yesterday when volcanic ash don trap am for europe?by astra travel?lol yeye journalist.
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2010
superboi:

How the guy take go Aso rock yesterday when volcanic ash don trap am for europe?by astra travel?lol yeye journalist.

good one!!! ROFLMAO!!!

My friend still dey trapped in Nigeria sef . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by violent(m): 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2010
I'm tired of hearing "One of our sources said a source said an eyewitness saw an undisclosed man speaking with another undisclosed man on. . . . . . "

Total bollocks!

If they {Journalist} don't have a news to report, why not take up another job. . . like turn fishermen? instead of publishing trash and misinforming Nigerians with fictitious stories
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by OAM4J: 3:13am On Apr 21, 2010
Nigeria Journalism at its worse. Nonsense!
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by becomricha: 4:55am On Apr 21, 2010
That why I laugh over here some time when I see this canadian people do something. They do not know I can influence africa politics for  or  against them.  The canadian and USA embassy is located in Yorubaland. I can influence decision of some africa countries.

I was joking with a canadian lawyer that I can become the president of Nigeria. He assume that I was joking because he does not understand nigeria politics. My probabilty as a Yorubaman with my political activities can win me the  2011 election. My probability  is higher than Jonathan  the president of Nigeria or david mark. I can even influence impeachment of the president of Nigeria or the senate president. The canadian government does not know that. 

President IBB media step son was my classmate in school. President Buhari is my friend father friend. His friend Idiagbon children were my schoolmate.  President Ernest Sonekan my classmate uncle. Emir of zaria is my roommate uncle. The governor of kaduna is my friend brother. The governor of Adamawa state brother use to be my landlord. The governor of kwara state brother and sister were my school mate,. Two of his commissioner are my schoolmate. The governor of Ondo state is my family friend. My father have know him since he was a baby. Akala cousin is my friend in canada. Gbenga daniel ogun state governor is a family friend. delta state governor knows Ogbebor my schoolmate. Obasanjo son in law my friend.  I can list several governors and senators  I have link too. With labour movement in Nigeria, The world famous human right activist Gani fawehinmi my grand aunty step son. With militia in the niger delta, I did my best to make sure thier leader did not die in jail. femi Falana  nephew my schoolmate. Tunde. Thinking aloud, Tunde where is Ruku.  Ruku. Ruku. Ruku. You dont want to be in a fight with Ruku. He was 7 feet tall.

Now back to the topic.

what the newspaper is trying to do is get Jonathan and david mark impeach.

This is what the igbo newspapers is trying to do. It is just pure ethnics politics. The igbos want the presidency and will do anything.

David is an Idoma , the idoma in the senate have only 1 seat in the senate.
Jonathan is an Ijaw man. The ijaw people have 4 seat in the senate
Bankole is a Yorubaman. The Yoruba people have nearly 1/3 of the senate seat.  enough seat to block impeachment .

The north would support the impreachment of both of them. The only thing  blocking  the vote is in the hands of the yorubas. That the game the newspaper is playing, ethnics politics.

The probabilty of a yorubaman becoming president is higher than an average nigerian or even the president.

So what the newspaper is trying to do, since it is own by an igbo man who is very close to IBB  is trying to  use ethnics politics to get rid of Jonathan and david mark.  Basically the owner of the newspapers knows how nigeria politics works. If jonathan get into trouble with the Yorubas. I can tell you Jonathan would be Impeached. It is pure ethnics politics.

Jonathan and David mark would be gone. That is what the newspaper is playing with.

Jonathan better be careful or he would be out of the way.  That is why , Jonathan and David mark better look at this picture of satellite picture very well. They would  Impeach both of them. If the yorubas do not get justice and the north do not get majority.   This is democracy and the senate president david mark and president of nigeria are both not powerful because of the number of seat thier ethnics group have. So the newspaper is playing on thier weakness.

So the igbo newspaper want an igbo man to replace them obvious.

