Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,079 members, 7,957,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:51 AM

JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI (7397 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Boy In Bayelsa Creeks After Yesterday's Polls / Deltans Organize "Enough Is Enough" For Ibori / No Going Back On Bombing Of Niger Delta Creeks-nigerian Airforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Beaf: 1:32am On Apr 21, 2010
[size=14pt]. . .JTF, police storm Delta creeks[/size]
From EMMANUEL OGOIGBE, Warri
Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A combined team of the Joint Military Task Force and plain clothes policemen yesterday moved into the Delta creeks in search of the fleeing ex-governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori.
Investigation revealed that the latest development was heightened following hints from different quarters that Chief Ibori, is allegedly taking refuge in the Escravos area of the state.

Unconfirmed report also had it that the former governor may be hiding at the multi-billion naira Federal Government-owned Escravos Gas-to Liquid (EGTL) which is occupying a big expanse of land.

Daily Sun gathered that private security have been brought in to ward- off any intruder, especially anti-terror squads.
Although earlier unconfirmed report said the ex-governor was smuggled into one of the strongholds of the repentant ex-militant leader, Chief Government Ekpemukpolo, alias Tompolo, his spokesman, Mr. Paul Bebenimibo denied the story, saying all his men have been in Abuja since the past weeks.

When contacted, the national co-ordinator, Ijaw Observer Group, Comrade Austine Ozobo, confirmed that Ibori was actually taking refuge in the Escravos area of Delta State “Ibori should come out of hiding and defend himself before the EFCC as this will only save him from further humiliation. If he is brave and claims to be innocent, he should come out to prove the innocence, said the group leader.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/apr/21/national-21-04-2010-23.htm
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Beaf: 1:34am On Apr 21, 2010
[size=14pt]Jail awaits.[/size] cool
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by jamace(m): 1:45am On Apr 21, 2010
Wow! Uncle Joe on the prowl. May he not loose steam on this fight against corruption.
Corruption is the bane of Nigeria's development. Therefore all corrupt officials/individuals should be fished out and dealt with according to the law.

IEFCC must bark and bite.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Ibime(m): 1:53am On Apr 21, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Jail awaits.[/size] cool

Na lie oh, dey must carry out jungle justice on the spot. . . . I no want story like Bode George wey dey chillax for 2 years only. . . if dem no deal with the guy kpatakpata, whoever is President in 2011 may pardon him sef. . . you know Naija "do and undo" politics between competing cabals. . . for resisting arrest under force of arms, there is every legal justification to send this weasel called Ibori to the great beyond.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by naijaway(m): 2:20am On Apr 21, 2010
This is a great news and would be a great example. ibori aka plain korokoro thief. Cup dun full. Those stolen money get limit and would still go around to the guards, jtfs, lawyers, etc. Simple matter would have been to serve the state you were chosen to serve but you were doing i must be rich byforce. Even with this development, Nigeria is still not a serious country with or without comparison to any other country.
Nigeria as a nation, leader, and contributor to humanity need to grow up. Ibori should be caught at all cost necessary. The security teams dispatched for this should not make it more than what it is which is a single thief on the run; They should plan right and give him the element of surprise. Minimize innocent civilian casualty. Declear anyone around ibori as a hostage or an alabi; so that anyone around him would know what they doing when associating themselves. All his properties should be in the process of being seized - everything; He should come and defend them.
I have said it several times, Nigeria can recoup several billions from past crooks and use them for various projects in the nation. Begin with anyone who have stolen more than one million dollar then to people who have stolen more than 100,000 dollars and so on; The date of investigation and allegations should begin from jan 1st 1975 till the end of the 21st century. Seize and seize every - and - anything they might have acquired.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Beaf: 2:27am On Apr 21, 2010
Ibime:

Na lie oh, dey must carry out jungle justice on the spot. . . . I no want story like Bode George wey dey chillax for 2 years only. . . if dem no deal with the guy kpatakpata, whoever is President in 2011 may pardon him sef. . . you know Naija "do and undo" politics between competing cabals. . . for resisting arrest under force of arms, there is every legal justification to send this weasel called Ibori to the great beyond.

