Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First (726 Views)

Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos) / IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu / Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
By Wisdom Nwedene

It is no longer news that governor Umahi of Ebonyi state has ordered Chiefs to provide lands for Fulani herdsmen in the state. According to him, it is way of maintaining peace and order in the state. The governor also said that the agreement was reached after series of meetings with security agencies, various committees and representatives of herdsmen in the state.

The questions which I don't know whether Umahi asked before giving the order to Chiefs who may be loyal to him are, where are the lands which he wants the chiefs to give to Fulani herdsmen? Have Ebonyians agreed to give their lands to Fulani herdsmen? What are the benefits of Fulani herdsmen cows to Ebonyians?. My dear governor, consulting only the chiefs, security agencies, should not be the criterion why you should give such an order because the disadvantages are more than the advantages if at all there is any advantage which cattle colony will add to Ebonyians.

Let me quickly go to the main reason why I have decided to write this piece. I was shocked when I read the part of Umahi’s speech which stated that he will provide water to Fulani Herdsmen in order for them to ranch their cows.

In his words..

“I will provide amenities such as water in such locations because the state government does not have the resources for ranching''.

I was devastated and dejected to hear such from the governor because Ebonyians are crying for water to drink and survive but here is my Governor, promising to give Fulani herdsmen water to give to their cows.

As an Ebonyi, I know how much I spend to buy water every day because of lack of water and I know so many Ebonyians are experiencing the same thing, we beg you to kindly provide the water for us to drink and live.

Ebonyians need the amenities such as water like you said

more than Fulani herdsmen!!

(Wisdom Nwedene is a writer, blogger, can be reached via, Nwedenewisdom@gmail.com)

1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First by IME1: 9:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
Supported,
Government should get their priorities right.

If not I'll push for ponds for fish farming
Land for yam farming
Sty for piggery
Cages for poultry
And free everything for anyone in agro business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First by bizznew: 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
smiley
Re: Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First by powerkey: 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ebonyi state governor in the person of Dave umahi is a huge disgrace and disaster not only to ebonyi state but South East at large.

The ebonyians should ease him out of that position fast..

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First by OfficialAwol(m): 12:32am On Feb 11, 2018
Ortom licked the ass of Buhari until his head was almost used for pepper soup. Nobody told him to grow balls.

Umahi should know the extent to bend in his asslicking before it becomes too much.

Ebonyi is not Benue

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First by ChelseaDr(m): 12:50am On Feb 11, 2018
Mr Governor, charity begins at home!!!
Cheers
Re: Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First by UncleJudax(m): 12:52am On Feb 11, 2018
OfficialAwol:
Ortom licked the ass of Buhari until his head was almost used for pepper soup. Nobody told him to grow balls.

Umahi should know the extent to bend in his asslicking before it becomes too much.

Ebonyi is not Benue
I have Always maintained that If Governors worked, Nobody would care who the president is...or where he is from.

These Guys are the biggest criminals in this Country...See that one for Kogi...him nearly wan move in with Buhari...

Yeye de smell

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First by Orjioorji(f): 1:09am On Feb 11, 2018
why are all this demons over stretching this issue that governor has debunked the rumour, that's it's all a lie from opposition party who want to cause problems between him and his people. and skull miners are celebrating it too hoping it's true.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:32am On Feb 11, 2018
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Fulani Herdsmen : Governor Umahi Should Provide Water For Ebonyians First by fellowman: 8:43am On Feb 11, 2018
Orjioorji:
why are all this demons over stretching this issue that governor has debunked the rumour, that's it's all a lie from opposition party who want to cause problems between him and his people. and skull miners are celebrating it too hoping it's true.

where you there when he was speaking to the chiefs?

(1) (Reply)

10 Senators To Get Suspension Over Stage Walk-out On Elections Order / Opinion: Ministers Who Welcomed Buhari’s Son Have No Shame Left In Them / Counsel Exposes APC Interference In Metuh's Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.