I am telling you from knowing nigeria politics if Jonathan and David mark do not listen to advice. And get the yorubas justice with the satellite picture.  They would impreach both of them very soon. The north want structural reform. And so is the Yorubas. The Yorubas and the far north have enough senators in both house of the senate and house of assembly to impreach the president and senate president to get what we want. And that is structural reform.  And if they do not get it. they would impreach the president and the senate president. Thier jobs are up from grasp, if there is no structural reform.    The north would not agree to been minority.

Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by ikeyman00(m): 6:16am On Apr 21, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

once again i think the whole world will agree with me this man is hmmmm hahhaa

igbo hater fanatics!!! yes sir

most tribalist yorubaman just like his kinsman Awolowo

u cant be damn serious!!!

oh yes by the way; how come emm u didnt go to lagos stadium in 2008 as u said to preach; lets start from there
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by blacksta(m): 7:39am On Apr 21, 2010

I was joking with a canadian lawyer that I can become the president of Nigeria. He assume that I was joking because he does not understand nigeria politics. My probabilty as a Yorubaman with my political activities can win me the 2011 election. My probability is higher than Jonathan the president of Nigeria or david mark. I can even influence impeachment of the president of Nigeria or the senate president. The canadian government does not know that.

[b]President IBB media step son was my classmate in school. President Buhari is my friend father friend. His friend Idiagbon children were my schoolmate. President Ernest Sonekan my classmate uncle. Emir of zaria is my roommate uncle. The governor of kaduna is my friend brother. The governor of Adamawa state brother use to be my landlord. The governor of kwara state brother and sister were my school mate,. Two of his commissioner are my schoolmate. The governor of Ondo state is my family friend. My father have know him since he was a baby. Akala cousin is my friend in canada. Gbenga daniel ogun state governor is a family friend. delta state governor knows Ogbebor my schoolmate. Obasanjo son in law my friend. I can list several governors and senators I have link too. With labour movement in Nigeria, The world famous human right activist Gani fawehinmi my grand aunty step son. With militia in the niger delta, I did my best to make sure thier leader did not die in jail. femi Falana nephew my schoolmate. Tunde. Thinking aloud, Tunde where is Ruku. Ruku. Ruku. Ruku. You dont want to be in a fight with Ruku. He was 7 feet tall.[/b]

Becomrich has definitely lost it -- lol
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by desgiezd(m): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2010
^^^ Even the Acting President is the brother of a guy that sat beside me in a molue bus on a trip from Jankara Market to Oshodi in 1990. Who says mee too no sabi people.
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by nethacker(m): 9:15am On Apr 21, 2010
i think becomerich or watever he is , should be re-examined,
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by becomricha: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2010
desgiezd , you make me laugh over ,  You dont know Yoruba politics. Money can not win you vote. Go ask, they would kill you if you steal thier vote. History my friend.

The probability of a nigerian president  been killed is higher than been killed in a road accident.

Of  5 president of  11 president are dead if you include Yar adua been half gone.  It tell you, money means nothing in Nigeria.  even IBB was beat up in mosque in the north on several occasion by northerners.  a northerner gave him a slap in a mosque. It tell you the country we come from.   Money cant buy you president . abiola never became president.

Was Adedibu a rich man. NO.  Awolowo was not a rich man, when he became premier of the western region. When nobody dare to speak up, he did. He was living in london. And went back home and won the election. He did not have money. Go and find out this.

Is Pastor Adeboye a rich man.  You would shock. He has no money. But he has private jet. Look when Adeboye built is first house, he got into trouble. Someone came and told him. I would give you roof sheet to complete this house. Pastor Adeboye assume the root sheet was a gift. But later the man came and said. I want the money for the roof sheet. Ye pa, pastor adeboye said. He had no money to pay him.

This is how unique. look you, Look you Obasanjo has to prostrate as president of nigeria, for someone younger than him because the other fellow is an oba or sultan. Obasanjo is older than most of the kings. but obasanjo prostrate before king. Adenuga has $1billion but adenuga has to prostrate to a man with less than $100 in his pocket. Look you if mike adenuga or femi Otedola ($1 billion) see my father, they have to prostrate. It shows you we are unique. money cant buy you the presidency.