You wicked o! grin
But we need to recover his loot and any gains he has made from it. So what about he gets the other half of Abacha's apple after signing the relevant docs? wink
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by violent(m): 2:29am On Apr 21, 2010
[size=13pt]IBB is next![/size]

He'd probably take is campaign to kirikiri.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by violent(m): 2:35am On Apr 21, 2010
Ibime:

Quite tempting!

But that wouldn't be a sweet victory, rather, it will only make a martyr!

I'd rather he be stripped of ALL his assets, his family should be given a monthly stipend of 20,000 naira, and he should be made to see the four walls of Nigerian prison
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Beaf: 2:57am On Apr 21, 2010
The security agencies better get MEND (or other ND guides) on their side to fish out the basta'rd, because our security agencies are a sorry sight in the creeks; Ibori might well be between Lagos and Ogun states right now, on his way to Seme.
The army better be ready to head right into Benin Republic to get him, if he makes it across the border. cool
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by violent(m): 3:00am On Apr 21, 2010
^^ I bet the guy would have bailed out of the country a long time ago, but he had no where to go.  Stepping into the UK is a no no, and neither is the US!

All the Police need do is to put a price tag on him. . , I trust Naija men!
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Beaf: 3:26am On Apr 21, 2010
violent:

^^ I bet the guy would have bailed out of the country a long time ago, but he had no where to go.  Stepping into the UK is a no no, and neither is the US!

All the Police need do is to put a price tag on him. . ,  I trust Naija men!

He has been moving freely between here and Dubai for quite sometime now. With the mind boggling amounts he and his other cabal members have stolen, "beneficial" foreign ties can be created at the drop of a hat. Nigeria must be ready to throw its full weight behind its bark.

[size=27pt]In the meantime, Uncle Joe, sack Onovo for incompetence![/size]
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Dede1(m): 3:58am On Apr 21, 2010
I am shocked to the bone reading from the seemingly voices of reason have decided to jettison cardinal bedrock of democracy in order to have pound of political flesh of an individual alleged to be corrupt. Chief Ibori is entitled to full and proper legal proceedings including the manner the so-called EFCC arrived to his indictment.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Beaf: 4:39am On Apr 21, 2010
Dede1:

I am shocked to the bone reading from the seemingly voices of reason have decided to jettison cardinal bedrock of democracy in order to have pound of political flesh of an individual alleged to be corrupt. Chief Ibori is entitled to full and proper legal proceedings including the manner the so-called EFCC arrived to his indictment. 

I have to disagree. All democratic requirements have been met in the pursuit of the gangster, Ibori.
Aside from the theft of billions of Naira, he has flouted the EFCC's invitation several times, he has flouted an arrest warrant issued by a Nigerian courts.

In his bid to escape, he endangered the lives of several senior police and EFCC officers by attacking them with sophisticated weapons, whilst resisting arrest. With this attack on agents of the govt, all options are now open; including his death, if he persists with armed resistance.

Ibori is now a dangerous criminal. All bets are off.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by bawomolo(m): 5:12am On Apr 21, 2010
I'd rather he be stripped of ALL his assets, his family should be given a monthly stipend of 20,000 naira, and he should be made to see the four walls of Nigerian prison

how about his family struggle for jobs like the rest of Nigerians.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Dede1(m): 6:03am On Apr 21, 2010
I hope all the recent political shenanigans of Goodluck Jonathan and EFCC are not connected with any possible extradition of Chief Ibori. Nigeria is recently roaming like one of the states in USA or counties in UK. It is very shameful to see how the present leadership of the cesspit called Nigeria is jumping up and down on the coughing of USA and UK emphasizing the odor of inferior mentality the Africans have come to embrace.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by SkyBlue1: 6:15am On Apr 21, 2010
Dede1:

I hope all the recent political shenanigans of Goodluck Jonathan and EFCC are not connected with any possible extradition of Chief Ibori. Nigeria is recently roaming like one of the states in USA or counties in UK. It is very shameful to see how the present leadership of the cesspit called Nigeria is jumping up and down on the coughing of USA and UK emphasizing the odor of inferior mentality the Africans have come to embrace.

