Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition (40661 Views)

Netherlands Probes 'illegal' Chinese Police Stations / New Zealand Gets First Gay Deputy PM And A Foreign Minister With Facial Tattoo / Chinese Police To Muslims: Hand In All Your Qurans Or Face Harsh Punishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
haha..will dis one work in nigeria, i dont think so...a country where we dont have a data capture or biometric electronic files of all citizen's? well maybe in 2050 it will happen..God help nigeria
we do. Inec bvn and GSM databases can all be integrated
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ishilove:
Oh Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria!! Since Friday we have not had power in my hood, so how can we catch up with these industrial world powers?

No fuel

Inadequate infrastructure

Record breaking mass poverty

Technologically backward

Lecturers are perennially on strike

We are still importing matches.

Snakes sef have joined politicians in stealing money.

Why is my beloved shithole country so hopeless and totally backward??

There is no hope! None at all!!
what have you done to give the country hope and move it forwards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by whirlwind7(m): 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Your stat of less than 25% captured data of Nigerian citizens is ridiculous.

Close to 100million or more Nigerians who use telecom services are captured by the NCC. What about data kept by the Banks, NIMC, INEC, NPC, FRSC, NIS, JAMB, WAEC, Universities etc?? I don't see how these data can't be harmonized. People who aren't already accounted for can be identified and included. I bet that would even be less than the 25% you mentioned.

As for our population figure being inaccurate, it's the same elsewhere. Population figures are only estimates, hence cannot be accurate.

I understand your argument.

Now, those passport sized photographs used in such records you mentioned, how useful are they when trying to connect them to a device such as those glasses, that would compare them to an animated human face, and produce a live match, in a real world situation?
I doubt.
There's a reason why law enforcement agents take mug shots of people for their records by having you face the camera, then take your face profile while you turn to the left, and then right. These are later combined to produce something close to a 3 dimensional image, which is more reliable.

The data Nigeria has got isn't sufficient to make such face recognition device useful. It can't work. You have to build the database files first, before such a technology becomes worthwhile to you.
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by winnah(f): 6:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
GavelSlam:

Can you make it?

is it produced or empowered by Chinese government?

this is someone's Brian child.

it is a product of a patriotic citizen.
ur here complaining virtually over everything instead of asking ur self of what u can do in other to add value.

I stand on the opinion that it's not the government that will change this country or make it better or either will it be an efforts of any foreign aid country. but instead a collective effort of u and I (patriotic citizen)

we know the economy is bad, so don't waste your time complaining over the bad economy for it won't add anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by maisauki: 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
GavelSlam:

Can you make it?
can't we make it?
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by jeroba1(m): 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
will the glasses able to detect those Muslim masquerade women.
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by billyG(m): 7:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
d chinese need it since they look alike,dey need something 2 bring out d invisible difference among themselves.
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by gr8tone: 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
RealGucci:
it cant work in naija
no light
no fuel
no srable 3g and 4g
nothin is digital
everythin na analog/manual/do it yoursef
our greatest technology is smart tv and 3g in disguise of 4g
corruption
even if coti wear am sef
dem see robbers.
na jump dwmem go jump enter bush
but wen those bastards sars wear am
ahhh
na to dey arrest anything that flies.dog o. human being o.car o.
abegi china don advance men
imagine having such tech in murtala airport
awon ndlea them.
Is this how worst your country is? Thanks for educating the world about that
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by Salmoneus(m): 7:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
EbukaHades10:
No. Even if I can,i won't b4 ur govt brand me a terrorist

The country is the way it is because it is filled with people with your mentality...
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by Raylight2(m): 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
GavelSlam:

Can you make it?
can we at least import it
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by GavelSlam: 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
Raylight2:
can we at least import it

Import again?

From where would we get all this money if we import everything?
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by Raylight2(m): 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
GavelSlam:

Import again?

From where would we get all this money if we import everything?
makes sense. I hope our engineers can think in that direction
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by SOFTENGR: 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
EbukaHades10:
Can this happen in my country?
No, Kole werk
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by SKILLFULT(m): 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
Naija still de d era of sim registration....lol... grin
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by ewizard1: 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
When I read news like this, the first thing that goes in my mind is wether these leaders of our get access to read these news and what they think of the country which they govern!!!
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by ifrosh: 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
china already living in the future.
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by paulibling(m): 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nigeria police no need this kain one. If they knack you their talk true you go admit all the crime wey happen before you were born.
Abeg I need piishure of naija police talk true.
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 9:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
GavelSlam:

Ignoramuses always have excuses.
Commot for hear. which wan u don do?. see as ur yeye dey smell
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by hamzyluv(m): 11:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
kstyle2:
Wow. Instead of the IG of police to go over there, see how it's done, weigh the benefits it has in curbing crime, the financial resources required for such, consider if such can be replicated here in Naija, he'll prefer to have commissioners of police 'settle' him steadily. We keep drifting backwards
u will be surprise because , in less than 2_weeks Nigeria police net will be over crowded with marijuana , weeds , hard drugs , alcoholic carriers . .. The scan device will over stress and crash .
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by Caseless: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2018
Ishilove:
Oh Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria!! Since Friday we have not had power in my hood, so how can we catch up with these industrial world powers?

