Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? (4693 Views)

Where Does Tinubu Get His Money? / Did Tinubu Succeeded In Stopping Ambode's Ministerial Bid? / 2019: What Did Tinubu See In Buhari That Other Nigerians Don't See? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by LordAdam16: 2:12am On Feb 11, 2018
DUTCHDON:

Some of the worst looting the world has ever experienced is going on in Federal,State and Local government. It spans across parties PDP,APC,and APGA. Nigeria is supposed to look like America or Germany,but the greed of it's fantastically corrupt leaders, who want to fly in private jets,live in Banana Island and Garki and drive around in Rolls Royce will never allow that to happen,they want to keep the country ina perpetual state of being a shithole.

The State governments especially are cancer.

At least when looting in the FG is exposed, there's outrage and attempts by the officials to downplay it or close it. In the states, no one would even expose anything, and when they're exposed no one gives a sh*t.

90% of governors who've ruled since 1999 should be shot in the balls. Some of them are worse than Buhari, and that's even a compliment. In my home state, the job of the governor is to share money and contracts to members of the very large political family that has produced all political office holders in the state till date. That's it.

All of this is because of the accursed system we operate where all focus is on Abuja. For example, if the FG refuses to pay workers for 2 months, I guarantee you that the country will boil. But there are states owing more than 12 months salary, paying half salaries, have received billions in bailout funds and are still owing; and everyone is relaxed like it is normal.

The country is effed up from the ground up; and it needs to be urgently restructured. Every year that this structure remains, we lose trillions of naira. The combined budget of FG and States for 2018 is 26 Trillion Naira, yet we'd be looking for roads, water, electricity and other basic necessities. In the next 4 years, we'd waste 100 TRILLION. Take a minute to soak that in. And we'd be complaining of the same sh*t after that much money is spent.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Ratello: 2:24am On Feb 11, 2018
aolawale025:

Tinubu was just an accountant in Mobil.
No sir, worked as a Treasurer still under the Accountant to Mobil Oil ltd the marketing arm of Mobil Nigeria Unlimited which is the Parent body to Mobil Oil ltd

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 2:33am On Feb 11, 2018
Ratello:

No sir, works as a Treasurer still under the Accountant to Mibil Oil ltd and not Mobil Unlimited which is the Parent body
shocked
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 2:37am On Feb 11, 2018
LordAdam16:

The State governments especially are cancer.

At least when looting in the FG is exposed, there's outrage and attempts by the officials to downplay it or close it. In the states, no one would even expose anything, and when they're exposed no one gives a sh*t.

90% of governors who've ruled since 1999 should be shot in the balls. Some of them are worse than Buhari, and that's even a compliment. In my home state, the job of the governor is to share money and contracts to members of the very large political family that has produced all political office holders in the state till date. That's it.

All of this is because of the accursed system we operate where all focus is on Abuja. For example, if the FG refuses to pay workers for 2 months, I guarantee you that the country will boil. But there are states owing more than 12 months salary, paying half salaries, have received billions in bailout funds and are still owing; and everyone is relaxed like it is normal.

The country is effed up from the ground up; and it needs to be urgently restructured. Every year that this structure remains, we lose trillions of naira. The combined budget of FG and States for 2018 is 26 Trillion Naira, yet we'd be looking for roads, water, electricity and other basic necessities. In the next 4 years, we'd waste 100 TRILLION. Take a minute to soak that in. And we'd be complaining of the same sh*t after that much money is spent.

-Lord
I we have competent leaders at Federal and State level rule us for 8 years. Nigeria will will be transformed and look a lot like Dubai or Hong Kong,we have the money. Nigeria was never ready for self rule. It's most corrupt and people that lack empathy are always to ones to get into public office

1 Like

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by femidejulius(m): 7:24am On Feb 11, 2018
LordAdam16:

1.You want to call a former first Lady of an oil rich state (with a population of less than 2.5m people) of 8 years, second lady of 3 years, and first Lady of 5 years with her own office marked in the budget a mere civil servant.

2.Are you congenitally M*D?

3.I don't know why you Yorubas act so slimy.

4.Tinubu has TWO private jets.

-Fool
1. I didn't know first lady is a career job. Tell me more.
2. It is your family who is silly and cra.zy
3. You are a pathetic being, bringing ethnicity into all discussions. Your tribe is worse than the Fulanis.
4. You bought it for him.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Jakumo(m): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2018
Tinubu amassed enough wealth to buy a fleet of luxury jets simply by praying and fasting on a regular basis, whilst also engaging in major systemic embezzlement of government money and private land, during his rapacious tenure as Lagos State Governor.

As mentioned by an earlier respondent to this discussion, Tinubu was indeed convicted of industrial-scale cocaine smuggling in Chicago years before he re-invented himself as a typically venal Nigerian politician.

