Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,505 members, 7,854,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:43 AM

Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes (893 Views)

Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / You Can Walk Around Naked, Provided Your Face Is Covered” – Muslim Cleric Says / 5 African Presidents With Serious Promiscuous Lifestyle [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by naijaking1: 11:57pm On Apr 20, 2010
Promiscuous women producing earthquakes Wow, must be the strong earth shaking org*sm that follow their performances. I hope islamic leaders in Nigeria wouldn't agree with this scientific observation.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/04/20/iran.promiscuity.earthquakes/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

[size=28pt]Promiscuous women cause earthquakes, Iran cleric says [/size]
By the CNN Wire Staff
April 20, 2010 4:55 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Women who dress provocatively and tempt people into promiscuity are to blame for earthquakes, a leading Iranian hard-line cleric has apparently said.

The prayer leader, Hojatoleslam Kazim Sadeghi, says women and girls who "don't dress appropriately" spread "promiscuity in society."

"When promiscuity spreads, earthquakes increase," he says in a video posted Monday on YouTube, apparently of him leading Friday prayers in Tehran, Iran, last week.

"There is no way other than taking refuge in religion and adapting ourselves to Islamic behavior," he adds in the video.

The video was posted by YouTube user "electionlies," who appears to be anti-regime. The account features wallpaper of a blindfolded woman apparently weeping blood and the slogan, "The green movement is alive."

Green was the color of anti-regime protesters in last year's demonstrations in several cities across Iran. The protesters were marching against the country's election results, which gave President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad a second term in office.

Sadeghi is a senior cleric who was appointed last year by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei as a substitute Friday prayer leader in Tehran, an extremely influential position.

Khamenei himself is Tehran's official Friday prayer leader.

Iran suffers regular earthquakes, including a devastating one that destroyed the ancient city of Bam in 2003, killing tens of thousands.

Sadeghi is not the only religious leader to have linked earthquakes with human behavior this year.

American televangelist Pat Robertson suggested that January's devastating earthquake in Haiti was because of a pact Haitians made with the devil in order to throw off French rule in the 18th century.

A spokesman for Robertson said he was referring to a widely discussed Haitian legend, but University of Miami researcher Kate Ramsey said the legend was "utterly a fabrication, and it's an extremely offensive one."
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by jamace(m): 2:22am On Apr 21, 2010
grin grin Banging earthquakes? grin grin
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by naijamini(m): 2:42am On Apr 21, 2010
The future of the world is no religion!
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by naijaking1: 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2010
Now I get it, those promisuous women in California have been shaking the St. Andrea's fault for years and causing repeated earthquakes.
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by chidichris(m): 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2010
iranian claric is another word for iranian madman. very very backward informationwise.
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by otokx(m): 3:56pm On Apr 21, 2010
This is what religion does to people.
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by naijaking1: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2010
chidichris:

iranian claric is another word for iranian madman. very very backward informationwise.

How different are the Iranian/islamic clergy different from our own Nigerian islamic clergy?
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by haronky7: 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2010
Right!

And I will be eager to know what causes tsunami, hurricanes, tornado, volcano, to name a few
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by SapeleGuy: 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
LOL - Too much shaking. These women should stop shaking.
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by idifu(m): 11:29pm On Apr 21, 2010
he is a stupid man he's got no brains at all lol
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by isimili: 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2010
Absolute propagation of ignorance and utter denigration of women. I am grossly appalled.

I wonder who these promicuous women are messing about with. themsleves, men or animals? what about the men who caused them to become so recklessly promiscuous? may be it is their right to be so?

I am ashamed that this cleric may be a spiritual mentor to anybody. Sorry women do not be offfended. There are still so many ignorant people in our world but we all know that it takes two to tango.
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by 4Play(m): 11:36pm On Apr 21, 2010
I know where he's coming from. I've sometimes felt a quake upon sighting some well proportioned bouncing b-oobs.
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by naijaking1: 1:03am On Apr 22, 2010
4 Play:

I know where he's coming from. I've sometimes felt a quake upon sighting some well proportioned bouncing b-oobs.

I see where the quake comes from now. How about the tsunamis? That must come from touching dem body cheesy
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by shotster50(m): 3:08am On Apr 22, 2010
To think some people will wholeheartedly swallow this rubbish!!!!
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by bgees(m): 3:46am On Apr 22, 2010
Too many idiots have taken over religion. And this is Iran, one of the sites of the earliest civilizations. Its a pity they are being ruled by idiots.

They can as well march 100 naked and promiscuous women into Isreal.
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by naijaking1: 6:33am On Apr 22, 2010
Nigerians copy a lot from Iranians. Remember Salmon Rushdie being issue a Fatqua death sentence after his novel. Issuing fatquas simply became the vogue a few years later in Nigeria.
My fear is that islamic cleric in Nigeria might one day start blaming women they view as promisuous, Hot, or scantly dressed to be responsible for all sorts of man-made and natural disasters.
Re: Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2010
bgees:

Too many idiots have taken over religion. And this is Iran, one of the sites of the earliest civilizations. Its a pity they are being ruled by idiots.

They can as well march 100 unclothed and promiscuous women into Isreal.

Ehm, Ehm.

lol. grin

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Locks Out Another Igbo Group / Atiku Mocks Obasanjo / Lagos Lawmakers Order Probe Of Police Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.