Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update (18428 Views)

PUBG Mobile V0.5.0 Update Added Miramar Map, Local Quick Teams, And More / Infinix Note 4 8.0 Update Discussion / When Is Camon Cx Getting Android 8.0 Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 13, 2018
Edoloaded:
My Nokia 5 android 8

Please, when you updated to 8.0, did you lose your personal data on the phone? I read somewhere that I can lose all my data that's why I've not updated mine. Also, did you do it over WIFI or gave to a technician? Thanks.
Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by bizhop01: 9:46am On Feb 13, 2018
I don't see my phone here J5 2016 shocked
Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by wristbangle: 9:50am On Feb 13, 2018
tolusan:

Please, when you updated to 8.0, did you lose your personal data on the phone? I read somewhere that I can lose all my data that's why I've not updated mine. Also, did you do it over WIFI or gave to a technician? Thanks.

No personal data was lost. I did mine via WIFI connection. I had a friend who used his mobile data for the upgrade.

There is slight difference between Oreo and Nougat.: the notification pop ups, icon settings, widgets (wallpaper, graphics, etc).

1 Like

Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by Ernesthugo(m): 9:57am On Feb 13, 2018
oviedike:
It's no big deal. I've had Android 8.0 Oreo on my S8+ for some weeks. Can't really see much difference from Android 7.0 Nougat.
chairman sir did u root or it a beta.
Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 13, 2018
wristbangle:

No personal data was lost. I did mine via WIFI connection. I had a friend who used his mobile data for the upgrade.

There is slight difference between Oreo and Nougat.: the notification pop ups, icon settings, widgets (wallpaper, graphics, etc).

Thanks
Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by Francis95(m): 10:32am On Feb 13, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
So nothing for my s6edge?
pls how much is s6 edge sold at?
Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by oviedike: 11:59am On Feb 13, 2018
No root and not beta

Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by oviedike: 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
Horlufemi:

you've been on beta

Was on better weeks ago. Been on the final build for few days.
Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by oviedike: 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2018
Horlufemi:

you've been on beta

Was on beta weeks ago. Been on the final build for few days.

Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
Francis95:
pls how much is s6 edge sold at?
come to ikeja, you'll find for 70,75
Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by piagetskinner(m): 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2018
looks like the J7 is a good phone
Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by Horlufemi(m): 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
how soon?

You can go lineageos, or ressurection remix, custom ROMs generally. Thank me later

But beware of bugs
Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2018
tolusan:

I didn't loose anything oh.. everything was still intact
Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2018
Horlufemi:

You can go lineageos, or ressurection remix, custom ROMs generally. Thank me later

But beware of bugs
baba I can't and won't try custom Roms
I'll manage this android 6 jeje
Re: See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 14, 2018
I've never done an update on my phone ever, I just don't trust updates

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience / Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android / Like Facebook, Zoom To Start Charging 7.5% VAT From Nigerian Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.