So, in summary Tinubu got super rich by praying and fasting, among other things.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
Jakumo:
Tinubu amassed enough wealth to buy a fleet of luxury jets simply by praying and fasting on a regular basis, whilst also engaging in major systemic embezzlement of government money and private land, during his rapacious tenure as Lagos State Governor.

As mentioned by an earlier respondent to this discussion, Tinubu was indeed convicted of industrial-scale cocaine smuggling in Chicago years before he re-invented himself as a typically venal Nigerian politician.

So, in summary Tinubu got super rich by praying and fasting, among other things.

i have lived in lagos for the last 17 years. yep tinubu may be a crook, but he is the crook lagos needs at this time. lagos state is the only state that has a clear continuum; each governor has built on the blueprints set up by the last. it will be slow, it will be aggravating, it will be chaotic, but tep by step, the state is improving.

i was driving through airport road yesterday - a road that should have been upgraded eons ago; but its finally happening.

anyone who has worked in vi over 10 years can also testfiy - i remember when so many of the roads were a mess of potholes. now most of vi is paving stones. i also remember the monthly vi flooding, which has mostly been countered

most importantly, without tinubu, lagos and most of the sw would have been run by the likes of Objs proteges and most embarrassing legacies ; the twin clowns of mental patient fani kayode and loquacious thug ayodele fayose.

you should also remember that tinubu retired as the treasurer of mobil nigeria. that is bigasss money right there.

finally that jet is probably ____________'s corporate jet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by adeolakemi: 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
LordAdam16:

You want to call a former first Lady of an oil rich state (with a population of less than 2.5m people) of 8 years, second lady of 3 years, and first Lady of 5 years with her own office marked in the budget a mere civil servant. Are you congenitally M*D? Are you saying Turai Yar'Adua doesn't have billions of naira?

I don't know why you Yorubas act so slimy. When it's someone else, s/he is brazenly corrupt, when it's one of your own, you make excuses.

Tinubu has TWO private jets. Sheriff has TWO. Orji Uzor Kalu has FIVE.

All of them are corrupt, so don't make excuses for one because he is from your ethnic group. Alams and Ibori as them thief reach no see money buy private jet, yet Tinubu buy 2 dey form don.

Na Mobil accountant work give am private jet. Why Kachiku no get private jet?

If you can read and write and you are arguing that Tinubu does not own a private jet, then you deserve to be flogged in a market square. Sense no fit near you again.

-Lord
have you forgotten dezieani? Yoruba's wants to believe that as an MD in shell she was poor and only made billions as minster of petroleum but tinubu made trillions as accountant in Mobil but never stole as a governor

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
oyb:

i have lived in lagos for the last 17 years. yep tinubu may be a crook, but he is the crook lagos needs at this time. lagos state is the only state that has a clear continuum; each governor has built on the blueprints set up by the last. it will be slow, it will be aggravating, it will be chaotic, but tep by step, the state is improving.

i was driving through airport road yesterday - a road that should have been upgraded eons ago; but its finally happening.

anyone who has worked in vi over 10 years can also testfiy - i remember when so many of the roads were a mess of potholes. now most of vi is paving stones. i also remember the monthly vi flooding, which has mostly been countered

most importantly, without tinubu, lagos and most of the sw would have been run by the likes of Objs proteges and most embarrassing legacies ; the twin clowns of mental patient fani kayode and loquacious thug ayodele fayose.

you should also remember that tinubu retired as the treasurer of mobil nigeria. that is bigasss money right there.

This is Makoko in Lagos State. Do you know the money he looted to buy a his Falcon private jet could completely transform this community. Do you know most of the people in this community will likely turn to armed robbery or try and make the trip to Libya to escape abject poverty due corrupt officials like Tinubu.
How do you think America will look like if their 52 state Governors all bought private jets instead of providing adequate infrastructure?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
DUTCHDON:

This is Makoko in Lagos State. Do you know the money he looted to buy a his Falcon private jet could completely transform this community. Do you know most of the people in this community will likely turn to armed robbery or try and make the trip to Libya to escape abject poverty due corrupt officials like Tinubu.
How do you think America will look like if their 52 state Governors all bought private jets instead of providing adequate infrastructure?

Is that your argument?

You think any government, anywhere in the world can develop a whole state at once?

The govt key priority is making the state an investment destination. More investment means more jobs, more income, and more people moving out of maroko.

There are slums in the best nations in the world.
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2018
oyb:

Is that your argument?

You think any government, anywhere in the world can develop a whole state at once?

The govt key priority is making the state an investment destination. More investment means more jobs, more income, and more people moving out of maroko.

