Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). (9903 Views)

Leaders From The 6 Geopolitical Regions Meet With Peter Obi (Pictures) / The Total Number Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria / 2019 Presidency: APC, PDP's Chances In Six Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by hmabdool(m): 10:42am On Feb 11, 2018
FACTS
1. The North alone constitutes 79% of the total areas @ 730,885 out of 924,662. (NE 29.46%, NC 25.43%, NW 23.37%, and Abuja 0.8%). That means the North is 3 times larger than the South.
2. The South is a mere 21% of Nigeria. (SS 9.15%, SW 8.62%, and SE 3.19%)
3. Lagos State is the smallest state in Nigeria @ 3,345.
4. Niger State is the largest state @ 76,363.
5. Borno State is the next large state @ 70,898.
6. Anambra State is the next small state @ 4,844.
7. Niger State, @ 76,383, is almost as big as the smallest eleven (11) states put together @ 77,405. All the eleven states are in the South.
8. Just three states (Niger, Borno & Taraba) @ 201,734 are bigger than the entire South @ 193,777.
9. From within the South, Oyo State @ 28,454 is about the entire East.
10. SouthSouth is the largest among the 3 Regions in the South.
11. The smallest northern state is Gombe @ 18,768 but it is 64% of the entire East.
12. Kano is surprisingly not very big @ 20,131 and is less than Oyo State.
#Note . The post is about Geography NOT Fulani Herdsmen.
Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by zionmde: 11:54am On Feb 11, 2018
OP are u talking of thousands of desert areas where u can travel a complete 5hrs without a single plantation or human residence? in some northern states u can travel 4hrs without across the desert before u get to see people. In terms of habitation, the inhabited areas in the north is the smallest in the country. all we have there are deserts

25 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by gidgiddy: 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
It should be noted that none of these 6 geopolitical zones are recognised by the constitution.

They are essentially ideas people made up in their heads

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by Omeokachie: 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
Mack truck is big, but can it match the performace of a Ferrari?

What does the "north" bring to the table aside claiming (through dubious local government creations) more allocation contributed by the "south"?

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by BankeSmalls(f): 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
13. Niger state is larger than all the south west states put together grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by kurupt1: 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
I wonder who drafted this map.......this is not how northern and southern parts of a country is drawn.How is kogi even in the northern part of this country? ?

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by hmabdool(m): 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
zionmde:
OP are u talking of thousands of desert areas where u can travel a complete 5hrs without a single plantation or human residence? in some northern states u can travel 4hrs without across the desert before u get to see people. In terms of habitation, the inhabited areas in the north is the smallest in the country. all we have there are deserts

u lie, how are they inhabitable? well it is a blessing in disguise, in time to come u will get to see the usefulness
Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by hmabdool(m): 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
gidgiddy:
It should be noted that none of these 6 geopolitical zones are recognised by the constitution.

They are essentially ideas people made up in their heads

How are they not recognized? this is just the reality and a blessing in disguise for North

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by hmabdool(m): 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
Omeokachie:
Mack truck is big, but can it match the performace of a Ferrari?

What does the "north" bring to the table aside claiming (through dubious local government creations) more allocation contributed by the "south"?

u won't understand it for now, in years to come u will get the lyrics better, it's a very big blessing in disguise

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by hmabdool(m): 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
BankeSmalls:

southeast not southwest

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by hmabdool(m): 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
kurupt1:
I wonder who drafted this map.......this is not how northern and southern parts of a country is drawn.How is kogi even in the northern part of this country? ?

come remove am na
Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by gidgiddy: 1:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
hmabdool:

How are they not recognized? this is just the reality and a blessing in disguise for North

There is nothing like 6 geopolitical zones or Regions in the constitution.
Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by elampiro(m): 1:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
I doubted this report until I did my own investigation. Hard to believe but true.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by JohnieWalker(m): 2:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
Please I need the names of two majority ethnic group and two minority ethnic group in all the zones
Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
who geo zones help? it further divided an already divided nation. ....
Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by hmabdool(m): 2:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
gidgiddy:

There is nothing like 6 geopolitical zones or Regions in the constitution.

