Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,584 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

How To Sleep Better Every Night: The Science Of Sleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Sleep Better Every Night: The Science Of Sleep (393 Views)

How To Make Your Baby Sleep Better: Mine Sleeps For Around 10 Hours A Night!!! / How Lack Of Sleep Can Affect Your Health. / Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Sleep Better Every Night: The Science Of Sleep by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 10, 2018
Part 1: THE SCIENCE INVOLVED IN SLEEP

Learning how to sleep better is crucial for long life and healthy lifestyles. Some of us chase the whole day for material gains and most leave behind what they labored for through mysterious ways due to stress and fatigue. Neglecting the most crucial thing, that is the cause of all these is abnormality.

If you want to learn how to sleep better then you are in the right place. This article will see you to everything you need to get a better sleep and leave healthier. I will take my time to explain the science of sleep and the reason why many people suffer severely from sleep deprivation without even knowing it.

At last offer practical tips for getting better sleep and sustaining more energy.
This article is in three parts: part (i), part (ii) and part (iii).

PART (I) The Science Involved In Sleep
Why do I have to sleep (the purpose)?
Imagine how we do power down from active human being we are during the day into the state of hibernation quietly after every day stress and activities. This tells us that sleep is one of the strangest things we do every day. Remember, average adult human spend up to 36% of his or her life asleep.
Then, what is sleep? Why is it so important to restore our bodies and minds with sleep? What is the effect on our lives when we are finally awake?

This leads us to the PURPOSES OF SLEEP.
There are multiple purposes which sleep serves which are very crucial to your body and brain. We will break them down gradually:
The first is restoration purposes: neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease are as a result of our brain accumulating too much metabolic wastes every day we carry out our daily activities. Though, this is normal but excess of it is abnormal.

Good, now how do we get rid of these metabolic wastes? According to recent research, it was declared that sleep plays a crucial role in cleansing out our brain each night.
A little bit of these toxins can be cleaned out during wake but, true research has proven that a whole lot of these metabolic waste are well washed out two-folds-faster during thorough sleep.
Is it not remarkable the way this process works? This question should be left for your imaginations.

The brain glymphatic system take out trash more easily during sleep through brain cells, and actually, these brain cells shrink by 60 percent allowing the plymphatic system to do her job more efficiently.
The result is that,--- http://kingsleyanyi.com/articles.php

Re: How To Sleep Better Every Night: The Science Of Sleep by newyorks(m): 9:52am On Feb 10, 2018
what sort of rubbish this early morn?

(1) (Reply)

Lassa Fever Kills Two Pregnant Women, One Other In Benue / Philips Kids' Hair Clipper Series 1000 HC1091 / Butt Lift Exercise For Beginners. Bubble Butt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.