Look you, Go and ask any Yoruba man. if they would vote for me. What I done is fight for thier right. Which some people are over looking. And when I say, we should make the north majority and some people in government are considering thier own personal selfish over the interest of the North to make the North majority, do you think, the north knowing that I am about to make them majority would not vote to for me. You dont know Nigeria. Even if I tell the north to go on the street to show the united nation they do not want to be minority. You would see millions on the street.

What I am saying, it takes more than money to be president of nigeria. Because you are president today, it does not mean you are going to be there tomorrow. You see nigeria is so unique. money cant buy you the presidency of nigeria. ONE man does not make a forest.   

We say humans are my cloths. Eniyan la so mi.
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by becomricha: 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2010
This is how unique. look you, Look you Obasanjo has to  prostrate as president of nigeria, for someone younger than him because the other fellow is an oba or sultan. Obasanjo is older than most of the kings. but obasanjo  prostrate before king.  Adenuga has $1billion but adenuga has to  prostrate to a man with less than $100 in his pocket. Look you if mike adenuga or femi Otedola ($1 billion) see my father, they have to  prostrate. It shows you we are unique. money cant buy you the presidency.

Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by bibiking1(m): 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2010
I fear thee Becomerich!!!
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by violent(m): 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2010
becomricha:

This is how unique. look you, Look you Obasanjo has to  prostrate as president of nigeria, for someone younger than him because the other fellow is an oba or sultan. Obasanjo is older than most of the kings. but obasanjo  prostrate before king.  Adenuga has $1billion but adenuga has to  prostrate to a man with less than $100 in his pocket. Look you if mike adenuga or femi Otedola ($1 billion) see my father, they have to  prostrate. It shows you we are unique. money cant buy you the presidency.

such trash!
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by Beaf: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2010
[size=14pt]Becomerich, go and sleep. You're very tired![/size]
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2010
Please what does a picture of ordination of Catholic Priests have to do with this debate?
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by otokx(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2010
Another media creation.
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by chosen04(f): 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2010
becomricha:

President IBB media step son was my classmate in school.

The ijaw people have 4 seat in the senate.

Pls can somebody explain what BECOMERICH is trying to say with his comment above.
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by kobikwelu(m): 4:42pm On Apr 21, 2010
nigerian "brown envelope " journalist, angry angry angry

all these conspiracy theories

that are just figments of their hungry/poverty imaginations.

evry day, its this and that, tomorrow, its that and them, angry angry angry.

thats y i dont believe what i read on the papers (speculations) till i confirm it in the news
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by Beaf: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2010
becomricha:

. . .
[size=14pt]President Buhari is my friend father friend[/size]. His friend Idiagbon children were my schoolmate.  President Ernest Sonekan my classmate uncle. Emir of zaria is my roommate uncle. The governor of kaduna is my friend brother. . . Obasanjo son in law my friend. . . The world famous human right activist Gani fawehinmi my grand aunty step son. [size=14pt]With militia in the niger delta, I did my best to make sure thier leader did not die in jail[/size].  femi Falana  nephew my schoolmate. [size=14pt]Tunde. Thinking aloud, Tunde where is Ruku.  Ruku. Ruku. Ruku[/size]. You dont want to be in a fight with Ruku. He was 7 feet tall.
. . .

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Damn!
Is there a doctor on NL? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by youngies(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2010
Beaf:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Damn!
Is there a doctor on NL? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chief Consultant Dr. youngies in da house
Anybody needs help? undecided
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by Beaf: 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2010
^
grin Doctor, please analyse the mind that generated this (the owner might need your expert help);

becomerich: . . .Tunde. Thinking aloud, Tunde where is Ruku.  Ruku. Ruku. Ruku. . .
Re: Impeachment - Bankole Begs Jonathan, Mark by youngies(m): 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2010
If I recall correctly, I have met this patient before.
Unfortunately I tried my best to treat him, but later found out that his illness has no known cure

His affliction can only be MANAGED

Please bear with me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Blasts: SSS Takes Suspects To Court / Buhari's Loan Vs Gej's Donations / What I Saw On Bloomberg This Morning (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.