No fuel

Inadequate infrastructure

Record breaking mass poverty

Technologically backward

Lecturers are perennially on strike

We are still importing matches.

Snakes sef have joined politicians in stealing money.

Why is my beloved shithole country so hopeless and totally backward??

There is no hope! None at all!!
I don tire.
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:37am On Feb 12, 2018
EbukaHades10:
Ignoramus ko Iggy azalea ni. U wey no be Ignoramus,why u no go make am? Abeg,shift make i no dey smell yeye thing
dont mind the mumu...Not all of us can be inventors we can be investors...Ignorantly most people don't know even USA aren't inventors but investors....

Back to my point....The debate shouldn't be can we make it or not The question is can a visionless cow led nation put it to use Can a corruption driven society procure it without considering 2019 election funds first?? Can the 75% stark illiterates police force use it Then lastly And the most important of all...Which database will the information/data be cross checked with?? Because we have no database...21st century eleganza biro and dirty brown books still dey IGP table.Smh
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:42am On Feb 12, 2018
winnah:

is it produced or empowered by Chinese government?

this is someone's Brian child.

it is a product of a patriotic citizen.
ur here complaining virtually over everything instead of asking ur self of what u can do in other to add value.

I stand on the opinion that it's not the government that will change this country or make it better or either will it be an efforts of any foreign aid country. but instead a collective effort of u and I (patriotic citizen)

we know the economy is bad, so don't waste your time complaining over the bad economy for it won't add anything
your complaint would have stood if there was an enabling environment and still nothing from citizens...Until then i suggest u retract ur opinion and don't act stupid because i know u aren't u are just confused because u are young,deluded and lost.
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by Kotodoctor: 8:02am On Feb 12, 2018
Constantiney:

Does this even make sense to you? Mother of god.

Has the bible ever made sense to you?

Why do you feel whate very I say from the bible will.
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by winnah(f): 11:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
your complaint would have stood if there was an enabling environment and still nothing from citizens...Until then i suggest u retract ur opinion and don't act stupid because i know u aren't u are just confused because u are young,deluded and lost.

I won't use word back at u because I just noticed that ur an example of what u mentioned above.

so who will put up the enabling environment.
who are the government.
if as corrupt as u are, and in ur little capacity u lack integrity, honest etc what then become of u if u happen to be a leader.

necessity they say, is the mother of invention. united state didn't became great over night.
its was the hard work of their patriotic citizen not just the government.
complaining won't land u in any where better.

grow and grow above complain.
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:45am On Feb 15, 2018
winnah:

I won't use word back at u because I just noticed that ur an example of what u mentioned above.

so who will put up the enabling environment.
who are the government.
if as corrupt as u are, and in ur little capacity u lack integrity, honest etc what then become of u if u happen to be a leader.

necessity they say, is the mother of invention. united state didn't became great over night.
its was the hard work of their patriotic citizen not just the government.
complaining won't land u in any where better.

grow and grow above complain.
the hypocrisy in u stinks....I care less if u insult me...Because I'm above words i repel them because I'm strong willed..Only bombs,stones and guns can hurt not words..

U are no better than the looticians and leeches sucking nigerians dry....They use alot of polished grammars etc to drive home paradoxical inconsequential points...Oh yea they visit the west but can never replicate was found there in practical..

What u guys have is democracy in paper not in pratical...Oh yea talk like them..U are in a process and a young nation..Ahahahaha foolishness at 58..U are young but ruled by very educated ancestors old senile bones yet not even one of them can offer a selfless service to the state..

The reason Americans u referenced stood up for the country and held up was because they saw hope,it was assured and there was an ideology that was evidently potent and promising...My people are hopeless...And before u judge them...Understand that it's too late as it's only instinctive to reject lies,deceit and artificially imposed abject poverty after protracted period.