I think you might need to go and introspect, it might do you good. Has Ibori been found wanting? Have there been warrants for his arrest? Is EFCC the police? Taking into consideration the Nigerian factor whereby police can even be bought for protection, is it out of order that the IG has directly intervened? Now for the important questions you might need to rummage over and think about. Who are the greatest victims of corruption in Nigeria (carried out by the likes of Ibori and co), UK and America, or Nigerians?
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Dede1(m): 6:35am On Apr 21, 2010
Sky Blue:

I think you might need to go and introspect, it might do you good. Has Ibori been found wanting? Have there been warrants for his arrest? Is EFCC the police? Taking into consideration the Nigerian factor whereby police can even be bought for protection, is it out of order that the IG has directly intervened? Now for the important questions you might need to rummage over and think about. Who are the greatest victims of corruption in Nigeria (carried out by the likes of Ibori and co), UK and America, or Nigerians?

How could functional governmental entity such as Nigeria have courts issuing warrants for citizen’s arrest without a copy of such warrant copied to the office of Attorney-General, DPP and Inspector-General of police? I found the whole episode as a mark of dysfunctional state where the Chair of EFFC is hoarding the so-called court order as in arrest warrant without sending the copies to the appropriate quarters. If Nigeria is to practice democracy, it must, at least, get its acts correct in the simple arrest procedures of a citizen.

Bros, I do not care about the brunt of the crimes committed by Nigerians. I am only worried about the proper manner that proffers remedy to the situation as to create exemplary precedents.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by SkyBlue1: 7:14am On Apr 21, 2010
Dede1:

How could functional governmental entity such as Nigeria have courts issuing warrants for citizen’s arrest without a copy of such warrant copied to the office of Attorney-General, DPP and Inspector-General of police? I found the whole episode as a mark of dysfunctional state where the Chair of EFFC is hoarding the so-called court order as in arrest warrant without sending the copies to the appropriate quarters. If Nigeria is to practice democracy, it must, at least, get its acts correct in the simple arrest procedures of a citizen.

Bros, I do not care about the brunt of the crimes committed by Nigerians. I am only worried about the proper manner that proffers remedy to the situation as to create exemplary precedents.

SO how do you reconcile that with the part highlighted below?

Dede1:

I mean, what has that got to do with anything and how does that relate to your later statement? Is it Americans and Brits that are suffering as a result of the corruption in Nigeria? Won't it be in our own interest to clean up our act and deal decisively with corruption?
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Dede1(m): 8:14am On Apr 21, 2010
Sky Blue:

SO how do you reconcile that with the part highlighted below?

I mean, what has that got to do with anything and how does that relate to your later statement? Is it Americans and Brits that are suffering as a result of the corruption in Nigeria? Won't it be in our own interest to clean up our act and deal decisively with corruption?

The plank of argument lies with the fact of local origination of legal proceeding against or for Nigerian citizens. Chief Ibori has been dinning with powers that be in Nigeria for number of years without legal harassment. However, Chief Ibori suddenly became a subject of interest to Nigerian legal systems after Ibori’s indictment in London.

There are many Ibori’s walking the corridors of power in Nigerian without a mere invitation by law enforcement agents. However the moment an indictment is handed to Ibori’s look-alikes in Nigeria, the Nigeria and its law enforcement apparatus initiates a man hunt that will originate from the presidency.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by SkyBlue1: 8:56am On Apr 21, 2010
Dede1:

The plank of argument lies with the fact of local origination of legal proceeding against or for Nigerian citizens. Chief Ibori has been dinning with powers that be in Nigeria for number of years without legal harassment. However, Chief Ibori suddenly became a subject of interest to Nigerian legal systems after Ibori’s indictment in London.

There are many Ibori’s walking the corridors of power in Nigerian without a mere invitation by law enforcement agents. However the moment an indictment is handed to Ibori’s look-alikes in Nigeria, the Nigeria and its law enforcement apparatus initiates a man hunt that will originate from the presidency.