There are slums in the best nations in the world.
The slums all have sewage systems, portable water and healthcare facilities in the best nations in world. It is only in fantastically corrupt shithole countries where government officials buy private jets with looted funds,that some communities have no sewage system,portable water and other infrastructural amenities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by oderemo(m): 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
oyb:

These are not a reasons to justify corporate enrichment on his part.?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
oderemo:

These are not a reasons to justify corporate enrichment on his part.?

Alleged corporate enrichment.

I'm fairly sure we both know that's the same jet that flew buhari during his campaign.

And one Tinubu is better than a 100 of whoever your own governor is. Can you point to any legacies from your own governors?
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
DUTCHDON:

The slums all have sewage systems, portable water and healthcare facilities in the best nations in world. It is only in fantastically corrupt shithole countries where government officials buy private jets with looted funds,that some communities have no sewage system,portable water and other infrastructural amenities.

Oga big talker, who is your own governor? Let's compare notes.
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by 7lives: 5:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
DUTCHDON:

People of Makoko are illegal immigrant from Cotonou, they are mostly fisher men and their families, they are also occupying this area against the government warning.
Gidi government owes them nothing and in fact, this dirty water world may be taken down soon.
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
oyb:

I'm fairly sure we both know that's the same jet that flew buhari during his campaign.

And one Tinubu is better than a 100 of whoever your own governor is. Can you point to any legacies from your own governors?
The jet that flew Buhari during his campaign is owned by Wale Tinubu. This is Tinubu own personal private jet,he acquired after he misruled Lagos State.
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2018
7lives:

People of Makoko are illegal immigrant from Cotonou, they are mostly fisher men and their families, they are also occupying this area against the government warning.
Gidi government owes them nothing and in fact, this dirty water world may be taken down soon.
What of people in Ajegunle are they also illegal immigrants. Did Tinubu fix the sewage system,provide health care facilIties and portable water for the residents. You know if a white Governor ruled Lagos State,places like Ajegunle and other slums would be transformed. But your fantastically corrupt Governor would rather buy a private jet. If he made all his money while working in Mobil,why did he wait until he became Governor to purchase one
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by oderemo(m): 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
oyb:

Funny enough my governor was INSTALLED by GOD tinubu and he is performing miserably.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
oyb:

Oga big talker, who is your own governor? Let's compare notes.
My Governor is a white woman.
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
oderemo:

Funny enough my governor was INSTALLED by GOD tinubu and he is performing miserably.
Ambode hasn't said a word about the toll gate increase by LCC owned by Tinubu's business partner Lebanese Chaugory owner of Hitech construction. The toll gate needs to be increased because Tinubu needs more money to maintain his private jet he bought with looted funds.
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
Jakumo:

grin
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
adeolakemi:
have you forgotten dezieani? Yoruba's wants to believe that as an MD in shell she was poor and only made billions as minster of petroleum but tinubu made trillions as accountant in Mobil but never stole as a governor
Don't mind the hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 12, 2018
femidejulius:

[s]1. I didn't know first lady is a career job. Tell me more.
2. It is your family who is silly and cra.zy
3. You are a pathetic being, bringing ethnicity into all discussions. Your tribe is worse than the Fulanis.
4. You bought it for him.[/s]
thrash
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Ikwokrikwo: 7:08am On Feb 12, 2018
adeolakemi:
Yoruba Muslim logic for you
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ikwokrikwo:

Yoruba Muslim logic for you
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by rhemmiedream(m): 6:41pm On Mar 06, 2018
No one takes you flat..he a.. ded criminals seriously. I honestly don't have an issue with anyone calling out Tinubu or any politician for that matter. But using that as a veiled attempt at insulting his tribe will not be accepted .
One mofo up there was justifying Shepopotamus' wealth by saying " former first lady" as if that was a job.
BAT is not a greater thief than GEJ , KALU , OBIANO, OBI and the likes
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
rhemmiedream:
No one takes you flat..he a.. ded criminals seriously. I honestly don't have an issue with anyone calling out Tinubu or any politician for that matter. But using that as a veiled attempt at insulting his tribe will not be accepted .
One mofo up there was justifying Shepopotamus' wealth by saying " former first lady" as if that was a job.
BAT is not a greater thief than GEJ , KALU , OBIANO, OBI and the likes
99% of Nigerian politicians are fantastically corrupt and turned the country to a shithole.
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
RZArecta2:
Tinubu made all his billions while working at Mobil grin
grin
Re: Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? by orisa37: 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fantastically 666!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onanuga, Ejiofor, Aliyu, Ciroma, Others Speak At Nigeria Youth Peace Summit / Breaking News : YPP Wins Anambra South Senatorial Seat Defeat Andy Uba APC / Breaking- Buhari Finally Reacts On Assault At Ekweremmadu, Blows Hot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.