The problem with people like u is, u are myopic,ur base is not solid rather aqueous in nature..And asuch u lack the ability and capacity to think through things let alone Ask pertinent questions..Because people like u are divine slaves in all spheres but u pride urselves as conservatives and think u persevere more than others meanwhile it's gross foolishness and ignorance.

Your politicians are not leading but ruling,they use poverty and misery to bake the citizens that is why the country might never change because aslong as there is misery and poverty there will always be rigging and useless people like u will always have ur way...

Mind u I'm not in ur league of street urchins I'm blunt,undiluted in expressions without fear or favours I'm only telling you that people are aware of the diabolical gimmicks..

Every problem has an expiry date once identified..

Even this ireland i reside,Nigeria had her NTA before they ever had TVs let alone their own national TV station..There was a time Nigeria gave them financial aids during her first oil boom...But still if we juxtapose the situations now will it be progressive or retrogressive Again lack of history and indept knowledge of things is a problem that shouldn't be waved aside..

But u and ur likes will still say u are young and upcoming even when all the countries u helped and liberated are blossoming and flourishing.

Go and educate ursef young man..

Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by winnah(f): 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
the hypocrisy in u stinks....I care less if u insult me...Because I'm above words i repel them because I'm strong willed..Only bombs,stones and guns can hurt not words..

U are no better than the looticians and leeches sucking nigerians dry....They use alot of polished grammars etc to drive home paradoxical inconsequential points...Oh yea they visit the west but can never replicate was found there in practical..

What u guys have is democracy in paper not in pratical...Oh yea talk like them..U are in a process and a young nation..Ahahahaha foolishness at 58..U are young but ruled by very educated ancestors old senile bones yet not even one of them can offer a selfless service to the state..

The reason Americans u referenced stood up for the country and held up was because they saw hope,it was assured and there was an ideology that was evidently potent and promising...My people are hopeless...And before u judge them...Understand that it's too late as it's only instinctive to reject lies,deceit and artificially imposed abject poverty after protracted period.

The problem with people like u is, u are myopic,ur base is not solid rather aqueous in nature..And asuch u lack the ability and capacity to think through things let alone Ask pertinent questions..Because people like u are divine slaves in all spheres but u pride urselves as conservatives and think u persevere more than others meanwhile it's gross foolishness and ignorance.

Your politicians are not leading but ruling,they use poverty and misery to bake the citizens that is why the country might never change because aslong as there is misery and poverty there will always be rigging and useless people like u will always have ur way...

Mind u I'm not in ur league of street urchins I'm blunt,undiluted in expressions without fear or favours I'm only telling you that people are aware of the diabolical gimmicks..

Every problem has an expiry date once identified..

Even this ireland i reside,Nigeria had her NTA before they ever had TVs let alone their own national TV station..There was a time Nigeria gave them financial aids during her first oil boom...But still if we juxtapose the situations now will it be progressive or retrogressive Again lack of history and indept knowledge of things is a problem that shouldn't be waved aside..

But u and ur likes will still say u are young and upcoming even when all the countries u helped and liberated are blossoming and flourishing.

Go and educate ursef young man..

necessity is the mother of invention I repeat again. if there is anything u don't like, think of providing a solution.
everything on earth was born out of necessity.

complainers can never see good in anything because the lack the will force and the capacity to see through fortune behind the poles of problems, situation or necessity.

just as u rightly put it, ur an epic slaves if u continue to shy away from ur responsibility looking for who to shift it to.

if Dangote and the rest were an ordained complainer like u, what do u think will become of their fate?

the economy is bad and even the blind man knows that.

it is highly palatable to point out the foolishness in ur 'script'..

your too shallow, myopic and ignorant.
be informed and live above complain and a such looking for who to point ur misfortune on.
I just smiled when I heard u speak of no hope.

its only a corpses that doesn't believe or speak of hope.
who will instilled the hope?.
the economy is bad, we don't need a fortune teller.
the government u speak of, can't provide u all that u required (even life won't).

the question is what are ur own contributions ( I don't need u to tell me) what solutions have u brought to salvage and revamp the dead country.

Dangote and the likes of mike A, are already doing so. they are not political leaders, yet, these are the peoples that directly or indirectly controls and have some good influence over your economy.

you don't have to be a senator, president or a Governor before u call ur self a leader or have an influence or control over any economy.
recap the case of JP Morgan.
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by panafrican(m): 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2018
Thumb up for the Chinese. They are really working for their country.
Re: Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition by UnrulyVibezKing(m): 12:14pm On Jun 04, 2018
Trypant:

My brother abi sister, can it?

They should start wearing Ray-Ban aviators glasses, then I'll begin to have faith in them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ / Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) / Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.