Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

A Poor Recruitment Process By Ace Nigeria(african Courier Service) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Poor Recruitment Process By Ace Nigeria(african Courier Service) (3011 Views)

Afritv Recruitment Process / NNPC Closes Application Portal, Announces Second Phase Of Recruitment Process / KPMG 2018 Graduate Trainee Recruitment Process. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Poor Recruitment Process By Ace Nigeria(african Courier Service) by Hankonyibu(m): 2:59am On Feb 10, 2018
If you are ever invited for an aptitude test by these guys its best you ignore them that's if you have a sure alternative like another job interview or you have a job at that time.

My Friend narrated to me his ordeal with the company Ace when he was invited for an aptitude test. He wasn't impressed with the organization. First of all he said the security man stationed at the entrance was very rude and far from hospitable almost as if he felt superior over job seekers.

My friend said when he got to the building he asked the security man if he was in the right place and the way the man answered was less than welcoming.

My friend entered inside the building and waited with other job seekers till they were finally called to take the aptitude test.

The so-called aptitude test was based on primary 2 mathematics and logics, he recalled that they were six in number that took it. He said 30 questions was given to them to answer under 20 mins. After 20 mins was over a scrawny lady with an uncanny accent came in to collect the papers barely 10 mins afterwards she announced those who succeeded the first stage collected their cv's and asked all of them to leave.

These guys recruitment process is poor and unprofessional. They never even asked of his experience on the position he applied for. So basically his whole job competency is being evaluated solely on primary school maths.

If you fail the exam your indirectly being told your good for nothing. Don't waste your Tfare in hopes of being employed by Ace only to be kicked back harder into the job search market again.

Michael.
Re: A Poor Recruitment Process By Ace Nigeria(african Courier Service) by brightgreat(m): 6:49am On Feb 10, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: A Poor Recruitment Process By Ace Nigeria(african Courier Service) by fizzy4luv(m): 7:12am On Feb 10, 2018
While I can't comment on their job recruitment exercise I can relate with the security guards. I was at their office last year to drop a business proposal and the guy was just rude and too egocentric. From his directions in parking my car to questions asked on my intent with Ace, I had to leave with annoyance that day and take my business proposition elsewhere. if a security man who is at first level contact behaves that way, only God knows what lies within the company.

I am actually surprised though as this doesn't relate with what is obtainable at Jumia, a company confounded by the owner of Ace.

3 Likes

Re: A Poor Recruitment Process By Ace Nigeria(african Courier Service) by Jethrolite(m): 9:00am On Feb 10, 2018
fizzy4luv:
While I can't comment on their job recruitment exercise I can relate with the security guards. I was at their office last year to drop a business proposal and the guy was just rude and too egocentric. From his directions in parking my car to questions asked on my intent with Ace, I had to leave with annoyance that day and take my business proposition elsewhere. if a security man who is at first level contact behaves that way, only God knows what lies within the company.

I am actually surprised though as this doesn't relate with what is obtainable at Jumia, a company confounded by the owner of Ace.
That co-founder name is just a sticker, Jumia only used a Nigerian to quickly gain market ground. He wasn't even the first person sponsors of Jumia contacted while they were trying to enter Nigeria. Running his own firm is exposing his management style, I hope things change for the better.
Re: A Poor Recruitment Process By Ace Nigeria(african Courier Service) by emmyclassic(m): 9:48am On Feb 10, 2018
OP, I am still trying to find what they did wrong as regards their recruitment apart from the rude security personnel

4 Likes

Re: A Poor Recruitment Process By Ace Nigeria(african Courier Service) by Brightgem(f): 10:58am On Feb 10, 2018
Poor enough. Because while one might be looking for a job, its good to rate the environment it looks like you might be working in and their ethics. If its poor, just move along, cuz thats bad signal.
Re: A Poor Recruitment Process By Ace Nigeria(african Courier Service) by sholaball: 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
Hankonyibu:
If you are ever invited for an aptitude test by these guys its best you ignore them that's if you have a sure alternative like another job interview or you have a job at that time.

My Friend narrated to me his ordeal with the company Ace when he was invited for an aptitude test. He wasn't impressed with the organization. First of all he said the security man stationed at the entrance was very rude and far from hospitable almost as if he felt superior over job seekers.

My friend said when he got to the building he asked the security man if he was in the right place and the way the man answered was less than welcoming.

My friend entered inside the building and waited with other job seekers till they were finally called to take the aptitude test.

The so-called aptitude test was based on primary 2 mathematics and logics, he recalled that they were six in number that took it. He said 30 questions was given to them to answer under 20 mins. After 20 mins was over a scrawny lady with an uncanny accent came in to collect the papers barely 10 mins afterwards she announced those who succeeded the first stage collected their cv's and asked all of them to leave.

These guys recruitment process is poor and unprofessional. They never even asked of his experience on the position he applied for. So basically his whole job competency is being evaluated solely on primary school maths.

If you fail the exam your indirectly being told your good for nothing. Don't waste your Tfare in hopes of being employed by Ace only to be kicked back harder into the job search market again.

Michael.

Mehn I thought I was the only thinking this way. I couldn't believe my ears why that very same lady with fake accent said I failed along with two other guys that we did the simple maths together. I was so disappointed and felt I must be really poor but I knew something was fishy. Have moved on to write very difficult aptitude tests and aced by God's grace failed some as well but I would never believe I failed that JSS 1 test God big pass dem

1 Like

Re: A Poor Recruitment Process By Ace Nigeria(african Courier Service) by Hankonyibu(m): 11:40am On Feb 20, 2018
emmyclassic:
OP, I am still trying to find what they did wrong as regards their recruitment apart from the rude security personnel

A lot its bad. You are meant to be interviewed first of all.

(1) (Reply)

If Your Presently Not Working Please Come Here Now / Data Entering Job / Starcomm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.