Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Transcendence - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Transcendence (354 Views)

Transcendence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transcendence by Tonieokey(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2018
Transcendence,
A short story.
It was the night of December the 24th and I was sure going to party with reckless abandon.
The dance floor was already jammed as I saw non familiar faces all over the place.
Then I spotted her, a petite fair beauty whining what turned out to be an impressive derriere to the beat of the music. She was oblivious to my stares at first, but as time went on, our eyes met briefly and I could swear with my grandfather's name that I saw a tiny smile play on her full lips. perhaps this would be much easier than I had anticipated. I would ask her for a dance, but first I had to take a few more shots so I could get to that point where my mind would detach from my body, cascading through orbit as I feel the galaxy align to perfection.
After shots of Jack Daniels, I was ready, and as I made my way to her, I noticed that she neither turned nor made any effort to acknowledge my stride yet I know she saw me by the angle of her body as she consciously leaned away from me. I almost ran into a small man, who clearly had drank a tad too much alcohol.
I was about to shout him down before he apologized profusely as he quickly made his way out of sight.
I finally got to her and she wasted no time meeting me halfway, turning around and grinding into me what proved to be a soft posterior, jamming into my pelvic region with such gusto that shouldn't be associated with her exquisite frame. We kept up with this sinful dance for a while longer until we were both sufficiently aroused, then automatically decided to take the next logical step, which was to leave the sweaty bodies around us and zoom off to a more private place if you know what I mean.
She was leaning more into me as I held her body tight to me, squeezing everything my hand could touch in the process, this only elicted tiny giggles from what are the most sensuous lips I had seen in a while and I couldn't wait to devour them, her too. She was clearly tipsy,but we steadily made our way outside and toward my car.
I opened the passenger door, gently lowering her onto the soft seat and as I jogged around to my side, I noticed how empty the parking lot was, not a soul in sight. This sent little chills down my spine but I quickly waved it off: over active imagination I thought to myself.
I got in and searched for my wallet to keep in its designated space but found nothing. I checked myself and my mind quickly went back to my encounter with the small man. "damn" I muttered, hitting the steering in the process. I closed my eyes, leaning back onto my seat.
Then I felt a cold metal on the side of my head and I immediately knew what It was. "Damn", I didn't roll my window up and a thousand possible scenarios played through my head in that instant. The girl beside me had passed out and I wonder what would happen to her. "get out of the damn car fool" yelled the small man. I quietly oblidged, stepping out while taking a look at the girl from the corner of my eye. I couldn't see her face much but I knew for a fact that she had no idea what was going on.
I looked at the man and it occurred to me that I can take this fellow on, a few jabs on his faulty stance and he would hit the floor hard, gun or not. I was about making my move when I heard another voice behind me "don't even think about it". "Wait, that voice sounds familiar I mutter". The owner of the voice then did me a favour by coming out front and it was no other than the supposed passed out female companion of mine, gun in hand with a face as cold as ice. I smile to myself, these two little humans holding me up at gun point, isn't this wonderful?
The man brought out my Atm card, inserted into a POS machine and ask that I cooperate or have my brains all over the floor. I didn't flinch, just entered my pin, not looking at the amount selected. This went of for a couple of times before they both smiled, throwing my possessions to the floor and asking me to get in the car and drive away quickly or get what's coming to me.
I made to step back into my car, instead, I went for the automatic pistol under my seat and as I attempted to turn and shoot, I heard a gunshot, piercing the quiet of the night, and my right rib cage. with the last strength I could muster, I fired back sparodically, not seeing clearly if I had hit any target or not. Another well taken shot into my groin region and I fell to the floor, the pain numbing my senses, the blood trickling down, like a thick fountain eager to get to its destination.
I heard footsteps running from me as my life begin to fade, then almost immediately, a bright light shines right into my eyes and the pain was gone. I try to touch the areas I was shot at but to my surprise, everything in me had shrunk. Is this what death feels like? Wait. Something's not quite right, I am a baby again, an infant with all my memories intact.
Then I hear
"this one has been prepped and is good to go"
Then it dawns on me that I just had my last moments as a human played for me before being sent to earth. This meant I get to know when I'll die and the circumstances that will lead to my demise. This also means I could avoid this doomed end. I smile to myself, gladly moving along.
I hear a loud sound as I begin a free fall, no doubt to Mother's womb and I smile, ready for this adventure.
As I slide through galaxies, on my way to earth, my memories begin to fade.
"No!! No!! Nooooo!!! " I yelled, but it was of no use.
So this is how I would die I thought to myself, a black Christmas for my family and loved ones. Perhaps I shouldn't have many people love me so as to reduce the number of expected grievers.
The last thing I remember was ruminating that if die as planned, it means I am destined for hell fire.
As I almost make contact with my mother's womb with the last of my memory ebbing away, I sob a little.
"damn".
McAnthony Okechukwu,

(1) (Reply)

Language And Dialect: Is There Any Difference? / Unveiling The Ned Policy Book: This Is Not Business As Usual / Caine Prize 2018 Shortlist: A Celebration Of Orthodoxy, Mediocrity And Cliches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.