Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

How To Manage Your Finances As An Undergraduate Without Becoming A Miser. . - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Manage Your Finances As An Undergraduate Without Becoming A Miser. . (314 Views)

Learning To Manage Your Finances As An Entrepreneur Will Help Your Business grow / Steps To Become Your Own Boss And Control Your Finances / Great Lessons About Money That Would Help Your Finances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Manage Your Finances As An Undergraduate Without Becoming A Miser. . by sadoroy(m): 1:47pm On Feb 10, 2018

How To Manage Your Finances As An Undergraduate Without Becoming A Miser.

Ogundimu Samuel Olajide - sadoroy

DON'T CALL BAE EVERY TIME: some people believe if they call their gf or bf more often, they won't cheat!!! Deceptions!! Girls who date yahoo boys cheat, not to talk of a typical student, don't waste all your resources calling your partner, let them breathe, let them miss you a bit, once or twice a day is enough, not the one you call till the battery goes down and your pocket runs dry.

CUT OFF UNNECESSARY FRIENDS: you know those friends that never have, those ones that are always broke, they contribute nothing to your financial or moral welfare, all they do is come to your place and start scavenging like a garbage guy, you don't need them in your life. Funniest thing is they use the best phone and never run out of sub, and still find time to give their gf money to fry hair, after they use their pocket money to buy the latest designer, then they come around with an empty plate and sweet words, let them go, tell them "egbon am not nice".

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ONLINE: unless you are a blogger, or the internet fetch you money or common sense, then you don't have to be online 2 4 7, you don't have to subscribe, you are on whatsapp sending "hi", "hey" "wassup" "how are you"!!!! So what?? Is that not boring already?? I haven't been online in months and I didn't die, if I want to read news, I use free basics, all the news line are there, you save a lot of money when megabytes is not one of your main problems.

COOK: it was really good learning how to cook from home, I learnt how to use my hand to grind pepper with mortar and stone, makes the soup more delicious. When you cook more, you save more, you eat healthy, all those buka that uses dirty water and all, you never can tell, buying foodstuffs saves you money, you need the garri, rice and beans in the store, so once in a while, while less busy, you can hit the kitchen and arouse the aroma with the cookie jar.

DRESS SIMPLE: you don't have to always wear designer, dress simple, smart and neat, I have seen students wearing gucci, versace, cavalli, medusa to go and fetch water from the bore hole, when they did not swear for you!!!! I know people that drink garri for one good week just to buy designer, then they buy the clothing and look like a hose in a ghana must go, once you can afford to appear responsible and neat, you can have important wears for important occasion, but cut it, be humble, sit down.

KEEP IT AT HOME: stop putting money you don't need in your pocket, you will end up spending it, take only the cash you really need to sustain your day, transport fare, money for water or light food and other miscellaneous, when people ask you for money, nemo dat quod non habet, you cannot give what you don't have, you won't have to buy everything you see, you would be able to save, and you would have money at home for emergencies, it will save you from borrowing all the time.

HAVE A TRUSTED DEALER: if you have that one woman that sells things to you on credit, she's bae, keep her, you make a list of things you would definitely need, buy it from her, know the price, when you go to the bank, collect the money you owe her, and a little change for upkeep and assignments, pay your debts, and you will still have money, and still collect more things on credit, not touching your pocket money, but on the expected money.

If YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT; TAKE YOUR ASS OFF THE ROOM MATE: if you can't be the one feeding your room mate, please don't have one. Some room mates are really lazy, deluded and destiny marauders, they won't help with anything, they don't always receive money from home, they won't clean, they finish the foodstuff on time, and when there is nothing at home, they don't come home, they go to another client, you either leave that house or let them go, that's just the simple truth.

BE CONTENTED: lastly, if you lack contentment, you will always be broke, you need to be satisfied with what you have, when you keep comparing the lives of other students to yours, you would never be satisfied with what you have, whereas you don't even know their source of income, don't borrow to look fly, take good care of the little you have, people will think yopu have everything, once you can develop a maintenance culture, you would be fine.

Drop your comments, suggestions, contributions, assertions and dissenting views here or @xhamhuelroy@gmail.com

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Come And Make Big Money / Experienced Affiliate Marketers Needed To Market Online Courses : Good pay / Courier /delivery Services Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.