Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,382 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:53 AM

Women Of Kegbara Dere Stops SHELL Operations In The Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Women Of Kegbara Dere Stops SHELL Operations In The Community (403 Views)

COVID-19: FG Loses N20 Billion In 7 Days As Banks Stop Operations In Ports / 3 Modular Refineries To Begin Operations In 2019 — Kachikwu / Funtua Katsina Dry Port May Commence Operations In May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Women Of Kegbara Dere Stops SHELL Operations In The Community by agvictor(m): 10:20am On Feb 12, 2018
The WOMEN of Kegbara Dere stopped SHELL from operating in the Community, since Saturday, February 10, 2018.

According to them , SHELL company started operating in the Community, traced back from 1958 until date there has been no tangible development in the Community, therefore, the time to extract the juice and consign the chaff to the trash bin have expired.

Facebook user who took to his timeline to express his feelings wrote "Sincerely i pity the people of Kegbara Dere.

"The world is on the speed lane. Who will come to our rescued. Where are our elites?. May God help Kegbara Dere. My heart bleeds when I see thing like this happening to the community where I came from.

"For how long shall we continue like this? Kegbara Dere wake up the world has passed this stage. What is our demand on this project from shell. What the value of CASHES embedded in the contract. That should be our demand as it is done in other contracts where I witnessed in other part on Niger Delta but here in K . Dere we are shouting Ndabari ooooh and carrying gusaa instead of asking for what is due for us in the contract. What is due for us in the contract is the CASHES and nothing more.

I am really disappointed because we know what to do but we can not unite and do the right thing. May God shows us mercy in Jesus name Amen"

Recall, Shell Companies in Nigeria work with government, communities and civil society to implement programmes that have a lasting impact on lives in the Niger Delta and Nigeria as whole. Earlier 1990s tensions arose between the native Ogoni people of the Niger Delta and Shell. The concerns of the locals were that very little of the money earned from oil on their land was getting to the people who live there, and the environmental damages caused by the recurring sabotage of pipelines operated by Shell.

More on :https://www.agvictor.com/2018/02/12/women-kegbara-dere-shell-operations-community/

(1) (Reply)

Registered Voters: North West, South West Lead / APC Faction Overturns Gov. El-rufai’s Suspension / When The Titans Clash In Imo APC And APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.