Why don't you go do your research before making such unfounded claims. When did this thing with Ibori start? Lucky Igbenidion was also pursued at a stage and unfortunately only got a paltry fine as punishment, was that because he was under investigation in the UK too? What about Bode George who is now in prison? Does he have questions to answer? Quite unfortunate that to you the most important question seems to be anything but that.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by tkb417(m): 8:58am On Apr 21, 2010
abeg why are they concentrating on Ibori alone

what about Gusau and the other indicted criminals in the Haliburton saga

why shd they still be presiding as govt officials when they are indeed criminals

so what moral justification does the govt have to be chasing one man with thousands of soldiers

IBB and co nko? they shd start chasing the others the same way Ibori is being  chased

na wa o.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Arkison: 9:02am On Apr 21, 2010
Whatever the sins of Ibori, I do believe that the guy is just being embroiled in supremacy war rather than corruption.  Ibori was trying to become a political Godfather but is too naive, young and politically immature in the context of Nigerian politics to achieve that status. He should have resigned himself to being a Senator not a President's GodFather.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by nethacker(m): 9:03am On Apr 21, 2010
tkb417:

why shd they still be presiding as govt officials when they are indeed criminals

so what moral justification does the govt have to be chasing one man with thousands of soldiers

IBB and co nko? they shd start chasing the others the same way Ibori is being  chased

na wa o.
tkb417, lets start frm somewhere, one step at a time
pls aondoakka shld be monitored too,  grin grin grin
one day monkeygo go market n e no go return grin grin
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by tkb417(m): 9:09am On Apr 21, 2010
nethacker:

tkb417, lets start frm somewhere, one step at a time
pls aondoakka shld be monitored too, grin grin grin
one day monkeygo go market n e no go return grin grin
omo na true sha, make den dey go prison one by one

if i see that aandoaka goat in Lagos ehn, na slap i go take arrest am
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by nethacker(m): 9:18am On Apr 21, 2010
tkb417:

omo na true sha, make den dey go prison one by one

if i see that aandoaka goat in Lagos ehn, na slap i go take arrest am
u r being lenient in my own views. u wan use slap arrest criminal? grin grin i will ATTACK him with all my might n power, matchet,cutlass,axe, name it. grin grin
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by tkb417(m): 9:29am On Apr 21, 2010
nethacker:

u r being lenient in my own views. u wan use slap arrest criminal? grin grin i will ATTACK him with all my might n power, matchet,cutlass,axe, name it. grin grin
lol; u wicked pass me na grin grin
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by nethacker(m): 9:34am On Apr 21, 2010
tkb417:

lol; u wicked pass me na grin grin
omo joh oooo , eyes dey red for here oooo angry angry
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by rickie4us(m): 9:37am On Apr 21, 2010
this is another high level drama ,
let's wait and see where this would lead
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Gbawe: 10:08am On Apr 21, 2010
tkb417:

because he has become a treasonous nuisance of the highest order to Nigeria !!!! No single individual should be greater than a nation. Ibori sought to become greater than our nation and everything that stipulates how things must work simply because he possesses stupendous wealth. Corruption aside , Ibori was prepared to spend any amount and do absolutely anything to frustrate the Nigerian constitution .

He did everything to impede the emergence of Jonathan. He did not care that the stability of a nation, and hence the existence of millions, was directly connected with the calming of a political situation he was trying to heat up for his own selfish agenda of self-preservation.

We should allow Jonathan to deal with this as he deems fit. It is personal. Ibori tried to ridicule our acting President and Nigeria when he is not even a member of the Government in any capacity!!! He should be dealth with severely. We are in a democracy but Ibori has committed far more treasonable offences againt Nigeria than some Nigerians who died in various gulags (eg Shehu Yar Adua) under various Juntas in the past for acting against our Nation (eg Ken Saro-Wiwa).
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by bibiking1(m): 11:23am On Apr 21, 2010
is it James Onanefe Ibori or James Ibori that is on the run?
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2010
tkb417:

IBB and co nko? they shd start chasing the others the same way Ibori is being chased

na wa o.

Ask the constitution and it's 'immunity' clause . .
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by ojimboIV: 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2010
bibiking1:

is it James Onanefe Ibori or James Ibori that is on the run?

grin grin grin
it is not the same james onafefe ibori (aka odidigboribo of africa) that we are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ / Re: SE/Igbo Contribution To Nigeria’s Economy is Greatest. See how / Southeast State Had Left 5 Southwest States And Rapidly Catching Up On Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.