Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

18 Year Old Boy Marries 60 Year Old Woman! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 18 Year Old Boy Marries 60 Year Old Woman! (3855 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Jim Nwobodo Marries Patricia After Dumping PDP For APC Today(pic / #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

18 Year Old Boy Marries 60 Year Old Woman! by evil666(m): 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2010
Mother of an 18 year-old teenage boy has filed a suit seeking for the dissolution of a marriage contracted between her son and a 60-year old woman.

The mother of the teenage boy, Malama Aisha Umar told the court that her son, Bashir Umar married A’i Maikare who has clocked 60 years old.

Describing the affair as unfortunate she told the presiding Judge, Alhaji Bashir Dan Maisule that her son was charmed by the woman who lured him into marrying her.

The mother told the court that her son had never thought of marriage even to young girls hence, prayed the court to dissolve purported the marriage to a woman old enough to be his grandmother.

"Pleading she told the Judge that the woman had charmed her son making him to marry her so I appeal to this honorable court to save my son from this shameful act," he said.

The mother of the boy affirmed that she had three witnesses to testify that her son was charmed by Malama A’i Maikare who made him to lose his senses.

The mother said A’i Maikare has been her good friend for a long period of time and each of them used to visit each other, adding that she later became suspicious of the cordial relationship existing between her son and the old woman.

The Presiding Judge asked whether it is true that A’i Maikare charmed Umar to capture his attention for marriage, the old woman said that it was not true.

According to the old woman she said there was nothing like the use of charm but it was only the true love and appealed to the court not to dissolve the marriage as prayed by the mother of the boy.

The Judge however asked whether the marriage was done in his consent the teenage boy said he was in his senses when he proposed Malama A’i Maikare for marriage, adding that he paid the woman a dowry of N5, 000 to contract the marriage.

He said one Malama Umar Dattijo of Zawayyah area contracted the marriage and many people witnessed it as enshrined by God.

Speaking to Daily Champion after the court session, the teenage boy Bashir Umar said he would never dissolve his beloved wife as demanded by his mother. The Presiding Judge later adjourned the case for continuation of the case in April this year.

http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=31146
Re: 18 Year Old Boy Marries 60 Year Old Woman! by snowdrops(m): 8:31pm On Apr 20, 2010
Wrong section but interesting story.
Re: 18 Year Old Boy Marries 60 Year Old Woman! by Mbeki: 9:19am On Apr 21, 2010
Ahmend Sani Zamfara at 60 married a 13 yr old

Bashir Umar 18 married A'I Maikare 60 yr Old

Cradle robbery on the rampage in the North!

(1) (Reply)

Who Wins In Imo State? / Winners And Losers Of The Subsidy Probe / Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.