My friend the six zonal structure was adopted in 1995 constitutional conference, following former vice-president, Alex Ekwueme’s proposal...go and read about it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by gidgiddy: 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
hmabdool:

My friend the six zonal structure was adopted in 1995 constitutional conference, following former vice-president, Alex Ekwueme’s proposal...go and read about it

Im not arguing that it was adopted, what Im saying is that they are not recognised by the constitution or by the law
Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by Guestlander: 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Oyo state is about the size of all ibo states put together.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by Omololu2121: 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
Guestlander:

Oyo state is about the size of all ibo states put together.
grin
Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by Omololu2121: 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Oyo state is 7 times larger than alambara grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by omowolewa: 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
What you called North Central today is best discribed as middle belt.

Maybe be Northcentral is North/Central Nigeria on the cardinal compass
Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by Odingo1: 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
Stop lumping the North together and segregating the south, Geopolitical zone is not in the constitution, SE is carve out for only Igbo speaking tribe and there are indiginous Igbos in Rivers, Delta, Edo and Benue.
The North, South South and West have several tribes and it is not carve out for a particular tribe like SE.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by Odingo1: 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
Omololu2121:
Oyo state is 7 times larger than alambara grin
And lagos the smallest of all is accomodating close to 20m people and Oyo have vast land that is wasteful, they cannot even farm it to feed theirselves, owing workers salary here and there, strike and hunger everywhere, nobi by size.

Anambra state is far more economically viable and sustainable than Oyo state with it vast land mass.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by hmabdool(m): 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
SashaBanks:
Its not about how big. As an Igbo girl, I prefer my small Anambra where everybody has something doing no matter how small. I appreciate our closely knitted communities which makes for better social development.

Though I don't know the intention of this useless OP, it may not be far from buttressing the fact that the North is bigger than the South.

Well, who big for nothing help?

A zone as big as the whole Northern region is infested with First class poverty, malnutrition, Homosexuality, Desert Encroachment, Diseases, Evil and Demons!

OP take your time oo. If you are that big and have that landmass, why are you people always interested in the South for survival?

Iddiot OP.

If you want change Haruna Mohammed Abdul to hmabdool... You are still an abokki.

AREWA - Association of Rebellious and Extremely Worst Animals.

Shut up!!! Na so the thing enter pain u?? Na waow!! I have just stated verifiable facts and u are hear ranting...well our igbo brothers and sisters (Not vagabond Ipob yoots) understand the whole scenario and it's advantages that's y they have been migrating to Hausa Fulani North to establish there businesses and grow the hausa fulani economy...they have also bought hausa fulani lands and developed it...so wetin be ur case

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by naijaking1: 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
This thread objective is to let the guillible Nigerians know about their landmass but as expected, it'll turn to something else.

Instead of them to learn what they don't know about their country, all we'll hear is rants.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by kettykings: 5:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
but why sudan , Niger , Chad which all have bigger landmasses than Nigeria but have fewer populations and hy is srael which is the land mass of Eastern Nigeria bigger, better, stronger , wealthier anb nire influencial than Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by elampiro(m): 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
Looking at the population of South East States other states, there should be more states in the South West and North.

The South East is marginalizing the rest of the country in terms of land area, population visavis number of states.
Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by mufasasa: 6:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
SashaBanks:
Its not about how big. As an Igbo girl, I prefer my small Anambra where everybody has something doing no matter how small. I appreciate our closely knitted communities which makes for better social development.

Though I don't know the intention of this useless OP, it may not be far from buttressing the fact that the North is bigger than the South.

Well, who big for nothing help?

A zone as big as the whole Northern region is infested with First class poverty, malnutrition, Homosexuality, Desert Encroachment, Diseases, Evil and Demons!

OP take your time oo. If you are that big and have that landmass, why are you people always interested in the South for survival?

Iddiot OP.

If you want change Haruna Mohammed Abdul to hmabdool... You are still an abokki.

AREWA - Association of Rebellious and Extremely Worst Animals.
My God. Had a good laugh going through this. You're so full of hate. The op literally talked about nothing but geographical facts!! Where's all this hate against the op and the North coming from? Unwarranted!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). by Odingo1: 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
elampiro:
Looking at the population of South East States other states, there should be more states in the South West and North.

The South East is marginalizing the rest of the country in terms of land area, population visavis number of states.
Tribal bigot, after depending on eastern Nigeria oil money to survive, you want more state for your parasitic regions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's GDP Grew By 1.87% in Q1 2020 Amid Global Challenges / Happy 57th Birthday To Kashim Shettima, The Vice President Of Nigeria / Nigeria Reiterates Call For A Humanitarian Truce In Israel-Gaza Conflict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.