Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,132 members, 7,849,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:03 AM

Obaseki Mourns Death Of General John Shagaya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Mourns Death Of General John Shagaya (517 Views)

Saraki And Bola Tinubu Meet At Bola Shagaya 60th Birthday (Photo) / John Shagaya's Car Accident Scene (Photos) / Senator John Shagaya Dies In Accident (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Mourns Death Of General John Shagaya by PhilipIdaghosa: 11:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
The Governor of Edo State, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has expressed shock over the sudden passing of a former Internal Affairs Minister, General John Shagaya (rtd), who died in a motor accident today.

The governor who condoled with the family of the late retired General said Shagaya's death was a loss to the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the nation as he was until his demise, a chieftain of the APC in Plateau State.

According to reports, the 75-year-old retired army general was on his way to Jos from his village in Langtang, when the accident occurred at Amper in Kanke Local Government of Plateau State.

"He was a strong advocate of a united, progressive and prosperous Nigeria and his contributions will be greatly missed as the nation's democracy continues to evolve," Obaseki noted.

Born in Langtang North, on Sept. 2, 1942, Shagaya served as minister of internal affairs under military President Ibrahim Babangida, and represented Plateau South in the senate from 2007-2011.

Shagaya, who attended Junior Primary School at Nyer and Sudan United Mission (S.U.M) Primary School, Langtang between 1952-1959, later went to the Nigeria Military School (N.M.S) Zaria in 1960-1964.

After graduation from the Nigeria Military school, Zaria, Shagaya was posted to the Nigerian Army Corps before attending the first short service Combatant Commission Course at Nigeria Defence Academy (N.D.A) Kaduna, in 1967.

He was posted to 3 Marine Command upon commission, where he participated in the Nigeria Civil War from 1967-1970.

Shagaya became the first Field Commander to chair the Conference of the Joint Chief of Staff of the enlarged ECOMOG having Commanded the 1st Mechanised Division in the Nigerian Army including a Platoon, Company, Battalion and Brigade.

http://thebellng.com/obaseki-mourns-death-of-general-john-shagaya/

Re: Obaseki Mourns Death Of General John Shagaya by Mogidi: 11:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
I wonder when Obaseki is going to commiserate with Fulani herdsmen and Boko haram for losing some of their gun wielding members.
Re: Obaseki Mourns Death Of General John Shagaya by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sorry for your loss.
Re: Obaseki Mourns Death Of General John Shagaya by sholatech(m): 12:26am On Feb 12, 2018
Mogidi:
I wonder when Obaseki is going to commiserate with Fulani herdsmen and Boko haram for losing some of their gun wielding members.

Let me clear your Naivety with relevant information

1. Not everyone from North is Fulani.
2. Late Gen. Shagaya has lots of ties with Edo State.
3. He was until now leader of Norhern Christians Elders Forum mobilising support against Fulani Herdsmen.
4. I'm sure you won't call Adams Oshiomhole & Philips Shaibu Fulanis as they grew up in Kaduna & speak Hausa more than their Edo languages

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Mourns Death Of General John Shagaya by Mogidi: 7:37am On Feb 12, 2018
[s]
sholatech:

Let me clear your Naivety with relevant information

1. Not everyone from North is Fulani.
2. Late Gen. Shagaya has lots of ties with Edo State.
3. He was until now leader of Norhern Christians Elders Forum mobilising support against Fulani Herdsmen.
4. I'm sure you won't call Adams Oshiomhole & Philips Shaibu Fulanis as they grew up in Kaduna & speak Hausa more than their Edo languages
[/s]

Adams oshiomhole is Fulani and his full name is Adamu Aliyu Oshiomhole. Oshiomhole's people are not native to Edo state, they're migrants from the north. Philip Shaibu is from Jos, Plateau state.

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Find A Snake Swallow #36million For Jamb / To The Bright Minds,i Need Your HELP / 36milliongang Snake: Video Of Jamb Interrogation A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.